Group rates on RCCL

Has any found booking as a group on RC to be worth it? I may have about 12 people traveling and I didn't think about going the group route until someone asked if I checked into the pricing.

I believe you need a minimum of 8 to be a group but is a small group of 12 even worth it?

What all do you get? Also, does anyone know what the largest amount of people that can be accommodated at one table in the MDR?

You're best to call the cruiseline directly...but I thought (RCI) a group had to be 25 people or an X number of cabins :confused:

Edited by Ashland

Has any found booking as a group on RC to be worth it? I may have about 12 people traveling and I didn't think about going the group route until someone asked if I checked into the pricing.

I believe you need a minimum of 8 to be a group but is a small group of 12 even worth it?

What all do you get? Also, does anyone know what the largest amount of people that can be accommodated at one table in the MDR?

You need a minimum of 8 staterooms for a group on Royal.

Edited by clarea

You mention 12 people... Are they in separate cabins? A group needs to be at least 8 cabins, not 8 people.

Even for 12 cabins, a group can be worth it. Sometimes Royal Caribbean will offer amenity points which can provide extra onboard credit or amenities. In addition, for each 8 cabins, you get credit for 1 berth (passenger) that you can distribute to the group as additional onboard credit if you wish.

Probably not worth it as you need to book 8 cabins ( 16 people) before RCCL considers it to be a group. You'd probably be better off checking with TA's to check if they would offer you any additional perks such as gratuities included and or OBC.

You mention 12 people... Are they in separate cabins? A group needs to be at least 8 cabins, not 8 people.

Even for 12 cabins, a group can be worth it. Sometimes Royal Caribbean will offer amenity points which can provide extra onboard credit or amenities. In addition, for each 8 cabins, you get credit for 1 berth (passenger) that you can distribute to the group as additional onboard credit if you wish.

Okay, 8 cabins. I was confused. Hmm, I don't think it'll be 8 cabins.

I'll probably still call. Even though I'm only counting 12 people (probably 6 cabins) if they start inviting others then I guess it could become a large group.

answer to the seating on table question?

12 would work on all ships. I have seen higher but only rarely.

All reservations must be linked. Keep in mind all reservations must have the same dining option to be linked.

You can set up a group with that - as above there would be amenity points involved depending on whats available for your sailing - if you book 6 cabins you will have 6 months from the time of booking to sell the additional 2 cabins. If you go thru a TA - they can set this up and also have the option of selling the other 2 cabins for you.

With a group, do you get to choose your own cabins? And do you get a better deal by booking directly with RCI, or can you make out just as well by booking with a TA?

We got to pick our staterooms when we had a group on Allure. Sometimes you will do better on price with a TA because they might be holding group space obtained when the price was lower.

We got to pick our staterooms when we had a group on Allure. Sometimes you will do better on price with a TA because they might be holding group space obtained when the price was lower.

OK, thanks. We're looking at Feb/Mar 2015 right now on Oasis. If you book directly with RCI as a group, does each cabin send them their own deposit, or does the group representative have to do that? How does it work? And if the group then drops below 8 cabins (like someone cancels out), what horrible things happen?

Edited by TequilaToo

I booked 14 staterooms for our group of 33 people. For every 8 staterooms, you get a conductors credit which amounts to 1 free person less fees and taxes. I paid for everybodys deposit when I made the booking and we also got a good group rate. The other advantage for group bookings is they can hold staterooms for you for up to 30 days.