Website Bug--Can't check in online

AZ ParrotHead

Hey all,

Well, we were able to get in touch with a rep last week who processed our final payments for our Equinox cruise in May. Only took 5 calls and a grand total of 2 hours on hold.

Unfortunately, there is still a bug in Celebrity's website that is preventing us from checking in online and booking spa apps, speciality dining and shore excursions. Basically, it's a java error that says that the website country code authentication is failing. It worked fine until a few weeks ago so I assume a new version of the site was released that included this bug.

This is frustrating though as we can't do anything online. Including viewing our reservation. I sent an email to customer service and, surprise surprise, have not received a response. That was 10 days ago. Anyone have any suggestions on who to contact?

Edited by AZ ParrotHead

Don't know if this will be any help... But try with an other web browser. Sometime it doesn't work with IE but will on Google Chrome. When I try IE now it doesn't work but it do with Chrome...:confused:

Don't know if this will be any help... But try with an other web browser. Sometime it doesn't work with IE but will on Google Chrome. When I try IE now it doesn't work but it do with Chrome...:confused:

Thanks for the suggestion. Have tried in chrome, IE and Firefox. Also on the ipad, Mac, and multiple PCs. Still no dice.

Thanks for the suggestion. Have tried in chrome, IE and Firefox. Also on the ipad, Mac, and multiple PCs. Still no dice.

Oh no...! They are having big problems with their IT department.... Get screen dumps of the problem and mail it to them. I have heard several times Before that they don't understand the problems so I have learned to have proofs.

Hope they solve your problem!

Oh no...! They are having big problems with their IT department.... Get screen dumps of the problem and mail it to them. I have heard several times Before that they don't understand the problems so I have learned to have proofs.

Hope they solve your problem!

Yes, I sent them several screen shots and even translated the code for them. I'm a project manager with extensive IT background. We shall see what happens. Celebrity as an organization doesn't do a great job investing in their support. I believe their IT organization is at the corporate level and shared with Royal and Azamara.

Edited by AZ ParrotHead

This is a rampant problem on Celebrity's site.

The only thing we have found (and this may not work for you) is to NOT sign into your account but rather go to "Already Booked", then "Online Checkin" then submit Reservation # and details and you might be able to sneak in that way.

We have 5 X cruises booked, 2 accessible through our account, 3 not. As I told the CC rep the other day, as a stockholder, it really, really upsets me in the amount of money they are costing themselves in revenue over site glitches.

Royal Caribbean: Penny wise and pound foolish.

The only thing we have found (and this may not work for you) is to NOT sign into your account but rather go to "Already Booked", then "Online Checkin" then submit Reservation # and details and you might be able to sneak in that way.

We have 5 X cruises booked, 2 accessible through our account, 3 not. As I told the CC rep the other day, as a stockholder, it really, really upsets me in the amount of money they are costing themselves in revenue over site glitches.

Grat suggestion. Giving it a try now.

Dealing with the Celebrity website is almost as bad as calling Celebrity and waiting 43 minutes on hold for someone to answer only to tell you that they can't help you.

We are booked on April 5 and April 10 Constellation sailings. We did our online check-in for April 5 sailing and requested luggage tags. About 10 days later we did our online checkin for the April 10 sailing but did NOT request luggage tags as we won't need them as we are in the same cabin on both sailings. We never got luggage tags for the April 5th sailing, however, we did receive them for the April 10 sailing:confused:

This is exactly what I did today and it worked!!! I also logged out when I got an error message and then logged back in. Finally got it all done!

I was able to do my online registration today. Got all the way thru and got my confirmation, but could not find where to get baggage tags. I tried going back thru again and still couldn't find the button to press to obtain the tags. Any help would be great.

The last few days have been able to access my Transatlantic booking - made final payment over the phone. After a few phones calls and emails, still no luck.

When I attempt to MANAGE MY BOOKING the response is UNABLE TO ACTION DUE TO SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. When I try the 'sneaky' way and ago to ONLINE CHECK IN the response is RESERVATION BEING MODIFIED. When I entry my Booking Reference I get a response INVALID LOYALTY NUMBER, even tho I am only entering my booking reference requested.

Bysides which my partners SAILING HISTORY has all disappeared following the recent Captains Club Conversion - as we embark on our sixth Cruise with Celebrity.

I am using the Australian Website, a promised return call today never eventuated, perhaps tomorrow, as I know a response from head office could be 'significantly delayed"

Anyone experienced similar issues, or hopefully a solution -

Maybe they are working on my upgrade

I was able to do my online registration today. Got all the way thru and got my confirmation, but could not find where to get baggage tags. I tried going back thru again and still couldn't find the button to press to obtain the tags. Any help would be great.

Have you received your e-docs from Celebrity? Luggage tag request button will not be available until you do. That is approx. 48/49 days prior to your sailing date.

Have you received your e-docs from Celebrity? Luggage tag request button will not be available until you do. That is approx. 48/49 days prior to your sailing date.

II'm not sure but i Think not everybody can order luggage tags....

When I attempt to MANAGE MY BOOKING the response is UNABLE TO ACTION DUE TO SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. When I try the 'sneaky' way and ago to ONLINE CHECK IN the response is RESERVATION BEING MODIFIED. When I entry my Booking Reference I get a response INVALID LOYALTY NUMBER, even tho I am only entering my booking reference requested.

Bysides which my partners SAILING HISTORY has all disappeared following the recent Captains Club Conversion - as we embark on our sixth Cruise with Celebrity.

Have had excact the same problems.link

But now it seems to work as it should... keep your fingers crossed....

On our last cruise the issue was trying to put in credit card info. It kept kicking me out of my account everytime I tried. After 4 or 5 tries on different days I just gave up and gave the CC at check in at the port. Strangely enough it did let me put CC info through to pay for shore excursions.

Update. Still no luck on this. Have tried all the tips on this and other threads. Getting pretty frustrated. I didn't know modern luxury meant bad website.

Try calling this number 1-877-200-2897. This is the number they give for online check in troubleshooting!

They will walk you through it. I had problems checking in too! Couldn't get passed the first page even with the rep on the phone! The rep actually worked on it and called me back in about an hour after they got it fixed and I was good to go!