What are the do not miss foods from Princess?

Kosi

I am leaving in 5 days for the Ruby Princess. The foods I miss are the Souffles, Fruit Tarts, Gnocchi ( appetizer). I have been dieting so the sweet stuff sounds good. I remember a dinner of some sort of tenderloin tips or something like that . Very tender and delicious. Also love the sandwiches at the International Cafe.

The pizza (on the pool deck) - it's the first place we go when we board!

Princess dream cake (yum), fetticini ( with chicken), prime rib ( I mostly eat chicken or fish, so this is my exception) chicken salad from IC. Hazelnut gelato (when I can get it) . And a Dirty Banana (drink) Yum !

Love, love dirty bananas.

Do they make it from scratch on Princess or just make it with syrups?

Kathy

Love, love dirty bananas.

Do they make it from scratch on Princess or just make it with syrups?

Kathy

The Chef on Coral Princess was very proud that they make EVERYTHING from scratch. Those torpedo-shaped potatoes at dinner are carved by hand out of a whole potato (that's why there's hash browns every morning and potato soup every night!).

On the Royal Princess, there's so much not to miss it's hard to choose!....., the International Cafe is taken to another level with lots of goodies ......

Agree!! In fact, the Royal was our first experience on a ship with IC, and the later cruises on Ruby and Emerald were a bit of a let-down in the International Cafe!! :o Looking forward to our cruise on the Regal!!

Don't miss the escargot! It's the best at sea! :)

Really? I was very underwhelmed by the escargot.

My usual M-O was to eat a big breakfast, snack in the afternoon and then have the full dinner in the MDR.

One afternoon I decided to have a tuna sandwich at the IC. So I walked up to the counter and asked if I could please have a tuna sandwich and could you add some lettuce and tomato and then run it through the griller? Response from counter person: "Umphh umphhh ara ara." Me: "Excuse me?" Counter person #1: "Umphh umphhh ara ara." English was not his strong point so he went to get... Counter person #2: "Can I help you?" Me: "Yes. Could I get some lettuce and tomato on my tuna sandwich?" Counter person #2: "No tuna is just tuna." Pointing to the sandwich in the case. Me: "I can't add lettuce and tomato to my sandwich? Really??" Counter person #2: "No tuna is just tuna." Me: "OK... I guess?" I then wolfed down the plain tuna sandwich that was very good despite the lack of extras. I was just taken aback by the attitude. It was very un-cruise shippy of them. I was going to mention this incident in my email survey from Princess... but I forgot. So to get back on topic... at some point during the week... try a plain tuna sandwich from the IC and have them toast it in the panini grill. Very good!!