Anyone else receive an Invitation to NYC regarding Quantum of the Seas Dining?

I just received an invitation to an event in New York City on March 26, 2014 from 1-3 pm regarding Culinary experiences on Quantum of the Seas.

Funny, because I live across the Country from New York. I don't think I will spend the money and time for a 2 hour event, especially with the cold weather up North. Why would they invite someone who lives so far away to a 2 hour event without even offering to pick up the travel expense? Seems a little silly.

Got it, threw it in the trash. Invite me to the pre-inaugural for free and I might pay my own air to get there, but for a 2 hour event, no way!!

I just received an invitation to an event in New York City on March 26, 2014 from 1-3 pm regarding Culinary experiences on Quantum of the Seas.

Funny, because I live across the Country from New York. I don't think I will spend the money and time for a 2 hour event, especially with the cold weather up North. Why would they invite someone who lives so far away to a 2 hour event without even offering to pick up the travel expense? Seems a little silly.

Will be sailing on Grandeur that week....K.O...:):)

Well I didn't get an email- not D- but live in NY thought I'd give it a try- sent email to RCL-got a reply back today:

"Unfortunately, at this time the event is only being extended to a select

group of Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members due to limited space."

So those who go have a great time- can't wait to hear all about it!

N

I got email confirmation, also, asking for full names. Maybe they are printing little menus like 150 Central? Wonder if there is a celebrity chef involved...

Bought train tickets for myself and my daughter. It will be a great girls getaway for us. Now we have to decide what else we want to do in Manhattan. I heart NYC! Don't get there often enough.

Well I didn't get an email- not D- but live in NY thought I'd give it a try- sent email to RCL-got a reply back today:

"Unfortunately, at this time the event is only being extended to a select

group of Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members due to limited space."

So those who go have a great time- can't wait to hear all about it!

N

I guess I'm not "Select" enough for them. :D

I guess I'm not "Select" enough for them. :D

Ray, guess RCCL would rather you spent you $ on ships already available to Floridians? Very few option for people in Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, and they are generally more expensive than Florida cruises. Its less expensive for me to fly to FL to get on a ship than to go from any port that I can drive to from the Mid-Atlantic area. The market for Quantam is not centered in Florida...

Forgot to mention, when we sail from Baltimore or Bayonne, unless it is hurricane season, it is two days before we get to warm weather.

Edited by Mystaken

Got our confirmation. Worded strangely that there is food. Parking in public garage $$. Own arrangements. We are within an hour so looking forward to it. Vicki

I do not find that wording strange.

There is NOTHING in the original invitation that promises to feed you.

It merely talks about revealing the culinary experience ON BOARD the Quantum.

:)

But I am glad that you won't starve. :D

We got the invite, but will not be going to a 2-hour event all the way from California. However, I would rather be invited, than be overlooked. When they invite people by geographic area, as they did recently, a lot of people feel ignored.

I agree, Karen. I really do not understand people COMPLAINING about being invited.

I do not find that wording strange.

There is NOTHING in the original invitation that promises to feed you.

It merely talks about revealing the culinary experience ON BOARD the Quantum.

But I am glad that you won't starve. :D

Carol, are you going?

I agree, Karen. I really do not understand people COMPLAINING about being invited.

Here is part of the response ...........

Additional event details:

When: Doors open at 1pm. The event will be from 1pm-3pm (March 26, 2014)

Where: Location 05, 509 West 34th Street (between 10th and 11th avenue) New

York, NY 10001

-Food will be served :D

-A public parking lot is located next to the venue for your convenience

-Guests will need to make their own hotel and transportation accommodations

We got the invite, but will not be going to a 2-hour event all the way from California. However, I would rather be invited, than be overlooked. When they invite people by geographic area, as they did recently, a lot of people feel ignored.

Come on Karen ....... Since when have you not stayed somewhere before or after a cruise :) .... it's the "BIG APPLE" Frank Sinatra sang about all the time. ;)

Carol, I always resent it when someone else decides what is best for me, and that because I don't live in Florida (or New Jersey, etc.) that I would not attend special events there. We were in Ft. Lauderdale getting ready to board a cruise when the Vision had its one-night cruise after revitalization, yet C&A refused to issue us an invitation. Since most of RCI's fleet spends at least part of the year in Florida, it's safe to assume that many frequent floaters would be in the area, regardless of their residence. That piece of logic escaped them, however. :(

Come on Karen ....... Since when have you not stayed somewhere before or after a cruise :) .... it's the "BIG APPLE" Frank Sinatra sang about all the time. ;)

LOL, I lived in NYC, and am not in a big hurry to go back. But I appreciated the invitation, nonetheless. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1