2/22/15 Miami - Ft. Lauderdale

croozlady

Is anything big going on the weekend of 2/21-2/22/15?

I just booked a cruise out of Miami, we will likely be flying into FLL and it looks like Holiday Inn POM is not available. We just stayed at the Hyatt Place 17 th St, and that is coming up as $379/ night! Value trips doesn't have 2015 rates out yet...

Is there a boat show or convention or is it spring break, anything to be jacking up costs and/ or taking up rooms already?

We have newbies coming this time, I'm trying to get them as much info as I can so they have an idea of total costs... Any reasonable hotels ($250/ less) in Miami close to port, or should we stick with FLL?

Had an unexpected stay at the Cambria Suites due to a storm, was very nice, but not much in the area without a car....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app via my iPad, pardon the typos!

Some hotels will not have rates/availability posted 1 year out, and others know that Feb is peak high season; you might also be timed just right/wrong for President's day weekend. Book something you can live with NOW and then keep shopping. Good luck! :)

Thanks, I was wondering if it was just too soon.... I know I can't start looking for flights yet. I'll have to be a little more patient.

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks, I was wondering if it was just too soon.... I know I can't start looking for flights yet. I'll have to be a little more patient.

Thanks for the reply!

President's Week, South Beach Food & Wine Festival.

Thanks, Blue! Might have to make time to check that out!

Skip the South Beach Food & Wine Festival. We get freebies because the hubs is in the industry but the events are stoopid overpriced, the Burger Bash was $375 a person. Yes, three hundred and seventy five dollars a person for a burger bash.

The celeb events, and they are all celeb events do nothing but suck up to the celeb chefs and the ticket holders have no access to the celebrity chefs.

It is really just a rip off for the general public.

Take your money and instead go out to eat at one of Miami's really good restaurants.

Cosign skipping the South Beach Food/Wine event. It's supposed to be about food and wine, but in reality it's a fashion show and talk about expensive. My wife and I talked about going this year and after seeing those prices we just decided to make a nice dinner at home with our own wine.