I have some embarrassingly simple questions to ask

Ravenscroft

I've been wondering a few things ahead of our next cruise on Sojourn. Normally I'd search for these but since the function isn't working currently, I'm embarrassed to have to ask instead.

1) How do you access the hot tub forward on deck 6? I've had a look on the deck plan and am assuming that access is from the corridor?

2) Is it possible to order room service, during dinner service hours, from the Colonnade menu?

3) What's happening with lunch time opening hours for the Restaurant these days, and what's the menu like for lunch? I've never seen one on our previous cruises.

4) If I don't have a spa pass, can I access the showers there after using the gym or in that case do I need to return to the suite to shower?

5) Finally :p does anyone have any photos of the outdoor areas at the spa? I'm thinking about buying a spa pass for the duration of the cruise depending on shower access for use after the gym (see 4 above) and what the deck area is like. Is there any shade?

1 - Yes, from the front of the corridor there is a door to the hot-tub and deck out there.

2 - I've never done that, but I'm sure they can accommodate you, I've seen waiters taking food out of the Colonnade on multiple occasions.

3 - Lunch on the Sojourn was typically served from 12:30 - 2. Menu was 1/2 set and 1/2 daily specials. We only ate there a couple of times, but liked it as a change from over eating at the Colonnade or Patio Grill :) Plus it was never crowded when we were there.

4 - You can use the showers and steam room in the rest rooms, which are on the other side of the reception desk from the gym.

5 - Sorry I don't.

1 - Yes, from the front of the corridor there is a door to the hot-tub and deck out there.

2 - I've never done that, but I'm sure they can accommodate you, I've seen waiters taking food out of the Colonnade on multiple occasions.

3 - Lunch on the Sojourn was typically served from 12:30 - 2. Menu was 1/2 set and 1/2 daily specials. We only ate there a couple of times, but liked it as a change from over eating at the Colonnade or Patio Grill :) Plus it was never crowded when we were there.

4 - You can use the showers and steam room in the rest rooms, which are on the other side of the reception desk from the gym.

5 - Sorry I don't.

Thank you! I sounded like a complete SB newbie writing those questions,:o so thank you for your reply.

Edited by Ravenscroft

Please note that the other OP said that there is a steam room, there is none on Sojourn only the one where you pay, both Sojourn and Quest have saunas in the changing rooms, FOC. Odyssey has a steam and sauna in the changing rooms for ladies and gents.

Yes you can use the showers in there.

Edited by LEESRE

Please note that the other OP said that there is a steam room, there is none on Sojourn only the one where you pay, both Sojourn and Quest have saunas in the changing rooms, FOC. Odyssey has a steam and sauna in the changing rooms for ladies and gents.

Yes you can use the showers in there.

Thanks for pointing this out. This highlights what I believe is the only difference between the Odyssey class ships, that the spa area on Odyssey is quite different to Seabourn and Quest.

Good to know there are showers available outside of the payable spa area.

You cannot get room service from the Colonnade or the Patio grill

only MDR during meal service times and the normal room service menu

:( but thank you. I was asked this question by 'Anne' our travelling youngster who will be a Seabourn first timer and I had a feeling it was MDR only but did want to check.

By the way, we still haven't decided yet which one of us is 'Timmy' ;)

Unless things have changed, the Restaurant may be closed for lunch on port days during warm weather cruises.

If you receive a treatment at the spa, you can ask for a key card to access the spa pool/steam/relaxation areas the day of your treatment. We were glad to have the "preview" because we did not find it to be worth the usage fee on its own; but, if you want a "spa" area that is rarely utilized, you may feel differently. We prefer the small pool area behind the Club on deck 5 - a good mix of sun and shade with a more open feel.

:( but thank you. I was asked this question by 'Anne' our travelling youngster who will be a Seabourn first timer and I had a feeling it was MDR only but did want to check.

By the way, we still haven't decided yet which one of us is 'Timmy' ;)

I have an excellent idea.

Seeing as you have Annie the travelling youngster with you i suggest that you just send her to get food from the Colonnade and Patio Grill when you want room service.

What a good way for a youngster to learn the ropes of life and how to make it easier for oneself.:)

30 mins, preferably 1 hour. Too embarrassed being massage in full view in front of the other passengers. I once saw them giving a free message to a gentleman on that little space near the staircase outside restaurant 2 on the Odyssey!