Can I cancel my reservation and book a new one to get the promotion?

I just checked out the promotion (3rd and 4th person free) and our room on the Adventure in Europe this summer is now well over $1000 cheaper. :( I don't want to lose the room we have, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the better rate. If I do call and cancel, and rebook, is that considered a "new" booking? Or will it not because we had previously had reservations for that ship for that week before? (I hope that question makes sense!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

I just checked out the promotion (3rd and 4th person free) and our room on the Adventure in Europe this summer is now well over $1000 cheaper. :( I don't want to lose the room we have, but I'm wondering if it's worth it to get the better rate. If I do call and cancel, and rebook, is that considered a "new" booking? Or will it not because we had previously had reservations for that ship for that week before? (I hope that question makes sense!)

If you cancel and rebook, that would be a new booking. However, bear in mind that you will lose any excursion/specialty dining reservations, and may lose your MDR dining preference.

sharonlacey - Thank you. I was a little confused with your answer. What did you mean they were at the same time?

clarea - Thanks! It's good to know that you can cancel and rebook, but do you know if it's definite that we can keep the same rooms? Or just chance??

sharonlacey - Thank you. I was a little confused with your answer. What did you mean they were at the same time?

clarea - Thanks! It's good to know that you can cancel and rebook, but do you know if it's definite that we can keep the same rooms? Or just chance??

From what I have read you just call and have your TA or the RCL rep if you booked it yourself cancel your current reservation and re-book your new one at the same time. Chances are that you will be able to keep your stateroom but that is not quaranteed.

Thanks! Any other advice from those that just did this would still be appreciated!

And to clear the confusion....I meant that they could see I was already booked for that same cruise (before, meaning previously). I would be cancelling and rebooking for the same exact week.

Thanks!

The banner just went from available to sold out. :( Ya snooze, ya lose! I guess I shouldn't have waited for answers and just called! Oh well, better luck next time. Thanks for the help everyone!!