sorry another drinks package question

raybigblue

hi ,can some one offer advice on wine by the glass in mdr ,myself and my wife have classic package ,and having never used this can i ask ,is it easier to order a glass of white and one of red at the same time for one person to save ordering between course,s for dinner or just keep catching the wine waiters attention ,we normaly choose a prosseco before dinner and a bottle at dinner ,so it will be a bit different , thanks

If you let your sommelier know you want to pair your courses with wine at the beginning of the meal, in my experience they will come back frequently enough that you will never be empty. I usually just told her what I was having, and let her choose the pairings. If you have a preference for either red or white, just let the sommelier know that, too.

Last fall on our cruise we used the following method. We would stop at cellar masters and pick up our appertif, usually a white or a sparkling wine, bringing it into the dining room. Then, we chatted with the sommelier about our menu choices and selected wines for each course. Depending on how busy he was, sometimes he brought us the wines course by course, other times (if he was swamped) he brought all the wines at once. I think in the dining room they are less concerned about possible "sharing" of the package.

You will have a dedicated Som for your table in the MDR, they will ask a few questions, tell them what you would like to experience. By the second day our's had a bottle on the table when we arrived for dinner, and swapped it out as she expanded our tasting.

Is there a dedicated Som in Blu also?

You will have a dedicated Som for your table in the MDR, they will ask a few questions, tell them what you would like to experience. By the second day our's had a bottle on the table when we arrived for dinner, and swapped it out as she expanded our tasting.