Soda Pkg. with no coke machines

:)

Do you just go up to any bar and they will look on your seapass and know you bought the pkg and give you a glass of pop? The ship were sailing on is the independence of the sea and I heard they don't have the coke machines yet.

Do you just go up to any bar and they will look on your seapass and know you bought the pkg and give you a glass of pop? The ship were sailing on is the independence of the sea and I heard they don't have the coke machines yet.

Yes, that is exactly what you do. :)

You are correct, just to go any bar or restaurant and they will give you a fountain (not a can) soda. Choices are usually Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water. You are also correct that Indy does not have the Freestyle Coke machines.

Edited by clarea

I've heard that it isn't the case that certain ships don't have the free style machines "yet", it is the case that certain ships won't have them. Mainly those that do the European cruises due to the supply of the syrups I think. Looking forward to hopefully going on one of the ships with the Free Style machines next year though :)

How do the Freestyles machines work when you purchase the soda package? Is it self serve? Is there someone there monitoring it to make sure you have purchased the soda package?

Self-serve. The special cup you receive has an electronic chip embedded in the bottom to trigger the machine to work.

Yes, I think they still put a sticker on your seapass along with giving you the cup. The bartender will just see the sticker, if you don't have a cup with you. I personally don't think I would like the freestyle machine because I never carry around the cup.

Edited by cruiserccl1212

I've heard that it isn't the case that certain ships don't have the free style machines "yet", it is the case that certain ships won't have them. Mainly those that do the European cruises due to the supply of the syrups I think. Looking forward to hopefully going on one of the ships with the Free Style machines next year though :)

Either way is technically correct. Once Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines become available to other countries, ships serving those countries will likely get the machines.

Even on ships with the Freestyle machine the bars will still provide a glass of soda if you have the package. I think I am the only person in the United States that believes the Freestyle machines are overrated. I think the soda tastes better from the bar gun than the Freestyle machine. I also don't usually carry the cup around (I have a collection of 24 unopened cups from past cruises)

Yep, I did this on both the Navigator and the Allure. Even though the Allure had the Freestyle machines, I never used them. Too much of a pain to haul around the special cup needed to activate it. It was much easier to just order cokes at the bar or from any of the servers coming around the pool. I think the special cup I have is still wrapped in the original plastic shoved in a drawer never used!

Yes, I think they still put a sticker on your seapass along with giving you the cup. The bartender will just see the sticker, if you don't have a cup with you. I personally don't think I would like the freestyle machine because I never carry around the cup.

Correct

However if you Pre-order the pckage via Royal's Website the Writtten Coca-Cola is Made part of your SeaPass at the time of Printing, it is lacted at the bottom of your SeaPass Card

Edited by Swath
Spelling

So if no Freestyle on Indy - at poolside do kids just go up to the bar to get a pop?

That would work. You can also ask the roving bar servers to bring a glass of soda.

Either way is technically correct. Once Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines become available to other countries, ships serving those countries will likely get the machines.

Coca-Cola does have manufacturing/filling facilities for the cartridges for the Freestyle in Europe as I have worked on projects that supplied equipment for the filling lines.

Yes, that is exactly what you do. :)

Yes, but they also have some dedicated soda areas. A tip, if you are around the pool bar on a Sea day, don't let them see your refillable drink cup, they will wait on everyone but you because they get the automatic gratuity on alcholic drinks.

How many freestyle machines are on board, on average? I know it might vary ship to ship. Are there more than one? And if so, are they spread out on the ship?

I believe the minimum I've seen is three machines. They are usually spread out, for example on Enchantment there is one in the centrum and two in Windjammer. On Explorer I believe there are five machines: two on the Promenade, two in Windjammer, and one in the arcade.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a list of the ships that offer the Freestyle machines? We may be sailing Serenade in March 2016 and my DD loved the machines on our recent Freedom cruise. She doesn't like pop, but really liked the Powerade and flavoured water options.