Ft. Lauderdale- Embassy Suites vs. Hyatt Place

Ladymom30

Hyatt Pl NORTH? If so, both are in comparable locations. (close by)

ES is more "up scale". Prices are higher there too at all times of year. A drink hour is offered in rate of ES. Breakfasts included at both. Basically same distance to port.

Depends what you want to know. Check them out on tripadvisor.com for recent reviews and pictures. If price was the same, I'd go ES. If ES was much $ higher, we'd be happy enough with HP for a one nighter. BUT....we prefer beach hotels over ANY on the 17th St stretch.

Edited by eandj

Price them both out with Last Minute Travel Club..I too would opt for the ES if prices were close...We have stayed at the ES twice and love it and the ammenities....Also try Duffy's which is right behind ES in the Publix shopping center...great food.

We like ES, never stayed at the Hyatt so I can't give you a comparison. There is plenty of shopping & restaurants around ES, the rooms are very nice. Complimentary drinks during manager's reception at night, comprehensive breakfast buffet including a made to order counter (DH LOVES this feature). Nice big pool which I like. We usually book through our cruise line so the transfers are included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have stayed at both, really disliked the Hyatt in comparison. First room smelt moldy, went to second room, didn't smell "as" moldy but they sprayed it down rather decent so it helped hide the "moldy" scent.

Breakfast was very minuscule and the pool left alot to be desired.

Best thing about the place is easily the location, but the Embassy beats it on all fronts and is in the same location.

Easy choice, Embassy Suites all the way. Don't think I'd spend $100 extra a night for the ES, but I'd spend $50.

Edited by kdawg954

I have recently stayed at both. The Hyatt is much cleaner and the staff is much nicer. The Hyatt is also cheaper. The shuttle from the Hyatt is not crazy like the ES shuttle. They reserve times and they show up at those times, they also don't cram 20 extra screaming people onto the shuttle because they can. The ES has a nicer pool that's about it.

I have recently stayed at both. The Hyatt is much cleaner and the staff is much nicer. The Hyatt is also cheaper. The shuttle from the Hyatt is not crazy like the ES shuttle. They reserve times and they show up at those times, they also don't cram 20 extra screaming people onto the shuttle because they can. The ES has a nicer pool that's about it.

"Cram 20 extra screaming people onto the shuttle because they can."

Slight exaggeration maybe?

Yes--they have alot of people taking shuttles--primarily because they have alot of cruisers staying there.

Yea I mean I wouldn't take the shuttle anyway, but I understand some people book it as part as the package rate. Port is so close, taxi is truly the best option.

Not only the pool . . . but the breakfast is wayyy better at ES, plus the included 2 hour happy hour. Rooms are a bit more "modern" at the Hyatt but I hated the mold smell and the attempted coverup that I experienced.

I would stay at the Hyatt again, but the Embassy Suites would definitely be my first option over it. Truth is, you can't beat the location at either place when it comes to a pre night Port Everglades cruise stay. Having Harbour shops in your backyard makes this the ideal spot.

Edited by kdawg954

We have stayed at Embassy 3 times and have it booked again for our up-coming Cruise in September. I really like the ES, it is a beautiful Hotel, and we have used the Shuttle to the Port with no problem-you get a time to choose from. We have also just called a Cab to the Port. Both worked fine. I really like the Breakfast at the Embassy and the Happy Hour in the evening. The pool is gorgeous. Enjoy your stay, whichever you choose!:)

We have stayed at Embassy 3 times and have it booked again for our up-coming Cruise in September. I really like the ES, it is a beautiful Hotel, and we have used the Shuttle to the Port with no problem-you get a time to choose from. We have also just called a Cab to the Port. Both worked fine. I really like the Breakfast at the Embassy and the Happy Hour in the evening. The pool is gorgeous. Enjoy your stay, whichever you choose!:)

We enjoy the Embassy suites too. A few years ago we stayed at the Hyatt. I will never stay there again. Another time we tried the Embassy and have it booked again for the spring before our cruise. We also did not have any problems with their shuttle.

We are going for the Hyatt this time. This is my first trip to Fort Lauderdale. I couldn't beat the $99 on valuetrips.com for the Hyatt Place compared to $239 for Embassy--in April!

Yea at that price difference, I would have no question taken the Hyatt as well. Like I said before, the best thing about both of these hotels is the location. That $139 saved can get you a nice dinner, wine, snacks, etc. and you'll still have money left from the savings.

From where/they are metered. Yes, we have stayed at the Hilton marina

From FLL. Our friends are flying 2 days before our cruise and we are arriving the day before. We are looking for a good hotel that is close enough to the beach for our friends.

From FLL. Our friends are flying 2 days before our cruise and we are arriving the day before. We are looking for a good hotel that is close enough to the beach for our friends.

I would say 12 to 13 $'s depending on traffic. The Bahia Marr is close to the port and right on the beach. ES is not on the beach and not close enough to walk.