Attire question for Seaborn Quest for a first timer

kkpcruiser

Hi

My niece and nephew will be celebrating their 25 th anniversary aboard the Seaborne Quest in April. It is a first cruise for both.

I've never had the pleasure of cruising on a luxury line and have read several posts/ threads regarding the dress code expectations but offered to her to post a few specific questions that some experienced Seaborne cruisers might help with.

I apologize if these are repetitious to posts already answered. I'd just like to condense her questions in one post that I can forward to her.

It seems the designation for dress is formal, semi formal then casual or maybe it was called elegant casual.

What would be considered semi formal? A short cocktail dress would be her choice for formal evenings...is a simple shealth dress acceptable for semi?

Casual or elegant casual...I assume a sundress is fine but are dressy capris and a nice top or cardigan ok? Is a thin strapped leather flat sandal acceptable?

I remember my first cruise not realizing there were 2 formal nights and my two teenage girls at the time being mortified wearing the same dress twice...lol. Then I discovered cruise critic and was prepared for every possibility since!

Thanks in advance for your comments

There is lots of advice on this topic, but to try to make it short - formal optional means DJ, suit OR jacket required, tie not absolutely necessary. Elegant casual means jacket required for men; casual means jacket not required. Would suggest not tee or polo shirts any evening, and no jeans in the evening except at the Patio Grill outdoors.

What you say for a woman seems fine,though I personally would suggest not capris again except for eating outdoors. Flat sandals fine,but not beach style flip flops.

We have sailed with Seabourn a few times and find their dress code pretty relax. As long as you are not wearing vests, shorts or flip flops after 6 pm, you will be fine. I wouldn't wear jeans after 6 either. What you said in your message seems fine.