Beds

bajacali

HAL does push the two twins together if you so request. I believe that makes the size a King, not a Queen.

I was wondering if the twins are different widths for Superior Suites vs Nepture Suites as the web site says twin beds convertible to queen. When I look on the shop Holland site the two twin beds measure the same as their king for sale.

Was just in a Neptune Suite on ZDAM and it was two twin beds pushed together to make a king. HAL's beds continue to be our favorite cruise ship beds ... really comfortable and aren't rounded at the bottom outside edge like on some lines.

HAL does push the two twins together if you so request. I believe that makes the size a King, not a Queen.

They make a Queen. These so called twin beds are narrower than a normal twin bed. Two normal twins makes a king. I know for sure. Just got rid of my twin beds for a new Queen.:)

They make a Queen. These so called twin beds are narrower than a normal twin bed. Two normal twins makes a king. I know for sure. Just got rid of my twin beds for a new Queen.:)

According to the National Society of Bed Measurers, a twin is 39"; a Queen is 60"; and a King is 80". For sure, when HAL's two twins are pushed together, their width is more than 60". So maybe the twin on HAL is only 36" wide and when pushed together would make what is called a California King at 72" and maybe who cares?

According to the National Society of Bed Measurers, a twin is 39"; a Queen is 60"; and a King is 80". For sure, when HAL's two twins are pushed together, their width is more than 60". So maybe the twin on HAL is only 36" wide and when pushed together would make what is called a California King at 72" and maybe who cares?

I wish I'd known about the NSBM when I was looking for sheets for our RV.

Trish

I read here some time ago that in the cabins where the beds can be pushed together to make a queen size bed, the twins beds are not a full wide twin size bed.

Thanks for your response. Only reason I am asking is we have a king at home and my husband has a new hip problem and needs more space on the bed than he used to, to be comfortable. The price of a Neptune for a king bed is just too high on next cruise.

Thanks for your response. Only reason I am asking is we have a king at home and my husband has a new hip problem and needs more space on the bed than he used to, to be comfortable. The price of a Neptune for a king bed is just too high on next cruise.

I understand your issue as I, too, need a King Bed. In 11 HAL cruises in cabins ranging from outside to Neptune Suites, I have found the beds to be sufficiently wide whether they are 80", 76", 72" or whatever. My only concern would be a cabin that has a single Queen bed, if there even is such an animal.

I understand your issue as I, too, need a King Bed. In 11 HAL cruises in cabins ranging from outside to Neptune Suites, I have found the beds to be sufficiently wide whether they are 80", 76", 72" or whatever. My only concern would be a cabin that has a single Queen bed, if there even is such an animal.

Hi, the verandas and Signature Suites have twin or queen beds (two twins put together I now understand). I think all of the cabins have an option of either twin or queen/king so I don't think a true queen exists on HAL. Wish the price of the Neptune Suite would drop and I wouldn't have to worry about this issue :)

There is a real Kingsize bed,but created with tow wider twin beds.

The Queensize beds in Signature or other cabins is surely less wide.

Patience is a virtue and last fall we booked a verandah and paid an upgrade later to Neptune. It surely was cheaper than booking a Neptune directly.

Of course if there is space later, but we took the chance :rolleyes:

There is a real Kingsize bed,but created with tow wider twin beds.

The Queensize beds in Signature or other cabins is surely less wide.

Patience is a virtue and last fall we booked a verandah and paid an upgrade later to Neptune. It surely was cheaper than booking a Neptune directly.

Of course if there is space later, but we took the chance :rolleyes:

We have paid for the Neptunes when booking in the past and have never been upgraded or even offered an upsell. Will have to see. If it happens, it would be great; if not, we will be happy with the SY that we booked initially even if we have to manage with a narrower bed.

The two singles in a Neptune Suite are larger than singles in a standard .cabin. I'm not sure if they equal a King, but it is larger than a queen.

We were in an SS on Noordam a couple of weeks ago. While I did not measure the bed it certainly was much wider than the Queen size we have been using for years - the twins were pushed together and seemed King size to us.

Good to hear! Thank you

I wish I'd known about the NSBM when I was looking for sheets for our RV.

Trish

I have found that a size smaller than the bed in an RV for instance, if you have a queen bed, get the knit kind in a regular and it will stretch to fit perfectly!! If a king, buy a queen.