Preferred boarding, really?

ottmar

This will be our second cruise on NCL and as I read the Latitudes perks it states that there will be preferred boarding for us. If that is true just after one previous cruise with NCL I am surprised, since there must be hordes of folks for that.

We are on the GEM out of NYC March 17.

...Ott

This will be our second cruise on NCL and as I read the Latitudes perks it states that there will be preferred boarding for us. If that is true just after one previous cruise with NCL I am surprised, since there must be hordes of folks for that.

We are on the GEM out of NYC March 17.

...Ott

Did you have an owners suite or similar last cruise?

That gets you up the ladder quicker.

You don't have "preferred boarding", you'll have "priority check-in" which only means that there is a separate queue for Latitudes members in the terminal for the check-in. Since many others are also Latitudes members, it really isn't a perk and if the regular line is shorter, you can use that just as well.

After the check-in you will wait just like other non-suite, non-VIP passengers (only suite passengers and VIPs do get priority boarding) and get onboard normally.

This will be our second cruise on NCL and as I read the Latitudes perks it states that there will be preferred boarding for us. If that is true just after one previous cruise with NCL I am surprised, since there must be hordes of folks for that. We are on the GEM out of NYC March 17. ...Ott

You are right that there are hordes of people for the Latitudes boarding lines.

Often the non-Latitudes lines are much shorter so we use one of those instead.

You just self identify as a Latitudes member and they will direct you to that line for check-in. If you're in a suite/villa there's yet another priority check in line, but again, you have to self identify before they herd you along to the wrong line.

Tip: have your e-docs and passports ready in hand along with method of payment for on board account, smile for the camera (security, not souvenir), and you'll be checked in in 60 seconds or less when your turn comes.

Regardless of priority check in line, everyone gets funneled through the same security line for carry-on x-ray and a walk through the metal detector. They will expedite guests with disabilities.

Tip: this isn't an airport. Don't have to undress and remove shoes. They are mainly looking for guns/knives/contraband.

So how will they know that I am a latitude member?

As long as you gave your Latitude number when you booked, it'll be listed on your e-docs.

Edited by peg013

At the port of Miami there is Gold latitudes line, Silver, Bronze, and regular. When we were silver we got in line thinking it meant something but quickly jumped to the regular line because it was so much shorter. Like everything in Miami.... lots of scammers and no one verifies anything so the latitudes line is NOT ALWAYS the quickest line. Just FYI

What is nice with latitudes is priority tendering when you are Gold.

Edited by david_sobe