5 pax per cabin?

MaiTaiMary

Do any of the Carnival cabins fit 5 people? We're looking for a cruise for my husband, myself, and our 3 kids. Do we need to book 2 separate cabins?

thanks. :)

Many do; Dream, Magic and Breeze all have family ocean view cabins that sleep five. Ships prior to year 2000 (I think that's the date) all have five berth cabins. In most cases on older ships the 5th berth is a fold away or slide away cot.

Be sure and check pricing; sometimes it's cheaper to book two in a balcony and three in an inside for less than five in a room. ;)

Edited by PaulMedik
schpelling corextion

What are the ages of your children? There are family cabins that will fit 5, but if you have older children I would seriously consider getting two cabins, either adjoining or across the hall from one another. The price difference is typically negligible, sometimes two can even be cheaper than one cabin, plus you have the added benefit of having double the storage and bathrooms.

We've done adjoining and side by side OV cabins with our girls. This cruise the two teens will be in an inside directly across the hall from the deluxe family OV we'll have with our 6 year old.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Went on the Dream in May and got the Deluxe ocean view room that slept 5 ( 5 adults I may add, it was a lot cheaper this way rather save money on the room an have more to spend on other things) I never really felt super cramped in the room either but that's IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kmarie10531

We put 5 of us in a balcony cabin on Carnival Victory - twice. DH and I had the king bed, oldest son had the sofa bed, middle son had the upper, and youngest had the rollaway. Having the balcony helped a lot - before dinner, two would get ready and then go out on the balcony while the others got ready. We really never felt cramped, and we never used all the closet space.

The 8 Fantasy class ships, Sunshine, Victory, & Triumph can use a trundle or rollaway bed for a 5th person in their 4-person rooms. Those are the older ships, built in 2000 or before. And of course the 5-person deluxe OV rooms on Dream, Magic, & Breeze that have been discussed here. There are also the expensive Captains Suites, which I believe sleep 5, that are on the Liberty, Conquest, Glory, Valor, & Sunshine. Those do not use a trundle or rollaway.

A friend of mine did her, her husband and 3 kids (all 3 were teens at the time) in an interior on the Imagination before it left Miami.

Their room steward from the Philippines asked if he could take a picture to send back to his family.

She said it wasn't bad, but when you got up in the middle of the night you had to kind of think before you went anywhere or else you stepped on someone.

Also she booked it about 30 days prior to the cruise, and the price was exceptional. :)

Edited by debee1015

We did 5 in a regular oceanview on the triumph in dec 2012. Hubby and me, our 3 kids (12, 8, 2). We had two upper Pullman beds and the 2 twin beds pushed together as a king. Youngest DS slept in the bed with us.

We had 2 connecting deluxe oceanviews on our Feb 2014 magic cruise. Having the extra bathroom was awesome.

Back in 2011 we did connecting balcony cabins with 2 adults and me and my two cousins. It worked GREAT, but you might have to watch the rooms because ours met the equivalence of hell by the end of the cruise. If they're responsible enough and you have the money to spend, I highly advise two cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've always done 5 in a room, as mine are not old enough to be in their own, and I can never book early enough to snag those adjoining ones... If it was anyone but your babies I would NEVER recommend it. But being that it is, you'll be completely fine..

I just did a review on the Victory (link in signature) that you can see pics of 5 in a cabin. Good luck either way;)

Went on the Dream in May and got the Deluxe ocean view room that slept 5 ( 5 adults I may add, it was a lot cheaper this way rather save money on the room an have more to spend on other things) I never really felt super cramped in the room either but that's IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done this before with 2 adults and 3 kids and it was not bad at all. Nice having the 2 bathrooms as well;)

You did not state the ages of your children....so this may be a factor....BUT...5 people...ONE bathroom. No way. :eek:

There were six Brady kids and they survived :D. But I never did see a toilet!

What are the ages of your children? There are family cabins that will fit 5, but if you have older children I would seriously consider getting two cabins, either adjoining or across the hall from one another. The price difference is typically negligible, sometimes two can even be cheaper than one cabin, plus you have the added benefit of having double the storage and bathrooms.

We've done adjoining and side by side OV cabins with our girls. This cruise the two teens will be in an inside directly across the hall from the deluxe family OV we'll have with our 6 year old.

We will be on the Dream in December and it was cheaper to do 3 rooms (2 per room) for the six of us than the 2 rooms (2 and 4 per room) that we usually do. Our kids are all late teens so we're fine with this, and of course, they are, lol! If your kids are young, check on adjoining rooms. 5 to a cabin would be rough unless it's a suite. Have a great cruise!

If you have been camping for a week with five or more people in a single tent and survived then you will find 5 in a stateroom to be a breeze:D.

We regularly camp with 5-6 in a tent, but I still opt for two cabins when cruising. We don't share a bathroom in the tent ;)

Adjoining balconies are the way to go IMO. Have divider between the two balconies opened (room steward does) and you not only have a larger shared balcony with the kids but easy access to the extra bathroom. I find it easier to get back and fourth between the cabins via the balcony.

Less going out into the hall where the stewards are trying to work and doors opening and closing in excess that may disturb other pax:D