rhapsody of the seas

hi, we where on the rhapsody on 11th feb around the islands, the second day our cabin flooded the gear on the ground all wet was given free laundry ok. we went out so they could fix it, when we got back big fan blowing, my partner did not like the smell so went down to let them know, was told they where going to put new carpet down, if I had not said anything we where expected to stay there they ended up giving us another cabin, from 7 with dble bed in middle, to 2 with bed up against wall having to get over partner to clime over to get out. we got them to make 2 singles we had to pack our self and give our gear to person to take down my partner end up with bad back.that was the start off our cruise. I got pain patches for rest of cruise, then they moved us back the room looked great mmmm no toilet in mourn till last 2 days. when we called on the phone the wire fell out when they went to fix they pulled it all out no phone. they said there was $200 from our booking mob, then they gave us $200, and they said they would give us 30% off next cruise. have not herd from them. nice ship, entertainers good, there shows no, drinks package great, chefs table & chops great they gave us a extra chops , go again no, stick with p&o and princess. mozza

hi, we where on the rhapsody on 11th feb around the islands, the second day our cabin flooded the gear on the ground all wet was given free laundry ok. we went out so they could fix it, when we got back big fan blowing, my partner did not like the smell so went down to let them know, was told they where going to put new carpet down, if I had not said anything we where expected to stay there they ended up giving us another cabin, from 7 with dble bed in middle, to 2 with bed up against wall having to get over partner to clime over to get out. we got them to make 2 singles we had to pack our self and give our gear to person to take down my partner end up with bad back.that was the start off our cruise. I got pain patches for rest of cruise, then they moved us back the room looked great mmmm no toilet in mourn till last 2 days. when we called on the phone the wire fell out when they went to fix they pulled it all out no phone. they said there was $200 from our booking mob, then they gave us $200, and they said they would give us 30% off next cruise. have not herd from them. nice ship, entertainers good, there shows no, drinks package great, chefs table & chops great they gave us a extra chops , go again no, stick with p&o and princess. mozza

i really cant see what the problem is, your cabin got flooded and they tried to fix the problem with the big fan and then they put down new carpet, not sure what you mean about the toilet or phone but they compensated you for your trouble and that can happen on any ship

try and use spell check as its hard to understand what you mean

i really cant see what the problem is, your cabin got flooded and they tried to fix the problem with the big fan and then they put down new carpet, not sure what you mean about the toilet or phone but they compensated you for your trouble and that can happen on any ship

try and use spell check as its hard to understand what you mean

Agreed, a few issues, but they tried to compensate.

It's not as though everything always goes perfectly with pretty much anything, but at least they tried to rectify (by moving) and compensate.

Those aren't normal issues that happen to every cruiser, so it's not indicate that the line is bad.

OP, just wondering how did the cabin get flooded?

it happened to us on one cruise and they tried to dry out the carpet by having the big fan but they had to renew the carpet....we didnt make a big fuss over it and we never got any compensation, it didnt bother us that much

OP, just wondering how did the cabin get flooded?

It happens when the toilet will not stop flushing.

When it happened to us, the toilet had done its work and started to refill but then kept on filling and filling until it overflowed....fortunatetly with clean water.

A phone call to the front desk brings stewards and plumbers running. We first saw the steward staggering towards our cabin under a pile of towels he brought to try and stop the water from flowing into the cabin. Next step is to get everything up off the floor and onto the beds.

Once the water has been stopped they usually lift the carpet and bring in big industrial fans to dry it out. Unfortunately for us the drain on the electrical circuit was too great and the fan kept cutting out.

Cruising is such fun:D:D

Lesson of the day .... When cruising if the plumbing does not seem to be 100% ...report it and have it looked at before things go wrong..... and if the steward says not to worry it will be OK , and you know its not , ring the front desk and ask for it to be checked .

the toilet did not over flow, it came from main pipe, the toilet had no suck shin,if we where on 2 we would been sinking we had no phone. we will stick with p&o & princess thank you mozza

It happens when the toilet will not stop flushing.

When it happened to us, the toilet had done its work and started to refill but then kept on filling and filling until it overflowed....fortunatetly with clean water.

Cruising is such fun:D:D

So the drain in the bathroom floor doesn't get rid of a lot of water, just a little. like shower overflow? I thought it would be better than that.

Such things can & do happen on all cruise lines.

I have cruised on Royal 5 times now with not a single incident I can recall.

One day something may go wrong but it's nobody's fault in most cases, so you just have to get on with it & not let it ruin your cruise.

Why packing your own gear also would give you a bad back unless you already had issues is a mystery.

I wouldn't be letting anyone pack my belongings to move cabins, they may miss something & I don't want them handling my belongings anyway.

All a bit strange & the way the original post is written makes it a little difficult to fully understand exactly what happened throughout the whole experience. :confused:

Sorry to hear you had a bad cruising experience.

Good to hear it hasn't put you off cruising for good! :)

G'day Mozza,

It was nice to meet you on this cruise and to talk to you about your cabin problems and your cruising experience. I guess what some repliers are missing is that you paid for a product 'a cabin type' (just as well you did not book the Royal Suite) and basically in 11 days did not get it.

Rhapsody's resolution system did not appear to be working at all on this cruise with most being told to write their complaints down on the after cruise Survey, which in turn is probably not going to get the problem resolved at all. Which is unusual because RCI are normally better than that, or is it a change in the system.

Maybe I will sail with you again one day...

G'day Mozza,

It was nice to meet you on this cruise and to talk to you about your cabin problems and your cruising experience. I guess what some repliers are missing is that you paid for a product 'a cabin type' (just as well you did not book the Royal Suite) and basically in 11 days did not get it.

Rhapsody's resolution system did not appear to be working at all on this cruise with most being told to write their complaints down on the after cruise Survey, which in turn is probably not going to get the problem resolved at all. Which is unusual because RCI are normally better than that, or is it a change in the system.

Maybe I will sail with you again one day...

hi stan, when we talk to you we where getting on with life, and not complaining we did put everything on the survey but no one as got back to us and said sorry.we paid over$1000 for the cruise we had good time,but we have never had that happen on any off our 7 cruises first time on rci, very nice ship may go on one off the others.p&o got rid of pacific sun out of aussie lots of things going wrong old age,the main pipe supplying bathroom burst old age the cant check all pipeing have to fix when they break.when we had chefs table we got invited up to royal suite very nice, our cabin you went past shower room to get to walk in robe rushing around to get everything onto bed to pack then moving ports and bags jens back ended up bad I got pain patches to put on and panadol kept her going shes 60. morrie

hi stan, when we talk to you we where getting on with life, and not complaining we did put everything on the survey but no one as got back to us and said sorry.we paid over$1000 for the cruise we had good time,but we have never had that happen on any off our 7 cruises first time on rci, very nice ship may go on one off the others.p&o got rid of pacific sun out of aussie lots of things going wrong old age,the main pipe supplying bathroom burst old age the cant check all pipeing have to fix when they break.when we had chefs table we got invited up to royal suite very nice, our cabin you went past shower room to get to walk in robe rushing around to get everything onto bed to pack then moving ports and bags jens back ended up bad I got pain patches to put on and panadol kept her going shes 60. morrie

Dear Mozza

As said before, this happens regularly on all ships, and no brand is going to be better than another when you get flooded out.

They have tried to fix the problem and in giving you compensation is a good start in deed

It takes a while for any responses from surveys, but as others suggest write to customer service. RCCL are normally great

I was also on this cruise with you and hope things are better now

Please note that I have had a lot worse experiences with P&O when an issue arises, and even when injured from their actions had no compensation and had to pay all medical myself. Please be careful to judge a cruise line from a poor experience

We love royal for a reason, and hope to see you back

take care

Greg:)