Back home from Eurodam 2/16-2/23 and OMG Biggest Comlaint Ever!

elsie60

Back from our cruise and getting adjusted to below freezing temperatures! I just filled out my survey and forgot to mention the toilet paper :eek:. OK, so I know there are so many things to post about but I have been LOL to myself about how bad the TP is and no one (that I have seen) has posted about this! :p Please keep in mind this is a "tongue in cheek" response but I just had to do it! BTW Our cruise was wonderful!

I thought about buying TP and facial tissues in port but I didn't want to risk messing with the ship's plumbing. I didn't remember even noticing this on past cruises. Since this was my worst complaint about my cruise I can deal with it!

I thought about buying TP and facial tissues in port but I didn't want to risk messing with the ship's plumbing. I didn't remember even noticing this on past cruises. Since this was my worst complaint about my cruise I can deal with it!

You are right. It's cruise plumbing TP....better than stopped up plumbing.

Maybe a consolation of being back in cold weather is one's own TP at home, lol.

The TP is that way for a very good reason. It's designed to dissolve more quickly than the heavier stuff, hopefully resulting in fewer plumbing clogs for the ship as a whole.

It's the people who bring their own/buy their own, use wet wipes, etc. that make it miserable for those who understand that marine toilets ARE not equipped to handle such things.

The right solution is to just use more of what the ship supplies--not to buy/use the wrong thing and make a mess for others. Nothing wrong with finishing up with a damp washcloth--the laundry room doesn't mind a little extra work.

It surprises me that HAL doesn't say something more specific regarding the care of their marine plumbing. Yes, I have heard captains say if you didn't first eat it or drink it it does not go in the head. But never have I heard any reference to TP or Kleenex (and the Kleenex is right there within reach). I think there's a lot of people that don't realize that non-marine TP could really mess things up, and may innocently use it.