Inside cabin on Reflection

mamakinrocks

Hello! We have had two failed attempts in getting to New Orleans, due to our unfortunate east coast weather. We are looking at a $499 week-long cruise of Reflection, as a substitute trip. Perhaps we will have better luck with a different destination : ) We have never done an inside cabin, but are just looking for " the deal" at this point. Any insight as to the experience of this lower category? Is there a closed-in, claustrophobic feel? Thanks for any advice!

Hello! We have had two failed attempts in getting to New Orleans, due to our unfortunate east coast weather. We are looking at a $499 week-long cruise of Reflection, as a substitute trip. Perhaps we will have better luck with a different destination : ) We have never done an inside cabin, but are just looking for " the deal" at this point. Any insight as to the experience of this lower category? Is there a closed-in, claustrophobic feel? Thanks for any advice!

It's a very personal thing. Many people feel they are not in their cabin enough for it to matter, and they sleep very well in an inside cabin due to the dark room.

I look at it as " at least we are on board, let's go!"

A standard Inside Cabin is the same configuration as a balcony cabin - just no blacony.

In my signature you see links to my detailed review of the Solstice class ships - see photos of inside cabins. They are good. cabins are standard on all Solstice class ships (there may be minor differences in equipment).

Happy cruising.

Hi, I have booked inside cabins before with no issues. Others will tell you

they have to have at least a window, while other folks will never sail

without a balcony. So it really does depend on you.

I sailed Reflection back in Dec 2012 and had an inside cabin on deck 3,

right near the Passport Bar. I slept well and should I book an inside

again, I would book this same location.:)

500.00 per person? Sounds great to me:D

Edited by Lois R

I've had an inside on the Eclipse (same kind of inside as reflection) it was great! It was last minute and a balcony was $1500 more! Before I booked it I always took a balcony and while I love them I do now look at the inside price first :)

Infact my next two cruises are in insides both amazing bargains! :)

There were two of us in an inside cabin on this past April's carribean. We were RARELY in our room and didn't have any issue with not having a window. Our home in San Francisco has huge windows and loads of light so I love natural lighting, but it was not an issue at all. If you feel you have to have some light during they day while you are in there, simply turn the tv onto the channel with the camera from the bridge. LOL

You really are not in your room much on a carribean cruise. I would totally recommend it and you will love the ship. While you will read a lot about aqua class, balcony etc. NO ONE knows what room you are in. With that being said, we are on a 16 night transatlantic and we did go with an aqua class but with that many days, I am sure I will be in my room more and appreciate the balcony. Note that trip is way more expensive than the Carribean. I would not hesitate to book this trip if I were you.

I really appreciate all of the thoughtful feedback and advice! It sure seems to be a great deal. Thank you all!

Hope you have a great time.:) Which cruise are you taking?