Pier to the Cove?

welove2cruise232

It depends on where the Port Authority parks the ship . . .

Last time I noticed Break' in port I believe they were at the north terminals .... where Carnival usually operates. In this picture .. right where the Port Canaveral label sits.

portcanaveralterminals_zps830d7583.jpg

From here to the Cove area (where rest' locations are in this picture)

portcanav.jpg

is NOT pedestrian friendly IMO. Busy road, sidewalks only part of the way (especially NOT over the bridge) and chain link fence preventing short cuts ... if parked in the west / north basin take a taxi. It should not cost much.

referring to the first picture again .... some visiting ships park at the old SOUTH TERMINAL .. GRANDURE OTS usually parks here. Walking to 'the Cove' is possible altho you do have to transit a very industrial area which will soon become a construction zone since the port's newly approved terminal will be between the old south terminal and the Cove restaurants. (if you have a big monitor or look close or use another viewer you'll see the public boat ramps just east of Grills ... these are history ....)

Check the port webcam on some visiting days and see where they park the ship . . . that's the best I can tell ya.

Oh I see you leave in a couple of days .... well you have maps ... you'll just need to see where they put you.

Enjoy! (I prefer Grills btw ..... was just there Sunday)

P.S. since the Port has opened the new TOWER (IMO aka the great boondoggle) it is POSSIBLE there is a port run shuttle to there ... and it is in the Cove . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Greetings

Only Cove restaurant I know of in that general area is in Satellite Beach which is south of Cocoa Beach and many miles from the port.

Good Sailing

Tom

there IS a rest' with the name "Cove" in the Coco area (it closed a while back ... has it re-opened????)

not to be cornfused with the port's efforts to advertise/develop an area called 'the cove'

http://www.portcanaveral.com/covemarketplace/

Edited by Capt_BJ

there IS a rest' with the name "Cove" in the Coco area (it closed a while back ... has it re-opened????)

not to be cornfused with the port's efforts to advertise/develop an area called 'the cove'

http://www.portcanaveral.com/covemarketplace/

Greetings

Sorry Capt, didn't realize that they were trying to "brand" that area of the port as "The Cove".

The Cove restaurant has been a fixture for many, many years. Don't know if they finally had to shut the doors. Many of the old places in Brevard are now gone, it may just be another on that long list.

Good Sailing

Tom

If you are referring to the restaurants along the channel...you are gonna want to take a taxi. Fishlips, Grills, and Rustys are all options over there but it is definitely too far to walk plus there will be traffic to contend with.

The new Exploration Tower is also over in that area as well now