Oasis Diamond Lounge questions

Last year was our first time cruising as Diamond members. We had heard great things about the lounge and checked it out. We did not find it overly crowded (we had later seating) and enjoyed some snacks and complimentary drinks before our dinner.

I did not see anyone tip the wait staff with either cash or signing a slip to bill your onboard account. Should they be tipped? If so, when - each drink they serve, end of each visit, or end of cruise? There were 3 different staff so trying to keep track of who served you when/how many times would be too much for my on vacation brain to process.

Also, our service from the wait staff was really not very good. There were more than 3 occasions when we arrived and sat for over 15 minutes without being acknowledged or had our drink order taken. Again, it was NOT busy - only about 15 people in the lounge and 3 wait staff. I'm just wondering if we were supposed to tip and didn't and that's why our service deteriorated?

Also, what exactly does the concierge in the lounge do? Each time we were there, she greeted everyone upon entrance from a desk area, but stayed at the desk the entire time.

We are cruising again on Oasis in May and want to have an understanding of how this works so I follow the proper protocol.

Any input/experience is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Robin

We usually tip the drink servers for every drink. Some people wait until the end of the cruise to tip. I don't think it makes a big difference.

The concierge is there to help you with things like specialty restaurant reservations, booking excursions, fixing your internet charges, etc. They can usually do most anything that Guest Services can do, and more.

Last year was our first time cruising as Diamond members. We had heard great things about the lounge and checked it out. We did not find it overly crowded (we had later seating) and enjoyed some snacks and complimentary drinks before our dinner.

I did not see anyone tip the wait staff with either cash or signing a slip to bill your onboard account. Should they be tipped? If so, when - each drink they serve, end of each visit, or end of cruise? There were 3 different staff so trying to keep track of who served you when/how many times would be too much for my on vacation brain to process.

Also, our service from the wait staff was really not very good. There were more than 3 occasions when we arrived and sat for over 15 minutes without being acknowledged or had our drink order taken. Again, it was NOT busy - only about 15 people in the lounge and 3 wait staff. I'm just wondering if we were supposed to tip and didn't and that's why our service deteriorated?

Also, what exactly does the concierge in the lounge do? Each time we were there, she greeted everyone upon entrance from a desk area, but stayed at the desk the entire time.

We are cruising again on Oasis in May and want to have an understanding of how this works so I follow the proper protocol.

Thanks,

Robin

Tipping is optional but I'd say common. Even if just a couple bucks each night you won't wait long for drinks for long. The conc. will book anything for you. Just ask for help if you need it. Dinners, shows, tours, etc. some tip them as well.

Thanks,

Robin

absolutely you should tip the servers. we choose to do so at the end of the cruise, but others will do so nightly. how much is subjective.

the concierge is there to make reservations for you for petty much anything arrange tours and handle any concerns or issues you may have.

We normally tip at the end of the week. We Keep a running total of number of drinks we have consumed in DL and tip the bartender/s accordingly to what we think the drinks would have cost if we were buying them.

The way we view it is if we had purchased the drinks we would have the tips automatically added on the bill. Whilst I am sure the bartenders are being compensated for being in the DL if they were working in a regular bar they would be earning tips per drink sold.

To us the drinks are still free, we just pay the gratuities:)

We tip at the end of the week. On Allure in Nov, there were over 300 D and above onboard so we were not in the DL for the evening cocktails. We were in Blaze. Service was very good and we saw some people tip each night and others like us, gave an envelope the last night. We've been told the waitstaff pools and splits the tips. On EX in the D event, we watched the waitsstaff put the cash they were given in a bucket each night so the splitting tips makes sense.

Whether in the DL or CL we always tip our server, a very generous tip, before receiving drinks the first night... and every evening thereafter (the same amount)... upon arrival. We usually sit in the same area... and we never wait for drinks. Usually by the third night the drink is at our table as we are sitting down. (To Insure Prompt Service)