Jeff the Fun Dude?

jdbmga

Interesting we thought he was a lot of fun the two times we sailed with him on the Dream.

Apparently he is the head comedy club manager and they send him acts to try out on his ship to see if they should stay with Carnival.

I know that was the original plan - when the Dream was the first with that "comedy club" set up. But I kinda assumed (yeah, I know :rolleyes:) that had changed when George Lopez came on the scene.

He was there in October 2013 and I thought his spots were funny. In fact, he is one of the few comedy club managers that I have seen do a bit of comedy before introducing the main act.

I agree with you!:) I thought he was funnier than the comedians that was on board!:)

I know that was the original plan - when the Dream was the first with that "comedy club" set up. But I kinda assumed (yeah, I know :rolleyes:) that had changed when George Lopez came on the scene.

Well that is what he told me.

He is the only comedy club manager that added something to the comedy club. Most just introduce the acts and stand by the side of the stage to tell them to wrap it up.

Dont know that George Lopez really adds anything to their comedy club.

Ummm... just watched jeff the fun dude on utube featuring the Elation. The very cruise I'm going on. Don't know if we have him but indicators poin:(:(t to that direction. Not too fussy on vulgar comedy. Hope this isn't the case cause last cruise on Elation quite a few years ago, comedy was clean and hilarious.

Is Jeff the Fun Dude still on the Dream?

We were on the dream1/25-2/8....saw him clearing customs ...don't know if his contract was up or just a short vacation...but he wasn't on the ship by the time left on 2/8...there was a new guy...uncle something ...

Have a great time on your cruise

Well that is what he told me.

He is the only comedy club manager that added something to the comedy club. Most just introduce the acts and stand by the side of the stage to tell them to wrap it up.

Dont know that George Lopez really adds anything to their comedy club.

Agreed!! :o

• 8 months later...

Jeff was a stand up comic for 18 years before he was chosen to be the first comedy club manager for Carnival. He tested the comedy club on the Glory before going to the dream and he has set the standard for all Carnival comedy clubs. And he will be on the Dream until June 2015. Yes he does do stand up before the comidiens but his most importent job is managing the club just like you would find on land. You may or may not like him or his act, but I asure you he works hard at making sure the club is run correctly. People talking, hecklers, line jumpers and those who want to save seats all night for guest that don't show up makes it difficult for others to enjoy the show. He maintains order and when he upsets some of the wrong doers, they can't wait to complain or write an unfare review.

So don't just look at his preshow act but look at how well the club is run.

Jeff was a stand up comic for 18 years before he was chosen to be the first comedy club manager for Carnival. He tested the comedy club on the Glory before going to the dream and he has set the standard for all Carnival comedy clubs. And he will be on the Dream until June 2015. Yes he does do stand up before the comidiens but his most importent job is managing the club just like you would find on land. You may or may not like him or his act, but I asure you he works hard at making sure the club is run correctly. People talking, hecklers, line jumpers and those who want to save seats all night for guest that don't show up makes it difficult for others to enjoy the show. He maintains order and when he upsets some of the wrong doers, they can't wait to complain or write an unfare review.

So don't just look at his preshow act but look at how well the club is run.

agreed and a great post