Towels

Hi... this might be a stupid question but can you take towels off the ship to use as beach towels? And if so where do you pick them up from and do you have to sign them in and out? Thanks

Towels are available on the pool deck. You don't have to sign them out, and you can take them to the beach. In fact, I saw a bunch of blue Royal towels left on the beach in St. Croix a few weeks ago.

This part kinda fascinates me. RCI is just willing to eat that cost?

My guess is that when they look at the numbers at the end of the quarter, there might be some changes. One of the officers on board was telling me that they were running low on towels and wouldn't be able to get more for a few weeks.

Towels are available on the pool deck. You don't have to sign them out, and you can take them to the beach. In fact, I saw a bunch of blue Royal towels left on the beach in St. Croix a few weeks ago.

Probably left by the people that were complaining about the towel deposit Royal used to have! :eek:

Hi... this might be a stupid question but can you take towels off the ship to use as beach towels? And if so where do you pick them up from and do you have to sign them in and out? Thanks

I know this has been answered, but I'd thought I would expand on answering your question by providing a few tidbits of advice.

First, you can take beach towels off the boat when you are at port. While it seems appealing to take as many towels as you can with you when you get off the boat, keep in mind that those towels will get very heavy and bulky when they get wet. My husband and I usually get two towels each- one to lounge on and dry off with and the other to use on our way to the port in the event we are still wet. I was on an excursion once time in Barbados and the man driving the bus back to the port refused to let my husband on because he did not have a dry towel to sit on as a barrier between his swim shorts and the seat (we eventually argued our way on but it was a horrible experience and very scary). Needless to say, we always keep a dry towel each with us now because of that experience.

Second, I recommend you get your towels at night. We typically go after we eat dinner because the towel station is not crowded at all. This also eliminates having to worry about getting towels the day of being at port. If you've never been on a cruise, please know that a day when you are at port is very hectic in the mornings.

Towels can be picked up on the pool deck. During the day you can't miss the towel station because there is always a line of people trading out towels. If you choose to get your towels at night, look for a station around the Solarium.

Also, I have noticed on the past couple of cruises I have been on that someone is available when you enter the boat from being at port to take your used towels. I highly recommend utilizing this feature as I am sure no one wants to get in an elevator with a bunch of people that have used and wet beach towels.