Dining Times

Breakfast varies in La Veranda (depending upon how early some excursions are). I've seen it open as early as 6:30 a.m. and as late as 7:30 a.m. If there are a lot of excursions, it gets busy. Compass Rose opens at 8:00 a.m. and is rarely busy. Service is a little slower and more relaxed.

Lunch in La Veranda begins at noon (but again, can open at 11:30 to accommodate excursions). Compass Rose is also at noon and serves similar items to what is served in La Veranda (only not buffet style). Again, a relaxing dining venue.

In the evening, all restaurants open at 6:30 p.m.. La Veranda becomes Sette Mari - an Italian restaurant and can be very crowded. Suggest going early. Reservations for Signatures and Prime 7 begin at 6:30 p.m. Since it is reservations only, it does not really get crowded. They do not fill the restaurants all at once - they stagger the reservations. Compass Rose will get busy at some point in the evening and the service slows down. 6:30 p.m. is the time when the service is the fastest, you get a table in the area you wish and it is less noisy.

We have been below the pool deck and did hear scraping of chairs early in the morning and sometimes during the day (on port days, the pool is fairly quiet while on sea days -- if weather permitting -- it is crowded). Actually, even if it is cool, some people go out in coats and cover themselves in blankets just to get the sun on their face. I have heard that suites under La Veranda (which is on the pool deck) do hear noise from above. After sailing once under the pool deck, we have opted not to repeat the experience.

Edited by Travelcat2

We thought that being under La Veranda wouldn't matter, because there's carpet, yes? Except there's the "runway" along which the trolleys are rolled as breakfast is set up each morning and that rumble is better than any alarm clock.

Ask me how I know....;-)

I had a cabin under the pool (Mariner deck 10) and the ship encountered semi-rough seas at 2AM. They did not empty the pool and the water not only sloshed back and forth, but the waves in the pool hit the sides with a very loud "thud" (and was sending the water 6-10 feet into the air). This kept up all night until they emptied the pool at 6AM. It was a sleepless night.

I have never booked a cabin under the pool again.

I agree on the NAV: Not under the pool deck. The crew sets up chairs at 6 am and it is noisy. Veranda also, with the trollies if you are near the back, not so much if you are under prime 7. Also avoid anyone that is about the Theater, the production show can be heard in those cabins. And avoid 855 and 526, both are near a loud outside ventilators.

j

31/425