Century Cova Cafe Coffee to go - paper cups?

SA71

If you want to take coffee back to your room or you want to wander about with coffee in hand, is it served in a paper cup ala starbucks style? Or do you get a real mug?

Can you get latte/mocha/americano in the MDR at breakfast or do you have to get it at the caffe before you go for breakfast?

Thanks.

If you want to take coffee back to your room or you want to wander about with coffee in hand, is it served in a paper cup ala starbucks style? Or do you get a real mug?

Can you get latte/mocha/americano in the MDR at breakfast or do you have to get it at the caffe before you go for breakfast?

Thanks.

You may ask for either. Also you can take away a selection of pastries etc.

Thanks.

Cova Cafe opens at 7 am and you can get a to go cup or have it in fine china if you drink it there. They do not serve the speciality coffees in the buffet.

We just enjoyed 19 days on the Century and spent a lot of time in Cova, they have great servers there.

We were on the Century in Jan and noticed that they had the paper cups (as stated earlier.) One thing I did notice was that if you did get it to go (in the paper cup) it seemed like you ended up getting more coffee/latte than if you had in a regular cup. This is just my observations......does anyone else think this?

We were on the Century in Jan and noticed that they had the paper cups (as stated earlier.) One thing I did notice was that if you did get it to go (in the paper cup) it seemed like you ended up getting more coffee/latte than if you had in a regular cup. This is just my observations......does anyone else think this?

I have the same perception -- it seems like lattes in the "to go" paper cups are larger than in the china cups. I've noticed this not just on Century, but on other Celebrity ships as well.

Will they allow you to use insulated mugs that you bring with you instead of the paper cups? Sometimes we like to take a coffee back to our room, especially in the evening and the insulated mugs keeps it nice and warm. Mind you I don't know how Celebrity will go with me turning up with my HAL Insulated Mug :)

Will they allow you to use insulated mugs that you bring with you instead of the paper cups? Sometimes we like to take a coffee back to our room, especially in the evening and the insulated mugs keeps it nice and warm. Mind you I don't know how Celebrity will go with me turning up with my HAL Insulated Mug :)

Yes, insulated mugs are fine. My husband took ours to Al Bacio every morning and brought back coffee to drink in our cabin. The few times we didn't bring them, they joked about it and asked where the blue cups were. :)