Packing Time?

I always start packing 5-6 months before.......I don't put a lot of clothes in till right before we leave, but toiletries, shoes, socks, documents, I do pack early. Like an earlier person said, packing and planning is half the fun!

I'm going to bring a suitcase out tonight and start putting in all the stuff I don't need in Michigan now... Suntan lotion, flip flops, shorts. sunglasses. Also put in phone charges, binoculars, shaving kit, socks, underwear, etc. I'll added the things that will wrinkles just before we leave. :D

For sure you won't need some of those things in Michigan right now. We are supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow by Wednesday.

I'll pack at most a day or so before. I keep a complete toiletry kit (including duplicates of all my makeup) for travel, so that's just a matter of grabbing it. Same for sunscreen/water shoes/etc that I only really use on cruises - those live in a separate bag in my travel cabinet (I have a wardrobe in the spare bedroom that houses all my travel stuff).

I'm not a clothes horse, by any means - I did a 12-night Med cruise with a 3-day post in Barcelona with a 22" carry-on. Lots of reversible, colorful silk wrap skirts (don't wrinkle, pack very small, and can be washed in a sink if necessary, reversible so 8 skirts = 16 days with absolutely no repeats) and neutral tops that I could wear with all of them. 2 pairs of shoes, one dressy pair and one for touring (and only the dressy ones go in the suitcase, the touring ones I wear on the plane). 2 bathing suits. 2 sarongs, which I could also wear as skirts if I wanted, but mainly as cover-ups. Also take no room in the suitcase.

I can pack in less than 30 minutes, easy.

Is 5 weeks before your cruise too early to start packing?

No pack whenever you are in the mood! Our cruise is 4o days away but I have the suitcases out and am starting to gather stuff I will need and am not going to be using..I am so ready!!!!

We are 81 days out and have so far done toiletries and started to pull little things out as I think of them. Got new flip flops and a few new things for Christmas with the cruise in mind. I hate winter and after this one all I can think about is this cruise! It's never to early. Like said before packing is half of the fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never too early to start. I find I do better packing in sections. One day the shower bag and all the extra stuff. Another day all the dress cloths, you know, the things you won't miss because you already packed them. Then the summer cloths because we sure don't need those now. Then the rest. And the day before pack everything you know you missed. :D