.......idle jottings

ho-hum

Dearest ho(ld)-hum,

excellent! You hold the chair for jokes and jottings .... :D

Hi gcmv, you might like this one (and anybody else out there).

Once upon a time, a powerful Emperor of the Rising Sun advertised for a Chief Samurai.

Only three applied for the job: a Japanese, a Chinese, and a Jewish Samurai.

The Emperor asked them to demonstrate their skills.

The Japanese samurai stepped forward, opened a tiny box, and released a fly. He drew his sword and Swish! the fly fell to the floor, divided in two!

"What skill!" said the Emperor.

The Chinese samurai smiled, stepped forward and also opened a tiny box, releasing a fly. He drew his sword and Swish! Swish! the fly fell to the floor, sliced into four parts.

"Amazing! said the Emperor.

The Jewish samurai, Obi-wan Cohen, stepped forward, opened a tiny box, releasing one fly.

He drew his sword and flourished his sword so mightily that a gust of wind blew through the room, but the fly was still buzzing about!

In disappointment, the Emperor said, "What kind of skill is that? The fly isn't even dead."

I know, said the Jew. "Dead is easy, but circumcision takes real skill.

I am with you on the line dancing, have tried Creme de Menthe and don't like it, not sure about the women's clothes. It was a bit fuzzy out that night but yes, a river cruise in Europe is "on the list". I don't think the oldie rule exists there any more than on cruises as we have several youngish friends that have really enjoyed them. Several of the lines are moving more upscale with all inclusive plans and emphasis on dining. I have traveled the Rhine Valley years ago as a backpacking University student and would love to revisit that part of the world without the sleeping in parks part. Just wondered if you had participated in such nearby pursuits. It is dependent on airfares and, lately, they are out of line. In order to have a human sized piece of space on a tin tube, they charge more than 8 days all inclusive on a cruise. Makes no sense other than they can get away with piracy these days. A rant for another day.

Of course Jim you are probably right (as usual) there must be a whole range of river cruises to suit ALL. Ho hum was being plain silly.

Try looking at Viking and TAUCK which two former SD senior management now work for.

They seem quite tempting and the accommodation looks great.

Yes the air flights are a bummer.

You advised about the gout drug a while back.

Ho hum has one drug for "flares" and another to reduce the uric acid levels (which ho hum takes every day). The "flare" has abated as HH caught it early. Thanks again though Jim.

Does anything trigger your "flares" Jim ?

Of course Jim you are probably right (as usual) there must be a whole range of river cruises to suit ALL. Ho hum was being plain silly.

Try looking at Viking and TAUCK which two former SD senior management now work for.

They seem quite tempting and the accommodation looks great.

Yes the air flights are a bummer.

You advised about the gout drug a while back.

Ho hum has one drug for "flares" and another to reduce the uric acid levels (which ho hum takes every day). The "flare" has abated as HH caught it early. Thanks again though Jim.

Does anything trigger your "flares" Jim ?

Too much good food and drink. Silly me but they usually occur after cruises. Supposedly, beer is the worst. Is there any hope left????

We from the settlement are having a blast!! Haha!...we have been following HH and Blondie around the Yacht because they seem to know the best places to sit!..it's worked out so far...

But I must confess...HH does not look like Mick at all....more like a Bee Gee brother. Again just teasing HH..haha!

And just to even the score where Blondies attire is involved both Mary and I totally approve! And we look forward to see the next stunning dress she wears...

It's all good!

Well thankyou Kathy.

Ho hum does NOT look like Mick Hucknall !

But one of the Bee Gees ?

Is that any better, really ?

No this has been settled once before.

Attached is a photo of HH on a "Stop kids on SD protest" in the early 90's.

Talking about kids.

Sorry to report but there is a divinely handsome and wonderfully mannered young boy of 12 years old whose company and mature thought, ho hum has thoroughly enjoyed.

After lunch, he wandered over and began chatting as if HE was making HH feel included.

Extraordinary.

Aware of his obvious maturity and common sense and having met up with the parents a couple of times, HH felt he could ask the following:

Have you been on SD before ? Yes

Do you like it ? Oh Yes

Dont you get bored ? No

Would you really prefer another type of holiday ? Maybe but I like SD

Have you travelled anywhere else ? Yes London & Dubai

Do you like London ? Yes, it has so many interesting places to visit and I love the restaurants.

And what about Dubai ? It is too new and everything is the same.

Now you are obviously a smart guy, what do you think about kids on SD ? Well I dont want them pissing in the pool.

What the hell did you just say ? Not to piss in the pool.

Oh. So do you think there should be an age limit ? No not really. It all depends on the person.

Well thanks for sharing your views. Thats alright, if you want to know anything else just ask.

You are very kind, ho hum will.

Bye. Bye.

Now the night before ho hum asked his father if his sons are always well behaved.

No way but they raise their standard when onboard.

Why ? Hell knows. But its great is'nt it ? Yes, guess so.

Another drink. Hell yes.

Look folks even King Herod would be moved by this boy !

Hell in 2 years time he will be 14 !

Would he then want to "hang out" with a guy old enough to be his grandfather !

Most likely, NO !

Even if he does look like one of the Bee Gees !

WHO ?

Now it just goes to prove.....its about the parenting.

Ho hum would miss not seeing him on future voyages.

Ho hum would also like to clarify that his replies were not just simple yes and no's.

God, ho hum would love to give him a big hug !

Ho hum counts his friendship up there with Kathy & Danny and their friends.

With whom we are eating with tonight !

Whoopeee !

And so we have concluded our dinner and all HH can say is WOW !

What a lovely couple, K&D are and their friends are equally amazing.

Thanks for a wonderful evening.

And before that the young boy was in the bar with his parents of course and well he was brilliant.

God ho hum loves this boat and the people on it......all except one !!!!!!

image.jpg.74773a8d89a6bf658d20fb141a804672.jpg

Ho hum does NOT look like Mick Hucknall !

But one of the Bee Gees ?

Is that any better, really ?

Let gcmv think about this new comparison – hmmmm … :confused: :rolleyes:

The Bee Gees remind gcmv of “Tragedy”, “Stayin’ alive”, “You should be dancing” or “I started a joke” – yes, all these titles fit perfectly together with ho-hum … ;)

Only the pipes of ho-hum sound deeper (no wonder after all that stuff consumed) … :D

HB Ralph.

Doing anything special ?

Yes - working a lot, as always ... :cool:

Small interruptions by writing at idle jottings to my dearest ho-hum ... :)

Tonight we'll be eight of 8 us (gcmv has definitely 6 friends to join him for a birthday party). Well, gcmv is not quite sure why they come?

Perhaps they like to see Frau gcmv, they like the menu, they like the Riesling or there's nothing on TV ... :D

We'll have a "gcmv-home-stained" (?) Thuna (Sashimi quality with an edible wild herbs salad and a homemade Lemon-jam-dressing with ginger and other things) as a starter.

I'll save you further details - only the Wines:

Savignon Blanc from Palatina and Riesling from Palatina/Rheingau

Cheers - greetings to lovely blondie - you can have a drink on me tonight onboard! :)

Give us a wave then..... I trust that the wonderful Shermann has your Cabana Suit freshly pressed and ready to go for today. Debonair as always. We will get you a proper Straw Pork Pie in Gustavia to go with it.

Stay in the shade, mon ami. if you want a bottle of Jim's tonic pour "la gout", just ask.

So you know what day it is today and you know what happens on the penultimate day ?

Champagne & Caviar Splash

Wait just a minute. I thought this happy event had unfortunately been renamed The Caviar Splash. Are they back to the prior name now? We can only hope.....

Thank you HH and Blondie!!

We had a fantastic time! You two are sweet ,genuine, down to earth people and it was an honor to share fun times with you. Dinner with all of us and the Captain was the highlight of the week! We look forward to catching up on a future voyage one day soon. Until then....enjoy the rest and keep safe!

Kathy, Danny.

P.s.

Take care of Goran for us! 😃

Ah, I see yet another fellow Cannuck has come under the spell of that fair skinned, smooth talker, bon vivant from 'the posh parts", known here as Mr Ho-Hum.

Ever the intrepid inquisitor, like a lion stalking his prey he brings you into his circle, all the while sizing you

up for membership in his exclusive fraternity. Ah, dear Kathy, you and your DH Danny have fallen like many before you,

but aren't you lucky. In this age of political correctness and ass kissers, isn't it refreshing to have the chance to spend some time with those above the fray ... all the while savoring the pleasures the "good life" affords.

Sounds like your first few days aboard SD are meeting expectations BUT when at Eden Rock I hope you

had the chance to partake of the gazpacho, perhaps the best you'll ever enjoy. Anyway, at least you

are missing the frigid temperatures back home in "the settlements", which don't seem to be abating

any time soon.

Commander,

Yes, it's true! We have been initiated into the web...haha.

Was lovely meeting both Ho Hum and Blondie, we had some great laughs with them. Sorry, did not try the cold soup or gazpacho but I am sure it's yummy...:eek:

Back home to the white stuff, and also sadly...finding a leak in our roof! Grrrrr.

No matter! My mind is still walking the beach in Anguilla...mmmmm hopefully we will get to meet many of you C.Cers in the near future....lord knows! Looks like Seadream will see quite a lot of us.

Kathy, Danny

Edited by kathyanddanny

Commander,

Yes, it's true! We have been initiated into the web...haha.

Was lovely meeting both Ho Hum and Blondie, we had some great laughs with them. Sorry, did not try the cold soup or gazpacho but I am sure it's yummy...:eek:

Back home to the white stuff, and also sadly...finding a leak in our roof! Grrrrr.

No matter! My mind is still walking the beach in Anguilla...mmmmm hopefully we will get to meet many of you C.Cers in the near future....lord knows! Looks like Seadream will see quite a lot of us.

Kathy, Danny

K&D's comments simply demonstrate how kind, generous and fun they were (including their wonderful friends) not just to us but others onboard especially the crew and Captain.

What is it about people from Montreal ?

At the risk of nauseating others (and Raggy in particular)... We must finally say thanks once again, your friendship is valued tremendously....now get that roof fixed, if we are coming to stay...we are, right ?

PS you can rule out in winter though ! When is the snow less than 10 feet high and the temperatures higher than 0 degree or as you would say...SUMMER !

Edited by ho-hum

Guest Comment Card & Scores for last week

1. Yacht Embarkation: 10*

2. Stateroom Appointments: 8.5 (good enough, everything works-ish. It is a yacht after all)

3. Stateroom Stewardesses: 10

4. Cuisine: 10

5. Restaurant Services: 10

6. Bar Services & Sommelier: 10

7. Concierge / Reception & Shop: 10

8. Onboard Recreation: 10 (new music system to TOYB: finally ! Way too generous: 8.5 really)

9. Shoreside Activities: 10

10. Ports of Call: 9 (even tho' HH hates St.T)

11. Spa Services: 10

12. Overall Appearance of the Yacht: 8.5 (spend some money O)

13. Overall Impression of your Voyage: 9

Comments

Love the ship.

Love the crew.

Relations with O "turned a corner" but no "va-va-voom": this HH must accept but its so hard.

* HH overlooked no port map because ladies really put on a show for Valentine's boarding.

Pretty impressive scores ehh.....there have been a few significant minor improvements throughout. Congratulations O but must try harder.

(How do you like them facts Cabbie ? Facts: indeed !)

Edited by ho-hum

K&D's comments simply demonstrate how kind, generous and fun they were (including their wonderful friends) not just to us but others onboard especially the crew and Captain.

What is it about people from Montreal ?

At the risk of nauseating others (and Raggy in particular)... We must finally say thanks once again, your friendship is valued tremendously....now get that roof fixed, if we are coming to stay...we are, right ?

PS you can rule out in winter though ! When is the snow less than 10 feet high and the temperatures higher than 0 degree or as you would say...SUMMER !

One Love!.. One Heart!..Lets get together and it will be alright!!!....🌴

HO Hum, we would be hurt if you came through Montreal and did not give us a shout! You are more than welcome to stay with us in our humble abode with ( fixed roof ) whenever you wish!? But to be safe! I would suggest anywhere from late June to September. Anything weather wise can happen before....haha!

Photo of our tropical Island to come as it looks now...😱

One Love!.. One Heart!..Lets get together and it will be alright!!!....🌴

HO Hum, we would be hurt if you came through Montreal and did not give us a shout! You are more than welcome to stay with us in our humble abode with ( fixed roof ) whenever you wish!? But to be safe! I would suggest anywhere from late June to September. Anything weather wise can happen before....haha!

Photo of our tropical Island to come as it looks now...😱

Years ago, when I worked in the Frozen North, I remember Summer. It was the 4th of July. The day before was "Spring" and the day after was "Autumn". All the rest was Winter......:eek::D

Jim,

You must have been here!...LOL

Friends have been asking when we will be joining them on an arctic voyage?!

Why!? When I have icebergs hanging from my roof! Haha. We put the boat away and get our skidoos ready.

ANGUILLA!!!! Take me back!!!... by the way...it's very hard to speak to someone who comes from a place called Sun Valley!! Haha!

Edited by kathyanddanny

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252

{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;}

{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}

\deftab720

\pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf0 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0

\outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 }

The settlement!! LOL

Beautiful, Kathy........so still and peaceful looking (and very, very cold !)