I Pad

Swampduck

You might want to give him the IPAD several days before the cruise as it can take a lot of time to download movies and TV shows. Your husband will also want to look for apps that he could use on the trip - and that might take him several days to research all that is available. If you just give it to him a day ahead, he won't have much opportunity to adjust to using the IPAD and then load his IPAD up for the trip ahead of time plus he needs time to charge his IPAD up fully the first time.

Take a look at some of these cool apps:

http://appcrawlr.com/ios-apps/best-apps-cruise-ship

PS: I think your husband will be thrilled with his gift whenever you give it to him!

Edited by SuiteTraveler

I bought an iPad on my January cruise, since we had some extra OBC. Also, with the exchange rate and saving tax, it was much cheaper onboard than at home. We were gone two weeks so no duty was charged.

If you buy the iPad onboard plus an accessory they give you 90 min free internet.

Morning, well the iPad went down a treat he is totally delighted & he will be busy getting it set up which will keep him busy while I do the last bits for leaving in the morning .

Can't wAit to fly out in the morning , we have never been out of Europe so this is a big trip for us .

Thanks once again for all the comments and advice

Take are

Debbie x

Morning, well the iPad went down a treat he is totally delighted & he will be busy getting it set up which will keep him busy while I do the last bits for leaving in the morning .

Can't wAit to fly out in the morning , we have never been out of Europe so this is a big trip for us .

Thanks once again for all the comments and advice

Take are

Debbie x

Glad he enjoyed the iPad. Best wishes for your anniversary while you are away. I'm sure you are going to have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was told that the purchase of the iPad was Duty Free - since purchases could only be made while at sea.

The purchasing is duty free as Celebrity paid no duty on it prior to selling it to you. However, the purchase would still count against your important ion allowance when you return home.