hotels in ft lauderdale

chrisssyt

Since you offer no info on when you will be there, we can't say what would be "affordable" for you. Or "nice". There are tons of recs on these threads for you to start reading.

You will need to decide if you will be looking for a beach hotel, downtown area type or near airport (cheapest). Will you have a car? How many people?

Welcome to cruise critic. After you famialiarize yourself with St L and scan some of the recs on the past threads, come on back with some more info and we can help you out.

Edited by eandj

We stayed at the Sleep Inn Dania last Nov., one night, pre cruise. It was fine...nothing fancy but it was comfortable, offered an airport shuttle, breakfast and wifi. There is a Publix grocery store across the street for last minute purchases like wine, water etc. Walgreens is next door but does not sell wine.

im looking to fly down to ft Lauderdale the day before my cruise leaves. any suggestions on where to stay that is affordable but nice.

thanks christine

What is affordable to you and what do you consider nice? Fort Lauderdale is expensive compared to Podunk, Middle America but a bargain compared to London.

Jan 16, 2015. I have been doing some looking. Looks like i will be paying a little more than I thought.....but atleast I will be warm!!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Forums mobile app

That helps a lot! Your date is Martin Luther King weekend so that is a holiday weekend in peak season. That means expensive.

My suggestion to you would be to forget the shuttles and hotwire a hotel for the night. You can always use cabs and if you stay in the downtown area, cabs are cheap from the airport to the hotels and from the hotels to the port.

If you insist on booking with a shuttle, you'll have to pay rack rate and will pay around $200 for a hotel in not a great area that you'll still have to cab around to.

There is a four star on hotwire right now for downtown/Port Everglades for $150. I'd jump all over that hotel because you will not see a better price.

Graby, If you can get a hotel for your date in Downtown Ft L, 4 star for $150 for your date on hotwire...I'd book it. :D The four stars they use in that location will be either the Renaissance or Hilton Marina. Both great for you.

Edited by eandj