.......idle jottings

ho-hum

In the words of the BBC Cameraman who caught that scene: "Sweet". Be sure and send me a copy of the completed show or Lois will have to release the scene in question on Facebook, YouTube, etc. Copy, of course I made a copy. :eek:

Whilst Hum is hardly surprised that one disreputable character is inclined to blackmailing shenanigans we know that dearest Lois is wholly in-capable of such low practices on account of her lady qualities and kindness.

Anyway old chum, you do not need to resort to blackmail, so if we can arrange a copy we will send it to you 'cos you were in it !!

Especially as you were very gracious about the whole "kerfuffle".

Hum's only regret about the filming was it restricted time with you guys, TrapperZ, Zimmy, Lady V and The Colonel.

We appreciate the "hand" cobber !

And thanks for also letting us have your cricket and rugby union coaches too.

A great success over here.

Bodog is probably watching the Australian GP with a "tinnie" in his hat with corks hanging down to keep off the flies. No just his hat.

Yes Eddie has delivered you a great result in the rugby

And I was indeed watching the F1 san corked hat

Hey we're having a great chat on physical altercations on board over @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331021

I'm thinking old Hum and some of other old sea dogs will have some tales to contribute on that front?

Whilst Hum is hardly surprised that one disreputable character is inclined to blackmailing shenanigans we know that dearest Lois is wholly in-capable of such low practices on account of her lady qualities and kindness.

Anyway old chum, you do not need to resort to blackmail, so if we can arrange a copy we will send it to you 'cos you were in it !!

Especially as you were very gracious about the whole "kerfuffle".

Hum's only regret about the filming was it restricted time with you guys, TrapperZ, Zimmy, Lady V and The Colonel.

You are my Hero! You Da Man! And the whole "kerfuffle" was quite enjoyable with you, Blondie, and the entire cast. :D

Hey we're having a great chat on physical altercations on board over @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2331021

I'm thinking old Hum and some of other old sea dogs will have some tales to contribute on that front?

You are right about that! There are a few "incidents" that can be reported from SeaDream voyages. I posted a bit over at Crystal. An interesting thread.:D

Well thanks for the "heads up".

Unfortunately Hum's astral aura spreads peace and love wherever Shri Hum-ji goes.

What does amaze Hum about ship life is the maturity of younger crew who live "cheek by jowl" with one another for months on end in less than salubrious conditions away from family and loved ones and when "hormones" are flowing !

Of course Hum knows of a few rare incidents which he will never divulge but ship systems insist on instant dismissal.

In Hum world, altercation is a common fact of life.

And perversely Hum enjoys a certain "frizzante".

Just on Friday, Hum "kicked" two builders off site for bad attitude when politely challenged over their un-acceptable workmanship.

Hum was resolute.

They were sent walking !

And Hum will not accept poor standards either.

At the posh 7 star Burj al-Arab where Hum recently stayed, Hum called out the General Manager at 11.30pm on a Sunday evening to complain about very poor service.

But as regards other passengers and crew on SD.

Hum has not been even mildly irritated !

Now shoreside management !

Perpetually annoyed by their appalling service though individually they are rather nice people.

And so dear chum, Hum ain't got nothin' to contribute.

Sorry.

Hum feels he has let you down.

Of course Hum will check it out.

Bet it's all a case of "handbags".

Thought you dear chums would like to hear Hum's reply to Butch on another forum.

Interesting thread. I have not yet been on Crystal but have seen similar actions on SeaDream. One voyage had a fight over the private outdoor bed area late one night with the result that the initiator (at least in his 70s!) and Wife were put ashore the next day. On another voyage we all got to witness a marriage come apart with screaming fights and a drink thrown into the (soon to be ex) husband's face. Lots to gossip about at the bar.:eek: These sort of things usually make the news from the huge people movers, not the smaller lux lines but, as has been noted above, money doesn't buy class, manners, or smarts.:D

Now Jim, you promised you would'nt tell them about Hum and Blondie !

You assured Hum your middle name was "Discretion".

Unfortunately your first name is "Blabber Mouth" !!!

Of course Hum could tell these nice folks about your blackmailing attempts and a "bottom slapping" incident !

But Hum's sure these good and refined characters on the Crystal forum dont want to hear about sex, violence, blackmail.

"Yes we do"

"Yes we do"

Actually, the decorum in January was impeccable........Well, by SeaDream standards. The events I briefly referred to were on other voyages. There was even more that could be told.......Much more.:eek::D

Well ?

Tell all ...........

Ok, ok. This one time, at SeaDream, we had been assigned 1/2 of a Commodore Suite. If you have never been in one, let me tell you, you know what your neighbor is up to most of the time.:eek: As luck would have it, the couple next door were having marital difficulties.....Lots of marital difficulties. Apparently they went on this cruise as a last attempt to get things right. One slight problem, the man also booked a cabin for his girlfriend.:eek: At dinner he was constantly on his phone texting his love who was at the next table. Classy, huh?? Things came to a real climax (no pun intended) one night after St. Martin. Long into the night--were talking 4 or 5 am here--the battle raged next door. Lots of nasty things said, loud slaps, thumping off the wall, big time. The next day, the entire ship knew of the battle. Now, as luck would have it, in St. Martin we went to a "Zip Line". It was really Combat Training in the trees. Lots of steel cables, climbing, etc. Lois is one who bruises easily. Yep, she was covered in bruises after that. You should have seen the looks I got when we arrived at breakfast the next day! We both went around the entire deck swearing it was not us. Anyone who knows Lois knows had I done that sort of stuff to her, well I wouldn't be writing this. She is armed and a very good shot and doesn't take that sort of stuff.......At all...... Ever. The couple in question??? Vanished. Ashore very early. The girlfriend, however, enjoyed the rest of her cruise. :D You just never know who you will meet on SeaDream. At least there were no kiddies on board.:D

Ok, ok. This one time, at SeaDream, we had been assigned 1/2 of a Commodore Suite. If you have never been in one, let me tell you, you know what your neighbor is up to most of the time.:eek: As luck would have it, the couple next door were having marital difficulties.....Lots of marital difficulties. Apparently they went on this cruise as a last attempt to get things right. One slight problem, the man also booked a cabin for his girlfriend.:eek: At dinner he was constantly on his phone texting his love who was at the next table. Classy, huh?? Things came to a real climax (no pun intended) one night after St. Martin. Long into the night--were talking 4 or 5 am here--the battle raged next door. Lots of nasty things said, loud slaps, thumping off the wall, big time. The next day, the entire ship knew of the battle. Now, as luck would have it, in St. Martin we went to a "Zip Line". It was really Combat Training in the trees. Lots of steel cables, climbing, etc. Lois is one who bruises easily. Yep, she was covered in bruises after that. You should have seen the looks I got when we arrived at breakfast the next day! We both went around the entire deck swearing it was not us. Anyone who knows Lois knows had I done that sort of stuff to her, well I wouldn't be writing this. She is armed and a very good shot and doesn't take that sort of stuff.......At all...... Ever. The couple in question??? Vanished. Ashore very early. The girlfriend, however, enjoyed the rest of her cruise. :D You just never know who you will meet on SeaDream. At least there were no kiddies on board.:D

I must lead a sheltered life! Have never seen fisticuffs on SD -- some bad behavior but not to that extent -- or perhaps I'm just oblivious :) And, yes, Jim, you would have been history!

Vandrefalk

Really, Hum? You mean it wasn't you who slammed that guy into the bulkhead for coming to dinner in jeans and trainers? :mad:

Sorry Professor, you fell into some kind of "gansta" talk that Hum is not as well acquainted with as you and your "hood" chum, Snoop Doggy-Dooh is.

May Hum politely request that you adopt terms appropriate to an Englishman of a certain age who has not had such a colourful life as yourself and your "gangsta rapping" chums from the "hood".

The words "slamming" suggest to Hum, personally berating a person which Hum would admit to but unfortunately there have been so many !

Whilst a bulkhead is a kind of ceiling.

Linking the two together in some coherent meaning is where Hum is finding it difficult.

Further clarification would be appreciated.

Hum does recognise that certain dark blue or black jeans and "dress" trainers may look very trendy and smart if you are less than 30 years of age but jeans that are ripped, baggy, worn looking and of lighter tone and trainers that are "scuffed" and which appear "sporty" are not in Hum's etiquette guide as being deemed acceptable.

Hum hopes that he didn't criticise someone directly for their appearance if they were simply un-familiar with appropriate dress. Hum would be a cad if he did.

However Hum readily admits to being a snob but he would claim he is simply being respectful as the occasion deserves and to his fellow companions and crew (they make an effort, we should too, n'est pas ?).

Sorry, my dear Lord Hum

If my American English makes me sound dumb.

Out here in Chicago the word "slamming"

Can mean more than just damning.

I tried to sound a little more like a Brit

But I guess I'm too staid to be taken as a wit.

I did say "trainers" so you'd understand

They're gym shoes or sneaks in my native land.

It must have been someone else after all

Who grabbed the guy and threw him against the wall.

And that's what I understand a bulkhead to be

At least that's what it says in my OED.

Whilst a bulkhead is a kind of ceiling.

Linking the two together in some coherent meaning is where Hum is finding it difficult.

Further clarification would be appreciated.

Ok Ho, here we go. The side walls on ships are Bulkheads. The ceiling on a ship is the Overhead. The floor on a ship is the Deck. Doors are Hatches, except in the Hotel part of a passenger ship then they are pretty much doors. Thank God Bars are Bars almost universally. Capiche????:D

Sorry, my dear Lord Hum

If my American English makes me sound dumb.

Out here in Chicago the word "slamming"

Can mean more than just damning.

I tried to sound a little more like a Brit

But I guess I'm too staid to be taken as a wit.

I did say "trainers" so you'd understand

They're gym shoes or sneaks in my native land.

It must have been someone else after all

Who grabbed the guy and threw him against the wall.

And that's what I understand a bulkhead to be

At least that's what it says in my OED.

Good heavens Trapper !

What kinda guy do you think Hum is !!!!

Did the altercation happen on SD ?

An altercation over apparel ?

Extraordinary.

Ok Ho, here we go. The side walls on ships are Bulkheads. The ceiling on a ship is the Overhead. The floor on a ship is the Deck. Doors are Hatches, except in the Hotel part of a passenger ship then they are pretty much doors. Thank God Bars are Bars almost universally. Capiche????:D

Errr......capiche-ish ?

Is Hum wrong to call the entry steps when you board the ship a "gang plank" ?

If so, what is the correct expression ?

And what is a "gang plank" ?