Price drop after final payment - got upgrade!

schwaja3

Paid for an oceanview with an upgrade to balcony for the GEM on April 23 10 day cruise. After final payment the prices started to drop. It got to where an aft balcony was $100 more than I paid. So, I called up, and my PCC told me she would check with a supervisor.

3 days later I have aft balcony 10668! And I didn't have to pay anything! I am stoked!!!

Remember, if the prices drop after final payment, ask for something. OBC, upgrades. You can't get anything if you don't ask for it!

Jack

Paid for an oceanview with an upgrade to balcony for the GEM on April 23 10 day cruise. After final payment the prices started to drop. It got to where an aft balcony was $100 more than I paid. So, I called up, and my PCC told me she would check with a supervisor.

3 days later I have aft balcony 10668! And I didn't have to pay anything! I am stoked!!!

Remember, if the prices drop after final payment, ask for something. OBC, upgrades. You can't get anything if you don't ask for it!

Jack

We also got upgrade after price dropped! From balcony to aft mini suite! Made that call yesterday after reading this thread! Thanks for the heads up :)

We also upgraded ourselves from a BB balcony to a B9 spa balcony after final payment. We had to pay $180 for all 3 of us great deal because we planned on paying $200 each for the spa so saved $420. 23 days to go till we cruise on the Breakaway woohoo

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are still before the final payemnt and our price recently dropped by $100 per person. Thge OBC dropped form $100 to just $30 but that still is a net gain. before I ask for the lower price I am going to wait to see if it gets better... I don't want to keep calling back asking for more and more.

We are still before the final payemnt and our price recently dropped by $100 per person. Thge OBC dropped form $100 to just $30 but that still is a net gain. before I ask for the lower price I am going to wait to see if it gets better... I don't want to keep calling back asking for more and more.

Don't wait! It may go back up & you'll miss out on the opportunity.

Don't wait! It may go back up & you'll miss out on the opportunity.

Won't it look like I am being greedy if I call every time the price changes a little bit in my favor? The prices/offers already changed twice since I first booked. 1st time they added he balcony upgrade AND prices dropped. I had originally paid for a balcony and they switched me to the outside->balcony upgrade AND gave me the reduced outside price which was $90 less than the original outside price. 2nd time they increased the OBC from $30 to $100 and they gave me the increase. Final payment is not until June. How many times can I go back to the well asking for more without pushing it?

Does anyone know if they will offer the kids sail free on already booked cruises as long as I have not reached the final payment date?

As long as you are before final payment date they will allow it. There is no problem asking for changes any time they come up as long as its before final payment date.

I'm on hold now (going on 90 + minutes....) waiting to see if I can move from a midship balcony to an aft balcony since the total for the 3 of us is $900 less than what we paid... first time I called in, waited on hold for 30 min before the hold music stopped and I heard a couple of people talking. I sat there for about 30 seconds to see if they would notice I was on the line... then said Um Hello? I heard someone say "oh crap" and then the line went dead.... so I called back again. after waiting for 45 min this time to talk to someone, I asked her if we could switch our cabin to an aft balcony, she took all of my info, including the room we wanted to switch to, put me on hold, and next thing I know, I'm back in the "queue" waiting on "the next available agent"!!! ughhhh I hope it's worth it, but since I'm past final payment, I'm not going to hold my breath!

I'm on hold now (going on 90 + minutes....) waiting to see if I can move from a midship balcony to an aft balcony since the total for the 3 of us is $900 less than what we paid... first time I called in, waited on hold for 30 min before the hold music stopped and I heard a couple of people talking. I sat there for about 30 seconds to see if they would notice I was on the line... then said Um Hello? I heard someone say "oh crap" and then the line went dead.... so I called back again. after waiting for 45 min this time to talk to someone, I asked her if we could switch our cabin to an aft balcony, she took all of my info, including the room we wanted to switch to, put me on hold, and next thing I know, I'm back in the "queue" waiting on "the next available agent"!!! ughhhh I hope it's worth it, but since I'm past final payment, I'm not going to hold my breath!

Please let us know how it ended up!

Jack

Sweet!!!

Who are you calling? Do you have a P.C.C. ?

A good P.C.C. help's a lot .

Called a PCC and got the following...

1) Lower fare (about $100 lower than any I was able to find anywhere).

2) Kids sail free for the 3rd person.

3) UDP add on for first two people.

Saved close to $1,000!

You see? Never be afraid you are being greedy.... Way to go! :D

Who are you calling? Do you have a P.C.C. ?

A good P.C.C. help's a lot .

Well after spending a total of 2 hours on the phone, and having to explain the price difference about 5 times due to a bit of a language barrier, we got the aft balcony cabin!

Unfortunately I didn't know anything about the PCC until well after we booked and right before final payment. Honestly I kind of "stumbled" upon this website about 2 weeks after booking through the website, and I am soooo glad I did! I've added OBC twice before final payment and now got to upgrade to the cabin I wanted! Thanks Cruise Critic, and like I have seen so many times before on here, don't be afraid to ask, the worst they can say is no...

Oh, it also helps to keep a "smile in your voice" when talking (I used to work in a call center), you definitely stand a better chance of getting what you're asking for, if you're nice, and accept they might not be able to give you what you want.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

After reading the first couple of post on this thread, I decided to try my luck on an upgrade.

Leaving 4/17/2014 on the SUN, having booked a BA mid-ship balcony. I noticed a huge price drop and thought, what the heck, let's see if I could get an upgrade.

I contacted my TA, and she reported back that NCL would offer an upgrade to a B1 Aft Balcony at no additional cost.

Now booked in 10266.

Yea

After reading the first couple of post on this thread, I decided to try my luck on an upgrade.

Leaving 4/17/2014 on the SUN, having booked a BA mid-ship balcony. I noticed a huge price drop and thought, what the heck, let's see if I could get an upgrade.

I contacted my TA, and she reported back that NCL would offer an upgrade to a B1 Aft Balcony at no additional cost.

Now booked in 10266.

Yea

Nice!!

To reduce on hold wait times...

You got assigned a PPC - personal cruise consultant the very first time you booked [this cruise or any prior NCL cruise], and given their extension, email. You also get their personal cards by mail. Then, anytime you need to contact NCL, just call main number and dial your PPC's extension. I usually call and leave a message and get a call back. Or sometimes I just drop an email and ask to call me back.

Edit: I see somebody already mentioned it AND you got an upgrade, congrats!

Edit2: my upgrade story. one time, it was after Sandy 2012, prices dropped drastically [many could not go from our NYC tri-state area after homes were destroyed]. I lost power for 8 days in my hi-rise, but otherwise OK, just lots of stairs to climb, all power to main building was out. Cruise was in December 2012 and we had a balcony. Because of price drops and our decision to still go on vacation, we got an upgrade to a suite! A two-bedroom, two-bath family suite on Gem for 9 days - for just 2 people - it was an amazing cruise. The suite was to die for - a living room, a second smaller bedroom, a small bathroom, a huge master bedroom and a deluxe bathroom a size of a whole room with floor to ceiling windows.

Edited by RareBird