Grande Suite Yay or Nay?

Splash14

We had our first Grand Suite last year on the Fascination. We usually get a balcony cabin, but I got a really good deal on the Grand Suite, and now we are spoiled. It was so, so nice and roomy. We loved it. We have booked the Grand Suite again on the Fascination for the end of April, and did not get any great deal, but for us, it is worth the extra cost. We like to lounge around in the cabin. We are not big partiers. We live in Florida, so we don't need to do excursions to the beach or snorkeling. We have all that here. It all depends on what you want to spend, and what you like to do on the cruise.

We too spend more time in the room, so the space is nice. I think you could fit an inside cabin in just the walk in closet/bathroom area of the Grand Suite I had last year.

We are trying a suite on NCL next year. About same size as CCL, but comes with better perks. :)

Edited by FireEater

We had a grand suite on the sunshine in january, really loves it. I honestly think an ocean suite would have been ok too. Here are some pics! ImageUploadedByForums1393982364.429930.jpg.5aff5e6944cfe4a3bcf3280a1856fd2f.jpg

The first one is my boys hanging inside my cabin, they had an inside to themselves across the hall! ImageUploadedByForums1393982443.486614.jpg.6e0a8f7a135e18b842d905f74864fa4b.jpg

Second pic is the same area (entryway) but looking at it from inside the cabin instead of from the doorway.

ImageUploadedByForums1393982516.857116.jpg.0ab1077aeb2118a4961ff9e9202c6c9c.jpg

The bed area, believe it or not the lump under the blanket is a very tired me after a night in NOLA!!

ImageUploadedByForums1393982606.209803.jpg.cd504edae2a1d768a157acc7506de1be.jpg

If you were at the foot of the bed with the balcony behind you you are looking at the entrance to the bathroom/ dressing room area.

ImageUploadedByForums1393982693.093044.jpg.d90cd3562edc35ad922054b540131653.jpg

This pic is the dressing room and massive closet outside the bathroom. I loved getting ready in there!!

ImageUploadedByForums1393982753.161373.jpg.cc3d2ee7fd03d5658e31f5c32f59a453.jpg

The bathroom, very spacious for a ship, but the sunshine didn't have bidet's.

You can tell that the shower is a whirlpool bathtub. I actually never used the whirlpool function, but the shower head was fabulous, dumped tons of water on me!

ImageUploadedByForums1393982907.487940.jpg.8282ee9840a75ba4d47a2d20517307c2.jpg

Ok, this last one is two of the boys being... Boys!! They "misused" the sofa cushions. Hope you all get a laugh out of that!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you think the grand suites are worth the extra money or not?

Just looking for opinions.

go for the ocean suite... i've been in both, and the only difference between the two is there's a little bit less room, and the sofa isn't one of those big wrap-arounds. The GS is only worth it if you have a few kids or something, but for two adults, a teen, and a younger kid (twin beds, the sofa, and one of those pull down from the ceiling deals) the OS was MORE than enough space. The balcony huge, and the bathroom and dressing area are the same size, the whirlpool tubs the same. you get no added benefit being in a GS over a OS.

We got the upgrade call on our last cruise on the Fantasy to the grand suite and we loved it would we pay the full fare for it ? Probably not but if they called again with the same deal we would take it. The big balcony was the best part in our opinion

so many intangibles to ever remotely help you answer that.

can you afford the extra money ?

do you spend a lot of time in the suite? balcony?

How many people in the suite?

How important is the extra space to you?

no one can answer that but you. people can tell you what THEY think is value or THEY think is worth it but that is within their situation (which we dont know)

If you can afford it and if you spend time in the room and balcony then it 'could' be worth it

We got the call for an upgrade from our oceanview to a grand suite on the Elation. For the deal they were offering it was totally worth it, but as much as we enjoyed it, I don't think that I would ever pay full price for it.

We got the call for an upgrade from our oceanview to a grand suite on the Elation. For the deal they were offering it was totally worth it, but as much as we enjoyed it, I don't think that I would ever pay full price for it.

Our thoughts exactly

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

It really depends on the ship class and your trip too..the balcony rooms are my dream as a single..that size on any ship paying for the other guy as a solo. Very nice ship size IMHO..but add another soul other than a partner and ... kids...hmmmm.

Edited by sjn911

We'd do it every time if we could. OS is ok, our first Aft Wrap (VS as it is on Pride) is in a few weeks. We've done one GS.

We've done balcony, one OV and suites.

We totally prefer the suites. DH would do the GS every time if we could afford it.

I'd never seen an actual bidet until the GS on the Freedom.

We purchased a grand suite last year at a discounted price. Just booked another for this July (no deals) because it was worth the money. Just having the extra closet space, larger bathroom, huge deck, and VIP service was amazing. In fact there were a couple of days when lounge chairs at the pool were hard to find, finally went back to my deck with a large cocktail and was very happy :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Love the GS lots of room. Nice balcony also. We made the mistake of getting a GS with extended balcony on the Ecstasy. WOW so large. She is the only ship with GS extended balcony! We have always booked GS but after the Ecstasy was spoiled by that balcony. GS have a nice balcony but GS extended balcony was wonderful. This next cruise we booked our first aft wrap balcony, hope we like it as much.

I will only travel in GS and OS. I am a big woman i travel with my husband. I don't like closed in places. If you can afford it do it. I spend my time cruising on the ship hardly ever in my room. But my husband only comes out to eat he sits in the balcony almost all day his cruising is all about relaxing. So for us it really truly suits us. Yes it is definately more money, but i am on vacation. I figure i don't drink or gamble so what i would have spend on other things i will spend to be very very comfortable. As for perks Carnival really doesn't offer any just embarkation and debarkation. Were as Royal and Norwegian have other better perks. Go for it you will love it...