Vegan Food Options

mattR

I am a vegan and have done five cruises now. You need to let the head waiter know that you are a vegan. They will give your the menu the day before and will personalize menu choices if nothing is accommodating. I have never had a problem ever in the dining rooms, anytime or traditional. The buffets, well, you figure it out and ask questions if needed. The international cafe has at least one vegetable salad that is vegan.

Have fun. I am a vegan and I can say that I have never starved on any Princess cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Carpe_Diem

You might want to check out my blog: http://justinpluslauren.com

We are both vegan and cruised in January. We had no problems at all, they were extremely accommodating and the food was delicious! I wrote about the food we ate each day in the blog with lots of pics!

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

And if taking any Princess shore excursions that include food, be sure to let the Shore Excursion desk klnow ASAP after boarding about the vegan needs.

If taking indepedent excursions which include food, be sure to let the provider know when you book the excursion.

And if taking any Princess shore excursions that include food, be sure to let the Shore Excursion desk klnow ASAP after boarding about the vegan needs.

If taking indepedent excursions which include food, be sure to let the provider know when you book the excursion.

Yes, this is a good point! We completely forgot to do this - but we didn't know we would be receiving food on our snorkel tour with Woodwind in Bonaire. Thankfully, they were easily able to make the dish vegetarian/vegan and were very understanding/accommodating!

Thankfully for some tours in the Caribbean/Central America, there are rice and bean dishes served, so it's really easy to get a vegan meal! But definitely best to check ahead of time :)

Any info about how a vegetarian would handle Princess Cays? Last time I was there it seemed to be mainly hamburgers and hot dogs, and little else. Is there some secret I should know, or should we just plan to eat on the ship before tendering ashore?

Any info about how a vegetarian would handle Princess Cays? Last time I was there it seemed to be mainly hamburgers and hot dogs, and little else. Is there some secret I should know, or should we just plan to eat on the ship before tendering ashore?

They do have salads and plenty of fruit.

They had the veggie burgers there the last time I went to Princess Cays, but they aren't that great IMO. Back before I was vegan, I think I just took a bun and put a bunch of salad toppings on it when cheese and made my own little sandwich out of it. There were also some yummy salads to eat, too. But you could try the veggie burger, maybe you will like it!

• 1 month later...
I am a vegan, and when I asked about the veggie pattie, it has egg as the binding ingredient,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is good to know. I am also vegan, with other food allergies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app