Hopefully "Live" Noordam 28 Feb - 10 Mar

Mtn2Sea

We then went to the other side of the island where salt is harvested.

DSC_0833_zpsdd1d46d7.jpg

We were told it takes 5 days to load the ship with salt, which then goes to the U.S. to be used on the roads during wintertime.

DSC_0835_zps7f57d625.jpg

Our last stop was to look at examples of slave houses. Amazingly, five to six people slept in these very small houses.

DSC_0821_zpsa31860aa.jpg

We got back to the ship a little after 4:00. The all aboard today is listed as 4:30.

We have open seating and, except for one night, we’ve gotten good tables. For three nights, including tonight, we have been taken to the upper section, which is used for fixed dining, and given a table that isn’t been used for that night. We normally go to the MDR around 6:00 and have been able to get a table for two each night. Here’s the menu we had tonight.

MenuWednesday20140304_20140664_0001_zpscc20afb6.jpg

I had the lamb and the no sugar added chocolate delight. They were both very good.

DSC_0842_zpsf5aedba1.jpg

DSC_0845_zps84f6a325.jpg

After dinner we went to the Vista Lounge and saw Benji Hill’s “Comedy and Other Dangerous Things.” We had seen him in December on the Ryndam and, although a lot of his comedy/juggling act was the same, he had a significant amount of new material. We thoroughly enjoyed the show. We’re making it an early evening since we have an early excursion tomorrow. Until later.

When were in Curacao in December, we walked off the ship and got a short bus trip around the eastern end of the island. For this trip, we booked the Country Drive tour through HAL for this morning. This time we went to the western end of the island. We made a total of three stops. One was to watch waves pound against the rocky shoreline. The next was a former plantation house that has been turned into a museum showing the life in slaves on a plantation. Our guide at the museum was somewhat hard to understand. Our third stop was a nice little beach on the southwestern end of Curacao. We stopped, but did not get off the bus to observe some flamingos at a distance. When we arrived back at the ship shortly after noon, we stopped by the cabin for a couple of minutes and then walked into town, crossing the floating bridge. We were fortunate to find a table next to the water at the Iguana Café.

DSC_0861_zps7c090a69.jpg

This is our view of the water

DSC_0870_zps57dbd3f0.jpg

Panorama1_zps6aff13a3.jpg

DW had grilled pork chops and I had chicken in a creamy mustard sauce.

DSC_0859_zps7d49b847.jpg

DSC_0856_zps27bd8406.jpg

After enjoying the meal and people watching, we then walked around. We found the market area that sells fresh fruits and vegetables.

Market_zps93834e36.jpg

We then took a leisurely walk back to the ship. I stopped at the stalls right off the pier, where I bought two bottles of Curacao chocolate liqueur. The bottle I bought back in December is over half gone, so I replenished my supply.

Until later.

After returning to the ship, we went straight to the Lido for ice cream. I had rum raisin, which was very good.

DSC_0898_zps2d733620.jpg

I forgot to mention that Code Orange was lifted this morning. Never talked to anyone who had any kind of problem, which is a good thing! Here’s today’s activities.

Untitled_Panorama1_zpsf004bdc4.jpg

Tonight’s menu.

MenuThursday_zpsa5d45d60.jpg

I had the cheese tart as an appetizer and the lamb chops. The chocolate cake was good, but pretty small.

DSC_0903_zpse8731779.jpg

DSC_0908_zps44ffcdef.jpg

DW had the BBQ chicken salad.

DSC_0906_zpsa093fc7a.jpg

Edited by Mtn2Sea

I'm so completely enjoying your recaps each day. Thanks for taking us along. Your pictures are gorgeous!! Bonaire report and pictures brings back fun memories of our day there!!

Thank you for the great bridge photos. We watched the lights from our balcony, now I wish we had ventured out again to see them up close. We also had a table by the water at the Iguana Café and enjoyed a refreshment while people (bridge opening) watch.

Thank you for the great bridge photos. We watched the lights from our balcony, now I wish we had ventured out again to see them up close. We also had a table by the water at the Iguana Café and enjoyed a refreshment while people (bridge opening) watch.

It was fun watching the bridge opening while people were still on it and the boats go by.

DSC_0865_zpsa54736bf.jpg

I'm enjoying this thread a LOT. We didn't know what we were going to do next winter, but now this itinerary and this ship are strong contenders :D

Thanks for the daily schedules and menus!

After a leisurely lunch in the MDR, which was not very busy, we walked to town. We were in Aruba this past December, so we decided to spend some quiet time on the ship, with just a little shore activity. We picked up a couple of small items that didn't break the bank. Here's a few photos from around town.

DSC_0984_zps2a0552a0.jpg

DSC_0989_zpsf10aad97.jpg

DSC_0990_zpsb9015855.jpg

DSC_0991_zps7f88240d.jpg

DSC_0988_zpsb614fe53.jpg

Until later.

Hey Mtn2Sea, are you doing the B2B? If so, a group of us are meeting up in the Crow's Nest next Tuesday at 11 AM. You have done one of the best (if not THE best) reviews I have seen on CC!! Thanks!

Hey Mtn2Sea, are you doing the B2B? If so, a group of us are meeting up in the Crow's Nest next Tuesday at 11 AM. You have done one of the best (if not THE best) reviews I have seen on CC!! Thanks!

Unfortunately, no.:( We've had several doctor appointments over the last two months and when we saw a two week period of no appointments, we called and booked our cruise with 8 days to get ready. We have dental and doctor appointments next week. Have a great time during the next cruise!!!!:)

At dinner tonight, we both got the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Breast. Tonight’s photo of the entrée is the gluten free version; it actually made a nicer presentation because the chicken appeared to have been nicely browned. The normal version is very pale in comparison. When DW asked if a chocolate dessert was gluten free, the dining steward said he would check, but he also got a back-up order. The steward brought pineapple sorbet (the back-up) and my mixed berry mousse dessert. A few moments later, he brought the chocolate dessert that DW had wanted and gave it to me! At this point in the cruise, I certainly don’t need extra desserts. Of course, that didn’t stop me from enjoying both!

DSC_1038_zps1df5a2b8.jpg

DessertA_zps9285e37f.jpg

After dinner, we went to the Vista Lounge to see Count Dimas. His show is called “It’s More Than Just a Piano Show!” He started the show playing classical type music on the piano. He then performed using a wooden flute. He got the most applause when he came out wearing a one piece outfit covered with rubber balls that are connected to whistles of various pitch and played a couple of songs by doing some gymnastic type moves in order to play the whistles.

DSC_1053_zps50c68f84.jpg

DSC_1057_zps1e06564a.jpg

Tomorrow is a sea day, so I'll try to post some ship photos. Until later.