.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Ho-Hum, while surfing the cleaner parts of the net, I came across websites that actually have "Bond Girl Name Generators". No kidding, there really is such. Just what you need to anoint Porto. And Porto, your post brought back pleasant memories of the 7 years we lived aboard our old (beautiful) Chris Craft. :D

Sounds just perfect Jim. Now, for that boat pic...start surfing a very public and popular SD forum...Porto just made a comment/post and you may find her?

Good Morning Hum,

I think enough boat photos for now. I can assure Jim that the Hull is not a Flat Bottom boat, and the Bow and Stern are in excellent shape, as well. Probably along the lines of a beautiful Chris Craft as she skims gracefully across the water with her polished wood and expensive leather interior. Only a select few will ever own one.

Ciao for now,

Contessa Di Portofino aka CP

Is it getting HOT here or is it Hum?

Phew!!!

What a wit, what a talent, what a sport!!

We adore you Contessa.

Have one flight that works......9:15am departing STT. Anyone in STT this winter and how soon could you leave the ship? Is Customs still on board or, like SJU, are you kicked off the ship early? Thanks.:D. Its been years since we disembarked in STT.

OK chums, so "what the Dickens" is SD doing, operating in/out of STT for if it is so darn difficult ?

Possible reasons:

1. Cheaper port charges

2. Captain has a girlfriend there

3. Owner had an apparition (again!) along the lines of "if you dock there, people will come"

4. Sheer stupidity

5. Owner hates Jim

6. SD owe port charges at PR

7. Captain has two girlfriends there !

Heck Charlie, just put us all out of our misery and lend him the "ruddy" private jet !

Yes Hum knows he can be a bit rowdy after imbibing too much tequila but that was decades ago and he has changed, settled down and his lady controls most things these days anyhow.

It would be like "Flying Mr.Daisy".

Promise (subject to conditions you can download at the end of this post).

Hum does have great sympathies with those that cant abide STT.

One of the "tola" islands, if Hum is not mistaken.

Hum has heard many call it "Schitola".

Yes, you leave the sanity, peace and intimacy of the boat to be taken to "El Grando Dumpo" airport where you are thrown into hordes of every kind of degenerate and moron, showing far too much flesh, dressed like "Gawd knows what" surrounded by roaming gangs of 3 year old hooligans who nonchalantly disregard screaming mothers and fathers stares of fury.

And there is no Executive Lounge!

Yikes!

It is hot, sweaty, noisy and everyone is "pessed" too !

The "perfect storm" !

St.Thomas. Patron saint of builders and India. So spot on then!

It kinda resembles a dis-organised, building site in India with swarms of people in the heat!

St.Thomas. Known as "doubting Thomas". Again spot on. After going through STT, you very much doubt you ever want to do it again!

Heck it does test our loyalty, doesn't it?

Tell SD.

Hum's airport technique is to take a VERY LARGE book with him.

The book has a large, clear bold title which is prominently displayed.

The book is called:""DON'T LET YOUR UN-CONTROLLABLE RAGE KILL AGAIN"!

And why is it that the one complete moron you met on the boat which you avoided at all costs on said ruddy boat is now the one person you find yourself sitting next too !

Or it's the wife who wont stop "yabbering" away about a complete range of banalities, gross medical conditions (oh no, not about a leg or other such limb but about "the waterworks"!) and how she no longer gets on with her sister and ends up crying hysterically drawing attention from "gawping" morons who look at YOU hatefully as if you are the perpetrator of this loud wailing, wet, wreck, dripping on your white linen shirt and imparting black mascara stains around the shoulder!

Oh to travel ! Meet interesting people, they say.

Is it just Jim having difficulties or does anyone else have a problem ? No, a real problem not general irritation.

"Flying Mr. Daisy"? You're gonna pay for that one Hummy! But yes, send the jet! It will make my day much better. We have worked it out in a rather strange way that involves a couple of hotels but what the heck, we are loyalists, right? Obviously you have enjoyed the ambiance of STT too. Just hardly gets better than that. I do believe you are on to something with your list of reasons to use STT. I believe number 5 is most likely given my comments about him in past reviews of cruises I have shared with El Supremo. Keep up the good work Mr. Hum and remember to follow Doctor's orders about limiting your wine consumption to ONE case per day.:eek::D

I wonder if Gabriel Ponce is from Ponce, PR? I used to work out of Ponce, PR years ago. Nice part of the island back then. I think SeaDream put in there on an itinerary or two last year. Always sorry to see good people leave but, in all reality, very few of us work our entire lives at sea. You do it for the adventure, for the money (mostly for the money) and for the experience. Then do something ashore where you can have "normal" relationships and family life.:D

Yes indeed, Gabriel Ponce's hereditary is linked both to the area and to the family that it is named after, which he is very proud of too.

It is pronounced "Pon-say": he has suffered the rash, ignorant quips by a few over a season (sadly mostly from Brits where the meaning is a derogatory term).

You are so right in your observations about those sea workers; well you would know better than Hum of course, far better. Hum's experience is limited only to the fabulous crew on one tiny little ship over a few years but your observation can be confirmed by Hum.

Hum is always mindful of this fact. It is a "bitter sweet" feeling meeting back up with the crew yet knowing they would prefer to be with their true loved ones at the end of the working day.

And when you return onboard months later and they STILL have not seen their family!

Well it does affect Hum: extra hugs dont compensate but Hum feels so moved.

Even for the young men and women onboard in "lowly" positions, Hum feels a sense of life's sheer un-fairness in knowing that many of the crew are so very highly qualified in their home countries but the economic circumstances there just cannot support them in even a moderate standard of living.

As passengers, at least we can be jolly nice to them whilst onboard so that we dont exacerbate the situation.

But what of the large "factory" ships?

Oh Hum's just a "big softie". It's life, get over it!

Even so, if your soup course is running a tad slow then bear that in mind.

And if they do something nice, well ruddy tell them.

Aah but the passengers on SD are a jolly nice bunch too.

Suppose that's why Hum loves the silly little boat so.

"Flying Mr. Daisy"? You're gonna pay for that one Hummy! But yes, send the jet! It will make my day much better. We have worked it out in a rather strange way that involves a couple of hotels but what the heck, we are loyalists, right? Obviously you have enjoyed the ambiance of STT too. Just hardly gets better than that. I do believe you are on to something with your list of reasons to use STT. I believe number 5 is most likely given my comments about him in past reviews of cruises I have shared with El Supremo. Keep up the good work Mr. Hum and remember to follow Doctor's orders about limiting your wine consumption to ONE case per day.:eek::D

Haha.

Hum employs the "blokes standard inverse approach" to the most highly regarded chums where the cheekiest comments apply.

So, come on, what's the plan OUT and BACK ?

Tonight's the night !

One of the crew ("starring" in the film) has managed to obtain an extract of the SD element of the film and has posted it on a popular social media site. The response has been phenomenal by chums and what is particularly gratifying, is that the crew and many, many former crew (who we have stayed chums and in contact with: including a Captain) are excited too. We are delighted by their positive response and feel assured that if it has done one thing, it has strengthened the relationship with the fabulous crew.

Honestly, these are the one people we don't wish to let down. Honestly too, they come out really well. Well no surprise there ! Well you just dont know how the film could be edited (skewered) do you ? Christophe is a star. Wonderful. Oslo are most happy. So we are expecting a free cruise ! Yeah right (we hear you Commander). Unfortunately, unlike our "posh" travel agents they haven't capitalised on promoting SD, so at least there will remain cabins available for seasons to come. Which is good for us, yet it's yet another opportunity missed.

Back online now HoHum. Sky planner taped for tonight, wine and bubbly chilling to watch it, can't wait! , house almost finished, France V Romania tonight. Told my fabulous Romanian handiman 'Dan the man ' I'm supporting his home country tonight then turning over to BBC2 to watch YOU!!!:):)

Back online now HoHum. Sky planner taped for tonight, wine and bubbly chilling to watch it, can't wait! , house almost finished, France V Romania tonight. Told my fabulous Romanian handiman 'Dan the man ' I'm supporting his home country tonight then turning over to BBC2 to watch YOU!!!:):)

No pressure then !!!

Yikes !!

Give it to Hum straight Poppy (your review) after you have seen Hum making a "tit" of himself!.

Waddya REALLY think ?

It's getting close over in the UK. I suspect Mr. Hum is arising from his nappy and beginning the task of preparation for the Red Carpet Moment. I wonder what time the Rolls picks them up??:D

"Pick them up" (in a Rolls) ! You gotta be kiddin'.

The crowds outside the gates are 20 deep!

The helicopter is arriving soon, to City of London airport, cavalcade to the theatre (private showing with Liz and Phil, bless 'em), make up, being dressed, interviews, drinky-poohs and then settle down for the performance.

Maybe a few nightclubs after.

Oh to be there and experience it with the principles. Here in the Colonies the program starts at 2:00pm and must be taped to enjoy later in the evening with the requisite liquid refreshments. Hope the BBC will be showing the after party.

Oh to be there and experience it with the principles. Here in the Colonies the program starts at 2:00pm and must be taped to enjoy later in the evening with the requisite liquid refreshments. Hope the BBC will be showing the after party.

You are seeing it on your TV in "Trumpland"?

You must tell our former Colonial cousins how (you know how hopeless Jim is with tekknoldgey ?).

Nice to hear from you stranger.

Love to y'all.

You are seeing it on your TV in "Trumpland"?

You must tell our former Colonial cousins how (you know how hopeless Jim is with tekknoldgey ?).

Nice to hear from you stranger.

Love to y'all.

Yes, please help all of us techno limited Hum Chums here in Trumpland. I downloaded the Filmon App but cannot figure out how to find BBC 2 on it?

Really having a very Blonde moment:(

Just settling down here in the settlements, awaiting a link from the BBC for the

long (long) awaited Hum and Blondie bioepic.

Started melting down the butter for the popcorn and discovered we are out. So

hitched up the wagon, and down to the market for a couple of bags. I suppose

the crowd at the Hum manse will be savoring champagne and caviar, but here in

the wilds, we've had to pinch back a little with our deteriorating dollar and all.

All the best to you both as you bask in your moment (ever so fleeting) of fame.

Eagerly anticipating the reviews in the morning papers, which I am certain

will be raves.

Just settling down here in the settlements, awaiting a link from the BBC for the

long (long) awaited Hum and Blondie bioepic.

Started melting down the butter for the popcorn and discovered we are out. So

hitched up the wagon, and down to the market for a couple of bags. I suppose

the crowd at the Hum manse will be savoring champagne and caviar, but here in

the wilds, we've had to pinch back a little with our deteriorating dollar and all.

All the best to you both as you bask in your moment (ever so fleeting) of fame.

Eagerly anticipating the reviews in the morning papers, which I am certain

will be raves.

Oh you beautiful, beautiful man.

Sadly Hum and Blondie are apart ce soir.

Todays papers have us "splashed across" the TV guide.

Our Majesty is second on the highlights.

Totally wrong!

Fame means nought, friendship means everything.

Cannot believe you are seeing it in real time.[/font

Went through the an app called unotelly (http://www.unotelly.com). You can also use any other app service which would block the BBC geo source blocking capability. This provides the capability of outsmarting BBC from knowing we're watching outside of the UK on our devices. Then you can watch, re-watch or record for posterity (or use snippets for your own purposes) the BBC2 programs on their iplayer. If your tv is web enabled, you can do it all thru the tv (we have a Samsung). Sorry for not posting earlier.

Went through the an app called unotelly (http://www.unotelly.com). You can also use any other app service which would block the BBC geo source blocking capability. This provides the capability of outsmarting BBC from knowing we're watching outside of the UK on our devices. Then you can watch, re-watch or record for posterity (or use snippets for your own purposes) the BBC2 programs on their iplayer. If your tv is web enabled, you can do it all thru the tv (we have a Samsung). Sorry for not posting earlier.

This worked great on my PC (Windows 10). Thanks so much for the heads up. We just finished watching the show and I must say that it was fantastic. Made us long for SD not to mention the fabulous crew, HH and Blondie! Hope everybody has the opportunity to watch this episode.