Costa Maya being dropped from New Orleans itinerary

dasmonkey

Just got off the Jewel and noticed on the itinerary list that was circulated with the Free Style Daily that Costa Maya is being dropped from the NOLA run starting with the Dawn which is arriving in NOLA late this year.

I asked the Latitudes/Future Cruise Consultant guy as well as a few ship officers but nobody seemed to know why or if they did, weren't talking.

It is however still on the Tampa ships itinerary which is still doing the exact same 4 stop itinerary as the Jewel is doing out of NOLA.

Also the NCL website still shows Costa Maya as one of the 4 stops. Seems rather lazy considering it would take about 30 seconds to update that change. Why create aggravation for customers who book that cruise expecting to get 4 stops when you have cut the route to 3 stops.

Not thrilled about the cruise being cut to 3 stops. Of course none of the other lines in NOLA are doing 4 stops either. What was once a slam dunk for NCL will now be more of a toss up along with Carnival and RCCL.

My guess is they figure to make more money with another day of a captive audience on the ship. But that doesn't explain why they didn't drop it from the Tampa itinerary.

Just got off the Jewel and noticed on the itinerary list that was circulated with the Free Style Daily that Costa Maya is being dropped from the NOLA run starting with the Dawn which is arriving in NOLA late this year.

I asked the Latitudes/Future Cruise Consultant guy as well as a few ship officers but nobody seemed to know why or if they did, weren't talking.

It is however still on the Tampa ships itinerary which is still doing the exact same 4 stop itinerary as the Jewel is doing out of NOLA.

Also the NCL website still shows Costa Maya as one of the 4 stops. Seems rather lazy considering it would take about 30 seconds to update that change. Why create aggravation for customers who book that cruise expecting to get 4 stops when you have cut the route to 3 stops.

Not thrilled about the cruise being cut to 3 stops. Of course none of the other lines in NOLA are doing 4 stops either. What was once a slam dunk for NCL will now be more of a toss up along with Carnival and RCCL.

My guess is they figure to make more money with another day of a captive audience on the ship. But that doesn't explain why they didn't drop it from the Tampa itinerary.

Somebody would have to prove to me that the sheet that supposedly doesn't have Costa Maya on it is actually correct and that someone didn't accidentally leave Costa Maya off of it BEFORE I'd start raising the alarm over something that may not even be happening.

I'm on the October 11th cruise out of Bayport Cruise terminal, Houston and it's been removed from that itinerary as well. No idea why ......

Was it ever on the ones out of Houston? That was one of the reasons I didnt book out of there, because it was more expensive and one less stop...I hope they are wrong, I have a cruise booked for Jan 2015 and its still showing on my trip summery on NCL.com

Somebody would have to prove to me that the sheet that supposedly doesn't have Costa Maya on it is actually correct and that someone didn't accidentally leave Costa Maya off of it BEFORE I'd start raising the alarm over something that may not even be happening.

There is no "supposedly" to it as I have the same schedule form posted on the cruise consultants wall in my hands and it has been removed.

I would love to think Costa Maya was "accidentally" left off but for now the cruise consultant, Romeo, on the Jewel is telling customers it is gone.

..dislike...... Costa maya made the trip after 3 times to cozumel we dont bother getting off the ship .. Roatan wasnt that great last time... Belize is Belize 50/50 if tenders can run.. This cruise sounds awful now.. you could have 2 port days with bad weather and 5 ship days.. No thanks.. Are you sure they didnt replace it with Grand cayman or another port?

I am booked on the Dawn out of NOLA for Dec 28, 2014. Costa Maya shows on my itinerary on "my NCL", as well as on the website and the confirmatory email for my booking.

If we wind up not going, no complaints from me. It's just one more day of relaxing on the ship, without having to get up early and get the kids and wife moving for breakfast and rushing off to get to an excursion.

We are considering a CCL out of NOLA in 2016. I like the fact they have 2 itineraries. We have never been to Key West and would like to go and don't mind the Bahamas. I wish NCL would vary their Western ports.

We are considering a CCL out of NOLA in 2016. I like the fact they have 2 itineraries. We have never been to Key West and would like to go and don't mind the Bahamas. I wish NCL would vary their Western ports.

They actually have 3 they rotate, East, West and Bahamas.

Last fall NCL was rotating between a East and a West but as of the first of this year it was back to just the Western side.

If you look at the print-outs of the itineraries available on board the ship with care, you may notice several discrepencies. For example, the same ship may be listed with two different itineraries at the same time. I've been told that the ship print outs are copied manually and the ship Cruise Consultants often submit corrections for future printings.

I would go by what NCL posts online. If in doubt, call and ask. Incidentally, Costa Maya is our all-time favorite port.

We were on the Star out of NOLA 2 years ago and had Costa Maya as a stop - loved it! This fall we're on the Jewel out of Houston, same itinerary, except no Costa Maya which made as very sad. We have two sea days now on the way back from Roatan to Houston.

Sent from my XT1080 using Forums mobile app

N:(. Costa Maya has always been one of our favorite ports. What a shame.

The Houston itinerary has always had three ports listed, but they have switched Roatan to Banana Coast.

ours as well. There are a couple of really good tours there and the shopping center, just off the ship is really fun. Some of the friendliest vendors we have even talk to are the ones there. I wonder if we will ever learn why? probably not.

Was it ever on the ones out of Houston? That was one of the reasons I didnt book out of there, because it was more expensive and one less stop...I hope they are wrong, I have a cruise booked for Jan 2015 and its still showing on my trip summery on NCL.com

You're absolutely right ... my mistake. We had Coxen Hole, Honduras (Roatan) on our itinerary and it's THAT PORT that was removed and they replaced it with Banana Coast (Tujillo), Honduras.

Apologies for the confusion. Anyway, it would be nice to be notified by NCL when there is an itinerary change. If they did so prior to final payment ... it may have an impact on whether or not one wants to make a cruise choice change.

Thanks for correcting me on this. Happy cruising .......

We saw it, too, a few weeks ago. I know because my husband and I talked about it and I said felt bad for all those vendors.

I do, too. This is their living. The day the Dawn was there, it was the only one of four scheduled to be able to dock in rough seas. Our guide was so grateful for the day of work. We liked shopping in the area at the port, too.

I heard that NCL bought an island off the coast of Belize. Wonder if that will be the Banana Coast stop? "They" say the island should be ready this year.

I also heard about this but I didn't hear when it will be ready or what it will be called. I'll see if I can find where I read it.