RCCL balance online is much higher than my invoice

I went to their site to pay the balance of our cruise coming in May and I was shocked to see that the balance due was considerably higher than my reservation confirmation. The price online for each of our cruise fares is WAY higher than I originally booked. Can they raise the price of my booking??? If so, I have to cancel, it's just not worth it.

Edited by lovesthebeach2

I went to their site to pay the balance of our cruise coming in May and I was shocked to see that the balance due was considerably higher than my reservation confirmation. The price online for each of our cruise fares is WAY higher than I originally booked. Can they raise the price of my booking??? If so, I have to cancel, it's just not worth it.

Others have reported the same issue. I believe it's a bug in their booking system. Some change to the booking triggers a price increase. Call Royal and they should be able to fix it.

I just re-read your response and the only change I made to the reservation was to book the shows. I haven't added anything else that would change the price. I planned to add a wine package.... I'm glad I didn't :eek::eek:

It's a bug in there system. It's not consistent either, some just change dining time and it causes the cruise to be re-priced.

I had the same problem, several times!!! I was fortunate enough to get a great price drop around Christmas. After the first of the year, I would go in to see if the shows were ready to be booked or to check out the shore excursions and all I had to do was click the shore excursion site and it would bump my price back up. I had to call them 7 times in order to get my price back down to where it should be. Even after making final payment, I went in to check the show schedule and it bumped it back up and said I owed over $1000. I called them again and they fixed it and now I'm good to go. It's frustrating, but they will fix it if you just call them.

I also have the same problem. I reported this on the other thread about long hold times. My price went up about $2K as the kids sail free credit is now missing. I was on hold for 2 hours last night and finally spoke with a really nice agent. She said she had never heard of this happening before. She spoke to their "resolutionist" who has forwarded the issue to their IT Dept. The agent said to not worry, it would be taken care of and brought back down to my original price. The agent told me to check the site again in about a week to verify the correct price. The only thing I did on the RC sight previously was book the MTD, shows and look at excursions.

I also noticed they assigned a balcony # to my cruise now. I had booked a D8 balcony guarantee room, and a room has already been assigned.

I am past final payment date (with final payment having been made), and I've been thinking of adding one of the bottled water packages. Having read this thread, I'm concerned about doing so online, and then having a sudden, unexplained balance due after final payment date, and having them cancel my cruise! Is there a possibility this could happen? If there is, I may wait and request my bottled water when I get on the ship.

I am past final payment date (with final payment having been made), and I've been thinking of adding one of the bottled water packages. Having read this thread, I'm concerned about doing so online, and then having a sudden, unexplained balance due after final payment date, and having them cancel my cruise! Is there a possibility this could happen? If there is, I may wait and request my bottled water when I get on the ship.

You could always call them and order the water package on the phone. That way, you could have them double check the balance and fix the booking if necessary.

Personally, I'd rather purchase on board so as to rock the boat as little as possible.

The same thing happened to me on celebrity. when we made our final payment we changed the beverage package to premium and paid by credit card. After that our reservation said we owed money. Since I had and e-mail saying paid in full and another saying premium beverage and a credit card receipt I ignored it. When we got to the cruise the amount magically went away. I would hang onto my confirmation and not worry until final payment. If it is going to keep happening everytime I change a reservation or package I would rather just deal with it at final payment time. Why spend hours on the phone when you can just do it once.

I finally got my amount corrected and I made my final payment to them while still on the phone. I said that I am considering purchasing the alcohol package and I was afraid it would cause a problem. He promised me that it wouldn't......for some reason I don't believe him ;)

BUT he did say that he thinks if I have any other questions I can call next week and it should be better....so no alcohol package until then

Had that happen today - this morning I just put our bed preference in the reservation, and the price jumped up! Called tonight and had to wait on hold for 45 minutes, but they fixed it. The customer service person advised me to call and make any future changes because of this glitch in the system.

Had that happen today - this morning I just put our bed preference in the reservation, and the price jumped up! Called tonight and had to wait on hold for 45 minutes, but they fixed it. The customer service person advised me to call and make any future changes because of this glitch in the system.

There sure are a lot of "glitches" in the system lately. Waited over 1 1/2 hours yesterday to be told I had called the wrong Toll Free number! :( Was on hold for another 30 minutes AFTER being transferred! :confused:

Same exact thing happened here! I've been booked for two days, paid initial deposit Sunday. All was well. Monday made My Time dining reservations. All was fine. Tonight I updated our reservation with my wife's C&A number, now it shows $1300 more!! Reading others here makes me think this is not so random. I have been on hold now with RCI for 2 hours trying to get this straightened out, and still no resolution. The woman trying to assist me keeps stating that she needs someone from "another department" to correct this, and no one from this mystery department has responded thus far.

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:mad::mad:

Even if my booking (online) is showing the exact correct amount due...I prefer to call RCI directly to make final payment regardless of how long waiting on hold it takes. ;)

I checked on my reservation on the website as final payment is coming up later this month. I have made NO changes to my reservation (not added a package either).

My dining time, bed preference and cabin number were all as before. The only difference is a $!400 increase in final payment price. YIKES!

I figured that it was a glitch but I decided to call anyway. After half an hour on hold I decided there were better uses of my time and hung up. I will get this straightened out when I call to make final payment.

I was thinking of adding the alcohol package but I think I'll wait till I get on the ship.

It's a shame that a quality company like RCI has these kinds of issues with their website. However, I know that website problems are fairly common with ALL companies. This is the type of things that people don't need when they are looking forward to their vacation to RELIEVE stress.:rolleyes:

Well, after staying on the phone with RCI last night for two and a half hours, my issue has still not been resolved. The rep I spoke with was very helpful, and clearly frustrated herself. She herself could not resolve the pricing error, although she could clearly see it was wrong. She had to speak to another dept and after waiting forever learned that this other dept needed to contact another dept to correct this for us, and that final dept was gone for the day. Amazing to me that such a major cruise line could be run like this. So any way, I'm told that I will receive an email tody when this is resolved. I'll believe it when I see it. Till then, I totally wasted an entire evening on the phone trying to correct a wrong that should not have happened in the first place. I am one very disgruntled customer right now, and the cruise is still four months away. What else can happen? Do I dare do anything further on their website regarding our reservation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Do I dare do anything further on their website regarding our reservation?

I would not do anything on the website until they fix the problem. I'd call them if I had something like an excursion to book or dining to reserve.

Thanks for the advice. I will probably do as you suggest. I will just have to deal with the terribly long wait times in order to actually speak to someone. Better than dealing with their website I suppose. The lesser of two evils!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I will probably do as you suggest. I will just have to deal with the terribly long wait times in order to actually speak to someone. Better than dealing with their website I suppose. The lesser of two evils!!

Remember also that if you are a member of Crown & Anchor, you can call that number for most anything related to your cruise. They don't seem to be as buried under the call volume like the general customer service number.

Hubby nearly fell off his chair!

He called and removed the land tour for our upcoming Alaska trip. We have cabin 1100 on the Radiance since day one of reservations.

He did not touch the cabin but Royal's system repriced the cabin at the current rate that day. Two calls later to Revenue Management it was resolved.

Yikes!

The reservation was more AFTER he removed the tour!

After reading about all the problems with price increases on the invoices after booking cruises I decided I wanted something from RCCL with our original prices. Because prices have went up about $4,000 I didn't want a big surprise when final payment was due so I had my TA get me a copy from RCCL of the original invoice when we first booked the cruise. So now if there is a problem I've got something to show them.

So I just wanted to let this board know that my issue was FINALLY resolved. I received an email around 6:00 pm this evening as promised containing a copy of our Guest Invoice. The price was adjusted down as promised. Only one problem. It was still $25 more than it was originally! Ordinarily, I would not have fretted over such a small difference, but having just spent two and a half hours on the line with them last night, this has become a real sticking point with me.

I took clarea's advise and called them using the C & A number, not the regular reservations number I used last night. I am very happy to report, that my call was picked up in three minutes, and though I had to spend another 27 minutes on the line with them, in the end I got the final adjustment made, and I am once again a happy camper. :)

I will tell you, any excursions I need to make or other reservations or packages we need, I will NOT do it over the website, but rather will call the C & A line. I'm a little leery of doing online check it too, but will likely risk that as does make the boarding process that much easier.

Good luck to anyone else who faces this challenge. Hopefully RCI works out their technology issues real soon!

On hold right now for the Resolutions Department. My price for final payment is WAY higher than it should be.....and I have my original invoice to prove it. They somehow lost my OBC too. Geez.....

I will let you all know how this turns out.....

Yeah, I know I use that multiple period thing a lot when I'm frustrated........there I go again!:rolleyes: