Ft. Lauderdale- Embassy Suites vs. Hyatt Place

Ladymom30

We have stayed at both properties and like them both. Hyatt was extremely clean and no moldy smell in our room, I might add. However, I didn't care Fi the breakfast at all. Not a deal breaker though, and the employees were really nice there and it was not frenetic like the ES

We stayed at the Hyatt in October and found it to be really nice. Best part was the service. There is a free shuttle from the airport and when that shuttle isn't going back and forth, they will take you to area restaurants and pick you up with a call. No charge, but we did tip the friendly drivers.

Hyatt has an airport shuttle (but there are 3 Hyatts in town so get on the right one). Embassy doesn't but maybe $15 cab ride. Breakfast at Hyatt was as good as Embassy. No hot tub at Hyatt. Pier shuttle is $8 unless you booked a cruise transfer with the room. Both hotels are adjacent to the Harbor Shops, with lots of restaurants, Publix with large wine department, and a major liquor store. The Trolley picks up in front of the Publix and goes all along the beach for something like $2. On-demand system elsewhere - just wave it down on 17th or along the beach.

Hilton Marina has great rooms and great pool area, and the best access to the water taxi if you want that. Closer to the pier (pier 2, at least), and you can still flag down the trolley if you walk 1/2 block west. Food more expensive there, though and not quite as convenient to stores.

We were going back to Hyatt next month, but for some reason Embassy is way cheaper. Both are fine for us.

I have stayed at both. I would give Embassy a B and Hyatt a B+.

Embassy has a better pool and more comprehensive breakfast. Hyatt has a more updated room and better bathroom. Hyatt has really friendly front desk staff and shuttle drivers have always been super nice. Either place is a really good choice for pre-cruise.

If you want to get a taxi to the port from the Embassy do you have to call for a taxi or are they out front?

There might be a taxi out front, but you cannot depend on this. We simply asked the front desk to call us a taxi, and one was at the door within 2 minutes.

Hank