Tux too much?

retnuh281

I'm sailing Triumph on a quickie 4 day in September. It's been a few years since I sailed Carnival. I've always worn a tux on elegant night but I understand that dressing up has become a thing of the past. Just wondering if ANY men are still dressing up on elegant night. Anyone cruised lately that could enlighten me?

Got mine rented and it'll be waiting on the ship next week for me! These are the ONLY times me and the Mrs. really feel like dressing up, getting some pics, and having fun.

Everybody just wears what their comfortable in - that way they're having fun, we're having fun - it's all good!

I would say less than 1% will wear a tux now.

Once upon a time when they had a nice capt's party and you had the chance to meet the capt people got dressed up including myself.

Now that it is only an excuse for them to sell you expensive pictures I dont even wear a jacket and tie anymore.

I think you should be able to dress up as much as you want on formal night. Some people love to be able to break out the good stuff during cruise elegant night. I've seen everything from evening gowns and tuxes to business casual (and sometimes a lot less :eek:).

Have fun with it and enjoy. :D

Edited by MoreMouse

To be sure there are fewer wearing a tux these days but there are still some on every cruise. I own a tux and the only time that I ever wore it was on a cruise. Unfortunately I am in a wheelchair now and it is just not possible to get the thing on but rest assured that if I could get it on I would be wearing it.

We were just on a short cruise in January and we saw plenty of people in Tuxedos , my husband was one of them and thre were plenty dressed "down". It runs the gamet, I say where what you like and if you want to dress up and get some GREAT professional pics then why not!!!!

Everybody's crazy about a sharp dressed man. ;)

Definitely wear it. Don't worry about the people who refuse to dress up.

A suit isn't even on the suggested list that Carnival puts out, only dress slacks and shirt and a suggested sport coat for men so being all dressed up isn't a requirement anymore. The only cruise I have ever been on that had quite a few in tuxes was on Celebrity so if you desire a really dressed up atmosphere you should try them.

Guys can look so sharp when they dress up - I love it! And I think it's a compliment to the women they are with when a guy takes the time to look good for her (you know it works both ways guys!!)

It's also my ONLY chance to wear my long black dress! It's a fabulous dress and I love it - my husband loves seeing me in it!

I also LOVE seeing other people who take the opportunity to dress up - people watching is the MOST fun on formal nights! My daughter and I pick our favorites and we always compliment those who dress nicely.

But there is a time and place to dress sharp. Carnival is way too relaxed to wear a tux. I usually see 1 or 2 people on any given cruise. Wearing a tux on Carnival is almost like wearing a three piece suit to the beach.

But there is a time and place to dress sharp. Carnival is way too relaxed to wear a tux. I usually see 1 or 2 people on any given cruise. Wearing a tux on Carnival is almost like wearing a three piece suit to the beach. Can you wear one? Absolutely. Should you? Probably not.

I'm sailing Triumph on a quickie 4 day in September. It's been a few years since I sailed Carnival. I've always worn a tux on elegant night but I understand that dressing up has become a thing of the past. Just wondering if ANY men are still dressing up on elegant night. Anyone cruised lately that could enlighten me?

It doesn't matter what everyone else is wearing, you will be the best dressed one. Go for it!

I was planning to wear mine on our upcoming cruise and my wife said that I might be the only one wearing one. She then said that a tux is too much trouble for her to pack and prepare for wearing. The last reason was the kicker. I'll enjoy a sport jacket this trip.

Bu2t there is a time and place to dress sharp. Carnival is way too relaxed to wear a tux. I usually see 1 or 2 people on any given cruise. Wearing a tux on Carnival is almost like wearing a three piece suit to the beach.

And Elegant night is one of the places if you choose. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing a tux if you so desire. There were several men wearing tuxes on our last cruise. I personally wore mine and will probably wear it on the next cruise. I even got a thumbs up from a gentleman on our last cruise while wearing mine.