What excursions are a rip off and what ones are worth it?

beccaewert

If you've never been....go to Stingray City. Do a tour, (private/local companies are recommended for a smaller more intimate experience) whether it be from the ship or a tour company. It's a blast. They are usually half day tours so there is time for other things.

We also like to hang out at Sunset House Resort (Oceanside bar, snorkeling, great food) or Paradise Grill (which is near the tender docks) for some relaxing island food and drinks with some awesome views.

We are doing the stingray city on jet skis. Thought that would be more fun/adventurous than the a boat/catamaran tour. Of course it's a bit pricier, but we think it will be worth it (hope so). The good thing is that they usually don't take too many people....so maybe the group of you will be on your own. You can share jet skis. It only takes 2,5 hrs so you will have some time to do other things as well.

Don't go to Hell! :eek:

Seriously, there is so nothing there and you will be totally bored silly.

LuLu

~~~

just curious why your so against Grand Cayman, lol?

what experiences did you have,....trust me I want to learn from others mistakes :)

just curious why your so against Grand Cayman, lol?

what experiences did you have,....trust me I want to learn from others mistakes :)

Gosh, I like Grand Cayman ... never said I didn't. I only said that I didn't like going to Hell which is basically gift shop and a place to mail postcards with a "Hell" postmark. The gift shop sells shirts, etc. saying "I've been to Hell".

Don't waste time going to Hell when there are so many other good things to do in Grand Cayman.

LuLu

~~~~

Gosh, I like Grand Cayman ... never said I didn't. I only said that I didn't like going to Hell which is basically gift shop and a place to mail postcards with a "Hell" postmark. The gift shop sells shirts, etc. saying "I've been to Hell".

Don't waste time going to Hell when there are so many other good things to do in Grand Cayman.

LuLu

~~~~

I agree.."He'll" is just some rock formations you look at and a gift shop...I'm also not a big fan of the rum cake factory...you can buy them anywhere, including on the ship. Both are just way too bus tour touristy..

Edited by sunsetbeachgal