Singapore...shuttle buses from port?

bobhsv

Does Celebrity offer a shuttle bus from the Singapore Marina port to any nearby hotels? We are attempting to book a tour, with instructions for pickup from any hotel close to the port....whatever they may be:D I am assuming Marina Bay Sands is one. There may be a closer one???

We were on Celebrity round trip from Singapore last month. We took a taxi to the port from our hotel (Swissotel in Clark Quay).

When we got to the ship, asked at Guest Services if there would be taxis available to go back into Singapore that evening, and were assured there would be.

We left the ship about 5:00 and waited in a short line, with four other couples, at least 45 minutes for a taxi to come by. Very frustrating.

I don't know if this helps at all. If you're looking at Celebrity to provide any transportation, I don't think you will find it.

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I have been reading re the lack of taxis. We may have to come up with another plan, seeing we are at the port already (2 days end of cruise). Pity Celebrity don't offer transport out of the port.

Thanks again.

It is possible to get back to the port area using public transport. Take the MRT North-South line to Marina Bay, then use the A exit and walk to the bus stop on Marina Street, then Bus No 402 for 4 stops.

Too late now for you, but it may help others.

Taxis can be like gold-dust at peak periods or if it's raining.

It is possible to get back to the port area using public transport. Take the MRT North-South line to Marina Bay, then use the A exit and walk to the bus stop on Marina Street, then Bus No 402 for 4 stops.

That's really helpful. Thank you

Thanks. This is perfect. btw I may have misled you...we are not in Singapore yet. What I meant was we are doing the southbound cruise, with Singapore our last port for 2 days before disembarking. You must of thought I was mad asking directions whilst already in port of Singapore:D:D

Thanks again:)

We are there right now for three days two nights but not on Celebrity.

It is true that there is no guarantee late in the day that a taxi will be there. But you could reserve one yourself. Walk out there earlier in the day when they will be there and have the driver make arrangements for you.

Keith