Smoking on Private Shore Excursions

wanderingoz

Opinions wanted!

I am looking for extra people to join some shore excursions I have organised for some upcoming European ports. Is it reasonable to insist on only Non-smokers joining my group?

Cheers

WOz

Yes, that's reasonable. Some people can be very negatively impacted by smoking, due to health reasons. Some people just hate the smell of it in their clothing. It's your excursion, so be upfront about what you want. Don't allow people to join and then spring it on them.

You could also consider allowing smokers to join, but telling them it's a smoke free environment on the excursions. So if they want to come, no smoking allowed.

Have fun.

Opinions wanted!

I am looking for extra people to join some shore excursions I have organised for some upcoming European ports. Is it reasonable to insist on only Non-smokers joining my group?

Cheers

WOz

of course it's your party..

just make it clear your expectations before others join.

Are you checking to make sure that your driver/guide are non-smokers? I wouldn't think you could tell them they can't smoke once you are out on your tour with them.

Very good point. Of course you can make it clear that only non-smokers are invited to join a group which you are organizing, but if the driver and/or guide are chain smokers, your precautions might be frustrated.

Are you checking to make sure that your driver/guide are non-smokers? I wouldn't think you could tell them they can't smoke once you are out on your tour with them.

Why not? They are getting paid by you. Maybe you should make this requirement known when you book just to be clear.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful replies.

I will be checking that the driver is not a smoker before confirming the booking and I will be up front about the excursion being non-smoking as a requirement to joining.

Cheers

WOz

If the excursion operator can add others and it is not just for you/your group, it is totally possible there might be smokers.

LuLu

~~~

That's true, so the excursions will be booked for a certain price and I will provide the passengers. There will be no option for the operator to add extra persons. If I can't make up the numbers in time I can choose to pay the higher price per person, renegotiate or cancel the excursion.

Cheers

Woz

That's true, so the excursions will be booked for a certain price and I will provide the passengers. There will be no option for the operator to add extra persons. If I can't make up the numbers in time I can choose to pay the higher price per person, renegotiate or cancel the excursion.

Cheers

Woz

Sounds like you have it covered! :)

LuLu

~~~