Pool Towel Policy???

What is the current pool towel policy? Do they leave as et of towels in your cabin and you need to leave them there at the end? Or is it the old policy where you go to the towel stations whenever you need a towel? Have they reduced the hours of the towel stations?

On Enchantment, we had to get towels from the station on the pool deck, but no sea pass swiping, and you could just return them to the bin, and get clean ones, no lines. I happen to like 3 towels; one to dry, one for the chair and one to roll up under my neck, and prior to this is was 2 per person :( Also there is a pool staffer with a bin at the embarkation deck to return towels after "wet" excursions. It is a wonderful thing:D

Now, people, don't be stealing the crappy towels or leaving them on the beaches ashore and ruin it for all of us!! Please bring your towels back;)

We just got off Brilliance, and they had clean towels stacked in the cubbies (the ones that look like they were originally meant for food trays) in the Solarium every morning, along with the stacks at the towel desk.

It's simple, there is no towel policy in effect

I will say our fellow cruisers on Oasis recently were a very lazy and did not like to return their used towels. Upper decks were a mess late afternoons and deck attendants did their best to stay on top of it.

It might help if they had a few more drop of areas for used towels.

That is the only drawback IMO.

I will say our fellow cruisers on Oasis recently were a very lazy and did not like to return their used towels. Upper decks were a mess late afternoons and deck attendants did their best to stay on top of it.

I agree -- particularly on a giant like Oasis where there are so many areas to lay out. The new no-policy policy is pretty new though, so hopefully they'll figure these little things out as time goes on.

I agree -- particularly on a giant like Oasis where there are so many areas to lay out. The new no-policy policy is pretty new though, so hopefully they'll figure these little things out as time goes on.

So where do we get towels now on allure/oasis. Is it still by the two pools (and if so do you just grab and go or do you have to get em from an attendant) or do we get em in our cabin?

What is the current pool towel policy? Do they leave as et of towels in your cabin and you need to leave them there at the end? Or is it the old policy where you go to the towel stations whenever you need a towel? Have they reduced the hours of the towel stations?

So where do we get towels now on allure/oasis. Is it still by the two pools (and if so do you just grab and go or do you have to get em from an attendant) or do we get em in our cabin?

On Allure in January, there were no pool towels in the cabin. If you're in a Suite, you can get them at the pool on the way up to the suite deck or just ask the bartender on the suite deck. Most times, he or someone else would ask as soon as you arrived if you wanted towels.

So agree!! We said we almost wish they would go back to the old system of swiping cards! People are so fricking lazy!!! Take your towels to the station and put them in the bin vs leaving them on the chairs - doesn't take that much work!!!!!

From what I am reading, there is no more checking out pool towels with your seapass. Is that correct? I will be so happy because my 3 sons got charged for their towels even though they retunred them with their seapass cards. We didn't know they had been charged until afer we had returned home from the cruise and the charges were on the seapass. They returned them the morning of debarkation as they wanted them for the pool & hot tub late the night before.

It seems to vary from ship to ship. I was on the Freedom of the Seas last month and the process was the same as before the change. I asked the crew person why they were still recording the towels on the computer. He said we are still following the same procedure, the only difference is that you do not get charged for towels not recorded as returned. Confusing, but I guess the Hotel Director feels he will get more towels returned if you feel they have been recorded on your card.

Is this change for the better or the worse?

Do they now leave beach towels in your cabin?

LuLu

~~~

We did not have towels in our cabin, had to get them at the station

Double edge sword - it is nice not to have to check out towels but it is awful that people have to be so lazy that they cannot take their dirty towels and dump them in the bin

Last week on the Freedom we did not have pool towels in our cabin. We had to get them from one of the two towel stations on the 11th deck. Often times only one station was open unless it was middle of the day. They scanned our cards but were pretty liberal with extra towels. I prefer them being in the cabin, especially when getting ready to go into a port.

I don't know what the big deal was anyways. I never did mind paying the fee for the towel I knew I was going to return it and get my money back not once did I have an issue with the way they had it before. I just figure now people will leave towels all over the place or be a chair hog and never come back for their towel.

I don't know what the big deal was anyways. I never did mind paying the fee for the towel I knew I was going to return it and get my money back not once did I have an issue with the way they had it before. I just figure now people will leave towels all over the place or be a chair hog and never come back for their towel.

I'm with you. We only scanned twice, once at the beginning of the cruise and once at the end and we got clean towels in between whenever we wanted. I feel for those that were charged but by all accounts, RCI was removing the charge if you complained. I don't think Royal saw the benefit to chair hogs before implementing the new policy but I've never seen a real problem with chair hogs anyway.

They left two towels in my stateroom on Liberty in January. In addition, there are towel stations on the pool deck. You can take towels and leave wet towels there. No limits on the number. No need to show a seapass card anymore.

Thank you Royal Caribbean!