What are the do not miss foods from Princess?

Kosi

Not sure why it took me so long.. but after 14 cruises.. my 15th will be on Princess.. in Oct. With the search button down still! What are the foods that are not to be missed from this cruise line. (Royal). Thanks..! I am already impressed with the reservation page .. it is nice and sleek...

I am leaving in 5 days for the Ruby Princess. The foods I miss are the Souffles, Fruit Tarts, Gnocchi ( appetizer). I have been dieting so the sweet stuff sounds good. I remember a dinner of some sort of tenderloin tips or something like that . Very tender and delicious. Also love the sandwiches at the International Cafe.

Not sure why it took me so long.. but after 14 cruises.. my 15th will be on Princess.. in Oct. With the search button down still! What are the foods that are not to be missed from this cruise line. (Royal). Thanks..! I am already impressed with the reservation page .. it is nice and sleek...
On the Royal Princess, there's so much not to miss it's hard to choose! Alfredo's is delicious (included), the buffet is a WOW!, the International Cafe is taken to another level with lots of goodies (included), the Horizon Bistro is a pastry-lover's dream, etc. It took me several days to find the made-to-order sandwiches and grilled items because there was so much else that tempted me, including 3-4 salad bar sections. Then there's the Crab Shack and Fondue (extra charge) as well as the specialty restaurants. No other Princess ship has the variety that the Royal has. You'd have to be a real grump to say you couldn't find something you liked. :) To be honest, we found the food so varied and good elsewhere that we never made it to the dining room for dinner on a 17-night cruise, and we're not really buffet people.

On the Royal Princess, there's so much not to miss it's hard to choose! Alfredo's is delicious (included), the buffet is a WOW!, the International Cafe is taken to another level with lots of goodies (included), the Horizon Bistro is a pastry-lover's dream, etc. It took me several days to find the made-to-order sandwiches and grilled items because there was so much else that tempted me, including 3-4 salad bar sections. Then there's the Crab Shack and Fondue (extra charge) as well as the specialty restaurants. No other Princess ship has the variety that the Royal has. You'd have to be a real grump to say you couldn't find something you liked. :) To be honest, we found the food so varied and good elsewhere that we never made it to the dining room for dinner on a 17-night cruise, and we're not really buffet people.

We are on the Royal next week. Where will we find the made-to-order sandwiches and grilled items?

Just on the Coastal Sapphire in October and the only sandwiches we found were the wrapped in saran wrap pre-made ones in H.C. buffet area.

Thanks,

We are on the Royal next week. Where will we find the made-to-order sandwiches and grilled items?
Hard to explain since the buffet is so huge. They're in the cross-section near the pastries and cakes. The grilled items are around the corner nearer the pool. When checking out the buffet, the food can be different on each side and there are three cross-corridors with options.

Here's a great post by Dave with all of his pictures of the Royal Princess. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41072677&postcount=1

You'll see photos of the buffet area in his "Part 2" album.

"These are just a few of my favoriter things"

I would recommend eating the filet mignon and lobster tails in the Crown Grill specialty restaurant. Also watch the daily menus for the main dining rooms and dine there when they offer escargot as an appetizer. The onion rings occasionally offered in the Horizon Court are very good. The calamari appetizer and the lobster 3 ways are good in Sabatini's specialty restaurant.

I am a sucker for the fettuccini alfredo. I get an appetizer portion on most nights. Love the red snapper mojito cervice (I think that is what it is called) as well embarkation day lunch.

Have you tried a dinner or appetizer portion of the fettuccini with a piece of grilled salmon on top of it? It's one of my favorite dinners.