Tampa- Is there a hotel near a beach not far from both the Port and Airport?

rene194215

Hello,

I am looking for a hotel that would be close to a beach, but also fairly close to the Port and the airport. Or if not, a part of Tampa that has something to do? I am wanting to stay a night after the cruise because I would not be able to have someone pick me up on Thursday. I have tried to look at some places but I am not really sure since I have not been to Tampa before.

Thanks!

No where in Tampa is close to a beach - to get to the beach you'll need to go across the bridge to Clearwater or St. Petersburg, about a 20-30+ minute drive. Pull up a map of Tampa and the area on google maps.

There are several hotels in the Rocky Point area of Tampa that include both port and airport shuttles. If you are looking for nightlife you should look at hotels in the Ybor city area, which will be about a 15 minute cab ride away from the port.

I would avoid the area near the Tampa football stadium unless you are interested in strip clubs. :o

The Gulf Beaches would be over in St.Pete and Clearwater. Tampa sits on the Bay but does have a few, very few, hotels that have a small beach type area with wave-runner rentals, beach toys, loungers, beach bar etx..

Here is one that I am staying at next month. I will try to report back my thoughts.

Best Western Bay Harbor http://www.bayharbortampa.com/ They do have the Hulk Hogan restaurant and bar right next to the hotel. They offer nightlife and entertainment.

It is located about a 15 min ride from the port and 5 min from the airport.

For St. Pete Beach -- The Alden Suites

Good luck.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Rocky Point is close the the airport and downtown and there are beaches there. Whiskey Joes has a fantastically large beach.

Holiday Inn, The Westin, and The Best Western are all right there along with Hogans Bar and Bahama Breeze.

That is a great area that is very convenient to the port.

While it isn't exactly the ocean, it is part of Tampa Bay and beautiful.

Rocky Point is close the the airport and downtown and there are beaches there. Whiskey Joes has a fantastically large beach.

Holiday Inn, The Westin, and The Best Western are all right there along with Hogans Bar and Bahama Breeze.

Thanks for mentioning Whisky Joe's again. I just put it in my travel planner. It does look like a cool place to visit. We will be staying in the area from a Fri to a Sun so it should be hopping.

http://www.whiskeyjoestampa.com/whiskeyjoes/barefootbar.aspx

Appreciate the info.

:) Cari H.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

Thanks for mentioning Whisky Joe's again. I just put it in my travel planner. It does look like a cool place to visit. We will be staying in the area from a Fri to a Sun so it should be hopping.

http://www.whiskeyjoestampa.com/whiskeyjoes/barefootbar.aspx

Appreciate the info.

:) Cari H.

Yes, it is season, there should be a lot going on there. The hubs and I stopped in one random afternoon in July after dropping my son off at the airport and there were plenty of boats and people there but no band.

It looks like it is a blast on the weekend. Please take photos and post a review if you go!

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea how much a taxi to the port would cost from tis area? Thanks.

Any idea how much a taxi to the port would cost from tis area? Thanks.

Not sure exactly but it would not be much, it's no more than a few miles. I'd guess under 10 bucks. Doh, I just noticed you said to the PORT. It would be comparable to the fare from the airport to the port ($25). Note, several of the hotels in Rocky Point offer "stay & cruise" deals that include a shuttle to the port.

Edited by SeaPA1