transportation from POM to Doubletree Gallery One

shuang6

This past November, I took SAS from POM expecting to grab a cab at FLL but the driver said he had a pick up near the gallery one so he just took me there from the FLL airport. I was at the hotel by 10:30am. Of course, there's no guarantee that'll happen for you.

It was about $25 for a cab from gallery one to FLL.

Great hotel location by the way. I loved sitting out at the pool at night watching the boats go by on the water.

Edited by WestCoastCruiser123

This past November, I took SAS from POM expecting to grab a cab at FLL but the driver said he had a pick up near the gallery one so he just took me there from the FLL airport. I was at the hotel by 10:30am. Of course, there's no guarantee that'll happen for you.

Great hotel location by the way. I loved sitting out at the pool at night watching the boats go by on the water.

The OP is talking about Miami and a cab from the port there is around $100 with tip. SAS cannot pick up at the Port of Miami.

To the OP, line up a shuttle service.

The OP is talking about Miami and a cab from the port there is around $100 with tip. SAS cannot pick up at the Port of Miami.

To the OP, line up a shuttle service.

Maybe I wasn't initially clear, but YES I took SAS from the epic in POM to the gallery one in Fort Lauderdale. I referenced my cab fare from the hotel back to the airport the next day so the OP would have an idea of cab fare to/from FLL and hotel.

Maybe I wasn't initially clear, but YES I took SAS from the epic in POM to the gallery one in Fort Lauderdale. I referenced my cab fare from the hotel back to the airport the next day so the OP would have an idea of cab fare to/from FLL and hotel.

My mistake, SAS cannot pick up at MIA.

Thanks! I am looking forward to staying at the hotel.

I think if I were to use SAS, I will need to take their shuttle from POM to FLL, then take a taxi from FLL to Doubletree Gallery One. Thanks for your input!

Thanks! I am looking forward to staying at the hotel.

I think if I were to use SAS, I will need to take their shuttle from POM to FLL, then take a taxi from FLL to Doubletree Gallery One. Thanks for your input!

Yes. We have the same problem. We are going to use SAS from POM to FLL and then take a taxi from FLL to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort after our cruise. We got all the same responses from the services when we checked. It is this solution, rent a car, or pay even more for a taxi.

Sharon

You might check with some of the other popular FLL based shuttle services - QLS (quality limo service), Go Airport Shuttle and MJS are often suggested on these boards - to see if your hotel is in their service area.

We used MJS in February for this same trip. Very professional people and will use them in the future.

I did contact MJS about transportation from POM to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. I was told NO. They only take you to the airport (FLL) from the Port of Miami (POM). That is what most people want and do, but we are looking for transportation from the port to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach. We could do a taxi or private limo but using someone like MJS or SAS from the port and then a taxi to the hotel is much cheaper, only around $55-$60 for the two of us.

Sharon

Sharon,

Yeah we are finding out the same. I guess our option is to shuttle from POM to FLL, then take a taxi to the hotel. Just curious which cruise are you on? We will be on Carnival Breeze & back on 3/29

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sharon,

Yeah we are finding out the same. I guess our option is to shuttle from POM to FLL, then take a taxi to the hotel. Just curious which cruise are you on? We will be on Carnival Breeze & back on 3/29

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We don't cruise until November. We will be on the Carnival Splendor repositioning cruise. We embark in San Juan and debark in Miami on November 9. We are really looking forward to the 8 day cruise and 5 new ports for us (St Croix, Martinique, Grenada, Dominica, and Grand Turk, not to mention we haven't been to Puerto Rico before). We will have 3 days to check out San Juan before the cruise. You will have to return and tell me how things went for you on you Breeze cruise with the transportation from POM to hotel. We were on the Breeze in April 2013.

I think people are missing the fact that these transportation people are not to taking people from POM to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale. All I get from them all is - No hotel! Just the Fort Lauderdale Airport. I don't know if it is something new. I don't know if it is their decision or if it is government regulations. Doesn't matter if you are the one trying to do it. You just have to do what you have to do.

Sharon

Quality Limo Service Shuttle says they shuttle from POM to Ft Lauderdale hotels~

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/fort-lauderdale-airport-shuttles.wd

This link takes you to the list of hotels that they drop off and pick up from~

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/miami-transportation.wd

Thank you for the information. It will be helpful to some but still doesn't help me or shuang6. Our hotels are not near the airport and not on the list of hotels they drop off and pick up from. So thank you again for trying but it still doesn't work for us.

We decided to stay the extra day because the airfares were much higher for us on Sunday. We can save almost $300 flying out later on Monday and we don't have to make 2 stops and change plans. We want to stay near the beach not out by the airport. We are getting our room for free on points and it is directly across from the beach. A much better place to spend almost 2 days. I'll choose beach over airport any day. A nice way to end our vacation. So it will be a shuttle from POM to FLL and a taxi from the airport to our hotel.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow

• 4 weeks later...
We ended up taking SAS shuttle from POM to FLL, then taxi over to Doubletree Gallery One. It worked out for us.

Thank you for coming back and telling us about your experience.

I am glad that it worked for you. I am hoping the same thing for us in November when we go to the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort.

Sharon

Edited by luv2trvlnow