Radiance Class Balcony Size

They are deeper, but the balcony dividers don't go all the way as deep as the balcony....so you'll have just a rail separating you from your neighbors for about 2 ft. So, you get more space, but less privacy.

Edited by cb at sea

We loved our deck 7 towards the aft balcony. It was great for sitting out for breaky. The forward ones would be a different feel, but the one we had on Radiance was something I would recommend. Yes, there seems less privacy, but in our experience we had plenty of privacy. It will depend on those around you, but if you are a bit back from the front of the balcony area we felt it quite protected. On Deck 10 people look around partitions too!

We have a website that I am working on that has more pics and maybe that would help you get a feel of it.

Sorry I am still working out the link...I will put the link in my signature for the website, but the page about deck 7 is on it drop down menu about radiance trip 2014

Edited by goodycruising

Check out the balconies at the very front and back ends of the hump (part of the ship that bows out). These balconies are larger in most cases and they have full length partitions between for more privacy. Good location and in our experience quiet as well.:)

Check out the balconies at the very front and back ends of the hump (part of the ship that bows out). These balconies are larger in most cases and they have full length partitions between for more privacy. Good location and in our experience quiet as well.:)

Honestly, if I can score 7608 again I would jump all over that. We had that on the Serenade and I loved it. But if I can't get it once we settle on the exact week, then I have to have options.

Honestly, if I can score 7608 again I would jump all over that. We had that on the Serenade and I loved it. But if I can't get it once we settle on the exact week, then I have to have options.

Good Luck! I hope you get it!!:D

We are in 9660 aft for our upcoming B2B on the Jewel, We have been in the cabin next to it in the past and loved the large and deep balcony with the panoramic views, so we are looking forward to this on this cruise.

I just booked 7594 in an economy move for an autumn cruise on the Jewel (Pacific Coastal) which is on the forward part of the hump. I know the balcony is nice from reading previous reports. Since the weather will be much cooler than on a Caribbean cruise I don't expect to spend as much time out on the balcony, so am going for convenience instead. I am hoping the noise factor from the Centrum won't be a huge issue. I have read conflicting reports on that. We don't go to bed extremely early, so am not overly worried.

Ginny, since 7594 is on the starboard side there is a curved wall separating it from the Centrum, so the noise will be muffled by that wall.

I was going to say that September/October are the nicest months, weather-wise, on the Pacific coast, but I see you are from AZ, so you probably would consider it cool!

Ginny, since 7594 is on the starboard side there is a curved wall separating it from the Centrum, so the noise will be muffled by that wall.

I was going to say that September/October are the nicest months, weather-wise, on the Pacific coast, but I see you are from AZ, so you probably would consider it cool!

I am glad to hear about the wall muffling the noise. I will check it out when I am on the Jewel in May.

Yes, I am afraid we will be needing our long johns on that cruise! However, if I am surprised and the weather is warm enough for us I am looking forward to the nice balcony. I understand that 7594 has a nice balcony set up.:)