Island Princess C311

trbarton

I'm in stateroom C311 on the Caribe deck on the Island. Anyone stayed in that stateroom and have photos? What did you think of that stateroom and how was the views from you're balcony? I'm aware that the Island is different because of the bumped out sections.

Anything that I should know about the Island. I've cruised on the Grand & Golden and will be on the Star in May.

Thanks!

Tom:)

I am on the Coral Princess (sister ship) and purposely chose C309 over C311 for a b2b2b. I liked the idea of being able to look straight down into the water. I also liked the glass wrap around balcony (but smaller). I will have a much wider range of view. Unfortunately, I will also be able to look directly into your balcony (sorry to whomever is next to me). C311 will have a little more restricted view forward. You will have a larger (9x9) balcony, but you might have a view of the mini-suite balcony below you and/or life boat.

I am on the Coral Princess (sister ship) and purposely chose C309 over C311 for a b2b2b. I liked the idea of being able to look straight down into the water. I also liked the glass wrap around balcony (but smaller). I will have a much wider range of view. Unfortunately, I will also be able to look directly into your balcony (sorry to whomever is next to me). C311 will have a little more restricted view forward. You will have a larger (9x9) balcony, but you might have a view of the mini-suite balcony below you and/or life boat.

Thanks for your information. I have looked at my cruise on September 27 but other cabins are not available. Perhaps my T/A can put some cabins on a waitlist. I have looked at C309 & C310 in my category BE and C622 & C637 in Cat. BD. I'm not sure if BD is a higher cost category. Can I request to be waitlisted in a stateroom that is not available to book?

Thanks!

Edited by trbarton

Thanks for your information. I have looked at my cruise on September 27 but other cabins are not available. Perhaps my T/A can put some cabins on a waitlist. I have looked at C309 & C310 in my category BE and C622 & C637 in Cat. BD. I'm not sure if BD is a higher cost category. Can I request to be waitlisted in a stateroom that is not available to book?

Thanks!

When I booked my cabin for May, C310 was already sold out for one of my b2b2b. Since I did not want to move during this 18 day cruise, I booked early to secure my particular cabin. As you can see, there aren't many of them. C622 and C637 are classified as "better" cabins because of their location. Did you look at a different deck (Emerald, Baja, Aloha)? The mid-ship bumpout corner units look like they are mini-suites (on the ends).

Did you look at the Coral Princess for available cabins? They have very similar itineraries (different dates). September 23 voyage has C309 available.

I guess there would be no harm in asking to be wait listed. I do not know the process and hope someone will answer your question. Your voyage has sold out all of their balcony staterooms. This will make it much more difficult to be wait listed. Have you considered making your booking as upgrade? It wouldn't hurt, unless you are really happy with your location. If they upgrade you, they may move you into a mini since they will want your balcony. Are you working with a TA?

I absolutely love the Coral (most favorite ship). You will thoroughly enjoy your Panama Canal cruise no matter which cabin you are in. You won't stay in your cabin for the transit. Get out and stand in the front, aft, Promenade....I wouldn't be overly concerned about C311 for this cruise (verses Alaska).

I don't mean to confuse you even more. All the staterooms on the Island and Coral are wonderful.

When I booked my cabin for May, C310 was already sold out for one of my b2b2b. Since I did not want to move during this 18 day cruise, I booked early to secure my particular cabin. As you can see, there aren't many of them. C622 and C637 are classified as "better" cabins because of their location. Did you look at a different deck (Emerald, Baja, Aloha)? The mid-ship bumpout corner units look like they are mini-suites (on the ends).

Did you look at the Coral Princess for available cabins? They have very similar itineraries (different dates). September 23 voyage has C309 available.

I guess there would be no harm in asking to be wait listed. I do not know the process and hope someone will answer your question. Your voyage has sold out all of their balcony staterooms. This will make it much more difficult to be wait listed. Have you considered making your booking as upgrade? It wouldn't hurt, unless you are really happy with your location. If they upgrade you, they may move you into a mini since they will want your balcony. Are you working with a TA?

I absolutely love the Coral (most favorite ship). You will thoroughly enjoy your Panama Canal cruise no matter which cabin you are in. You won't stay in your cabin for the transit. Get out and stand in the front, aft, Promenade....I wouldn't be overly concerned about C311 for this cruise (verses Alaska).

I don't mean to confuse you even more. All the staterooms on the Island and Coral are wonderful.

A lot of staterooms sold out. Not able to change trip as airfare is already purchased plus I am in charge of a Meet & Greet and other activities . May check with my T/A to see what my options are.

Thanks for your help!