.......idle jottings

ho-hum

My Mother is from England so Lois and I love periods of "English Weather" as well. One of our best trips was late November/early December. Cold, drizzly, but there is always a warm cheery pub. And almost no tourists.:D Oh yeah, was nutty enough to run a ship to and through Alaska.........even in the Winter. Makes SeaDream look like heaven.

Edited by Jim Avery

My Mother is from England so Lois and I love periods of "English Weather" as well. One of our best trips was late November/early December. Cold, drizzly, but there is always a warm cheery pub. And almost no tourists.:D Oh yeah, was nutty enough to run a ship to and through Alaska.........even in the Winter. Makes SeaDream look like heaven.

Err....Jim.

Come in Jim.

Come in Jim.

Are you hallucinating old fella ?

Are you out of meds ?

[quote=ho-hum;

Time we returned to the classic Sean Connery look and style.

Remember when the movie moguls come a callin', your agent Hum will look after the paperwork etc..

To folks out there who do not know what Jim looks like.

Think Sean Connery

"Now Pussy, you know a lot more about planes than guns. That's a Smith & Wesson 45, and if you fire at me at this close range, the bullet will pass through me and the fuselage like a blowtorch through butter.":eek:

Err....Jim.

Come in Jim.

Come in Jim.

Are you hallucinating old fella ?

Are you out of meds ?

My meds are Shaken, not Stirred.....Except when I am channeling Ian Fleming. In the books (and From Russia With Love) it was "stirred, not shaken". So as not to "bruise" the vodka. And think about it, James Bond Shaken????Never. He is always "Stirred".:eek::D Especially when he is on SeaDream having his martinis at the TOY Bar.:D

My meds are Shaken, not Stirred.....Except when I am channeling Ian Fleming. In the books (and From Russia With Love) it was "stirred, not shaken". So as not to "bruise" the vodka. And think about it, James Bond Shaken????Never. He is always "Stirred".:eek::D Especially when he is on SeaDream having his martinis at the TOY Bar.:D

Well thanks for clearing that one up old chum.

Have a nice weekend.

HH

Loved your final notes... Am now looking at SD in the Caribbean, something I hadn't really considered ( so much sun and sand in Brazil-kind of gets old after a while, lol).

The CE sounds lovely. My only concerns after review are the motion, as mentioned before, and the limited food hours. That really annoys me. It was my only real complaint when sailing Crystal ( Serenity) for the first time. I felt the hours were too strict and casual dining was not easy to find ( except for the wonderful Tastes). I always missed an outdoor dining venue.

So many great options! And the rooms and decor on CE seem to be my cup of tea.

Thanks again for the entertaining and informative review.

Thankyou kind lady.

Pop back here anytime but let us know what you think of SD.

Dear Mr. Hum,

Have thoroughly enjoyed your very detailed comparison between SD and CE. BUT I have one question! Which ship has the better "soul"? I know when CDreamer sailed on another line a few years ago, she said the ship was very nice and in some respects better than SD, but it lacked "soul." I found the same thing when we took another line to Alaska. So, how would you define "soul" and which of the two has more of it?

Vandrefalk

Vandrefalk, part of the soul of SeaDream is the fact that the crew have worked together for so long that they are a family. And the number of repeat passengers create another part of the soul. And when the two are combined, the ship rocks (in a good way). CE is too young to have that kind of soul. How about we sing "We Are Family" the next time we're on board together? Regards to the Colonel.

How right you are, Jim. But if I type Col. Clint I'm afraid I might hit the wrong key for that last letter. Vandrefalk and I do take requests nightly at the piano bar. Even though some of the requests, particularly from Zimmy, were to stop singing. You are always welcome to join us at the microphone. We're here all week.

sdii, lady v

I thought as much Mr. Hum. And you saved us two days each way of expensive air travel.:D Wish we were all on the same SD voyage again but we all chose different times on board last January. Very poor planning Mr. Hum......:eek:

Vandrefalk, part of the soul of SeaDream is the fact that the crew have worked together for so long that they are a family. And the number of repeat passengers create another part of the soul. And when the two are combined, the ship rocks (in a good way). CE is too young to have that kind of soul. How about we sing "We Are Family" the next time we're on board together? Regards to the Colonel.

Trapper, you are exactly right! But it is something that can be immediately apparent as well. I know our first SD cruise we felt something very special -- which is one reason we keep coming back. Not sure CE will ever reach that pinnacle, although they have a loyal following on their bigger ships.

Yes, we have a return engagement! And Col/Clint sends his regards to you as well!

Vandrefalk

Vandrefalk, I will never forget our first SD cruise. What was immediately apparent during the day and a half of storms coming out of San Juan was that I would never, ever go on a small ship again. Well, that was 13 cruises ago. Now we can't wait to be aboard again in May for the French Riviera. With you and ho-hum not being on board, do you think we stand a chance of being in the top three?

Thank you Ho Hum!

Danny and I fully enjoyed the CE vs Seadream review! And last comments!

Our hearts are with Seadream! Just love the soul of the yachts! Very much looking forward to seeing yourself and Blondie again for New Years!

Right now we're in St.Lucia escaping the deep freeze from the tundra! Haha!

Be well!

Kathy.x

Just arrived home after a wonderful fourteen night BTB aboard

SeaDream I.

With just over 200 nights on both ships, I have never before written

a note here in gushing praise to all the crew aboard who made this and past voyages so remarkable ... until now.

Captain Smorawski and his staff can take special pride in the wonderful condition of the ship and special kudos to Hotel Manager Christophe, Maitre-d Tomaslav; waitstaff Marin, Zsorbor, Angello, and Eugene; Barmen Danny and Christian ... along with many others who work so very had (always with a smile) to

make guests comfortable.

This was an exceptional journey and thanks to all for the kindnesses extended to us along the way. Wasn't surprised to

see Ho Hums final tally pitting Crystal against Sea Dream. After

this voyage, I really don't know what could compare.:)

Just arrived home after a wonderful fourteen night BTB aboard

SeaDream I.

With just over 200 nights on both ships, I have never before written

a note here in gushing praise to all the crew aboard who made this and past voyages so remarkable ... until now.

Captain Smorawski and his staff can take special pride in the wonderful condition of the ship and special kudos to Hotel Manager Christophe, Maitre-d Tomaslav; waitstaff Marin, Zsorbor, Angello, and Eugene; Barmen Danny and Christian ... along with many others who work so very had (always with a smile) to

make guests comfortable.

This was an exceptional journey and thanks to all for the kindnesses extended to us along the way. Wasn't surprised to

see Ho Hums final tally pitting Crystal against Sea Dream. After

this voyage, I really don't know what could compare.:)

Sounds terrific Commander!

Nice to know we are in good company! But with only 5 voyages with Seadream 1 and 2 . We have found no comparisons ....welcome home to the settlement! Haha!

Kathyanddanny! :)

You sir are probably the most deserving.

Hum values your friendship.

Now let's plan meeting up with wonderful Frau GCMV (E2, Dolomites, Germany, Heidelberg, Alsace.......etc).

Dearest GCMV, may Hum be permitted to make a suggestion ?

Why don't you use a translation app ?

Better still me old darling, Hum will do it for you.

Tell Hum if it works.

Promise ?

Now may Hum continue, dearest friend ?

Translation app was a great idea by ho-hum – it was the first time gcmv understood each and every word.:)

There’s another chance of meeting Herr and Frau gcmv in the last week of April, when we’re going for a short break to the Northern part of Germany.

Let’s meet on Föhr island but don’t forget to bring the warm skids – it could be a bit cold up there.:D

We could do some beach-walking, golfing, kite-surfing or other sports.

Gcmv found some nice restaurants and bars for the evenings – come on old chap – try to make an effort!;)

And finally, on our way back a visit of Hamburg?

Gcmv is sure – one day we’ll have an opportunity to talk, eat and drink together with our lovely missis.

Meanwhile ho-hum went on with the brand comparison – and Seadream is the Winner!

Not only for ho-hum, but as well for gcmv.

The possibility of eating always al fresco, the more stable yacht and the very personal touch of the staff count most for Seadream.

One day, Herr and Frau gcmv will be onboard again (that’s a warning and a promise) … ;)

No problem, Jim - there he is as an attachement (picture).

Ho-hum hanging under a kite would also look like an attachement ... :D

Kitesurfing_HoHum.jpg.cbf2539925449e5b74fe5ad8dbf14c4c.jpg

Edited by gcmv

No problem, Jim - there he is as an attachement (picture).

Ho-hum hanging under a kite would also look like an attachement ... :D

GCMV, your cartoon has captured Hum’s clueless expression just right !

And ineptitude (these days) at anything physical.

Oh and Hum is grateful for the “slim” look .

But for heaven’s sake GCMV give Hum his HAIR back !

It’s going ...... but for now Hum still has some (like you).

Haha

GCMV , haben Sie keine Ahnung Ausdruck des Hum genau das Richtige!

Und Ungeschicklichkeit ( in diesen Tagen ) bei etwas physisch.

Oh und Hum ist dankbar für die " schlank " Look.

Aber um Himmels willen GCMV geben Hum seine Haare zurück!

Es wird aber jetzt Hum hat noch einige ( wie Sie) .

Haha