Small ships in Alaska...a thumbs up?

Kinkacruiser

Looking at the Alaska 2015 cruises (not open for booking until March 11) and considering the 670 pax Pacific Princess. Are there any advantages/disadvantgages choosing this ship?

We cruised Fr. Polynesia on the Tahitian (now Ocean) Princess in '08 and enjoyed that very much.

Edited by Kinkacruiser

We are booked on Pacific Princess this May 13. Will post a review. We chose the Pacific for the large aft suites as well as the low passenger count. It will be crowded enough in Alaska ports without trying to embark and disembark with 3,000 of my new best friends.:eek::D Also, reviews have stated the food is better on the small ships. That is, of course, very much a personal decision. Anyway, we love small ships. Looking forward to it.

Looking at the Alaska 2015 cruises (not open for booking until March 11) and considering the 670 pax Pacific Princess. Are there any advantages/disadvantgages choosing this ship?

We cruised Fr. Polynesia on the Tahitian (now Ocean) Princess in '08 and enjoyed that very much.

If you cruised the Tahitian and liked it, I would not see any issues with the Pacific as they are the same.

Gotta deal with all the others ships in port regardless.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We cruised in Alaska on the Pacific Princess when they had the 14 day cruises (wish they still did) and loved it. We were the only people in the disco at night every time we went...lol. We are considering Alaska again this year so I am watching prices right now hoping they will drop so I can go on the Pacific again.

We are booked on Pacific Princess this May 13.

Has anyone figured out where the Pacific Princess is going for Drydock or maintenance between May 3 and 13? We get off in Vancouver May 3 after 32 days from Tahiti and Hawaii.

Terry

Has anyone figured out where the Pacific Princess is going for Drydock or maintenance between May 3 and 13? We get off in Vancouver May 3 after 32 days from Tahiti and Hawaii.

Terry

The Grand just had a drydock in December in Victoria so perhaps the drydock will be done there since your cruise ends in Vancouver.

Tom:)

We cruised in Alaska on the Pacific Princess when they had the 14 day cruises (wish they still did) and loved it. We were the only people in the disco at night every time we went...lol. We are considering Alaska again this year so I am watching prices right now hoping they will drop so I can go on the Pacific again.

Pacific 14 day Conneseour cruise was the best Alaska cruise we ever took.

Pacific 14 day Conneseour cruise was the best Alaska cruise we ever took.

Same here! We did it on both the Tahitian and Pacific and both are cruises we will never forget. The ship made you feel that you were so close to everything. Oh how I wish they would bring that 14 day cruise back. But only if it is on a small ship.