Packing Time?

I keep a "to go" bag just in case my hubby surprises me with a cruise. It hasn't happened yet... but I wanna be ready!! haha

I like to pack some things earlier then others.

I have a bathroom bag I always refresh with new stuff so I have to make sure that is packed sooner then my clothes and stuff.

Chass

It's never too early as long as you don't pack your daily necessities! Pack the stuff you know you won't be needing in the next five weeks but don't want to forget. I am always ready to start as soon as we book due to excitement. Have an amazing time!

Is 5 weeks before your cruise too early to start packing?

I'll pack three days before. Some 2 months. Whatever floats your boat:rolleyes:

LOL, exactly! For me personally, 5 weeks before is at least 4 1/2 weeks too early, but do whatever makes YOU comfortable! :)

I might be a bit extra but I disembark with a suitcase of washed, dried and fold clean clothes ready for the next year's cruise.

Not sure what I'll do after my next trip - I've read that there aren't any launderettes on RCI.:eek:

Is 5 weeks before your cruise too early to start packing?

No way! I've been packing and ironing since January for my May cruise. That's half the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

No way! I've been packing and ironing since January for my May cruise. That's half the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

If you lived closer, we'd be happy to bring our ironing over and add to your fun! :D

I started a packing list about a month in advance. I am sure to jot down all the cruise-specific items so I won't forget them. We will do a mock-up prepack a week before to see how things are going to fit. No last minute space emergencies for us.

I'm going to bring a suitcase out tonight and start putting in all the stuff I don't need in Michigan now... Suntan lotion, flip flops, shorts. sunglasses. Also put in phone charges, binoculars, shaving kit, socks, underwear, etc. I'll added the things that will wrinkles just before we leave. :D

If I leave home at 8 am to catch a flight, I will start packing at 745. I really have my packing down to a science. I have a list that is spot on to have no worries about over packing, and it's easy to print it off and check things off as I put it in the suitcase. Yes 15 minutes is a touch of an exaggeration however I never pack more than the night before I leave.

If I leave home at 8 am to catch a flight, I will start packing at 745. I really have my packing down to a science. I have a list that is spot on to have no worries about over packing, and it's easy to print it off and check things off as I put it in the suitcase. Yes 15 minutes is a touch of an exaggeration however I never pack more than the night before I leave.

For business trips, that's about my mode. 15 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration maybe, but 30 isn't! I don't have a checklist except in my head, but I know exactly where everything goes in my carryon.

For vacations, its not QUITE that cut & dried. As I think of things I want/need that are additional/different from a business trip, I'll start setting them aside a few days before (or more accurately, my wife probably will! :) ), but I still don't pack the final suitcase until just before departing - I need the razor, deodorant, finger nail clippers and other things that morning!

Is good for me since my clothes shrink in my closet, by packing early gives me a chance to buy clothes that if, if necessary.

Reminds me of an experience from my very first RCCL cruise, in the late 80's. We were on the official airport transfer bus headed for the port, and there was a RCCL rep with a microphone, giving us information about the upcoming cruise. She was trying to inject a little humor, and said that for anyone who thought that all the food, especially the grand midnight buffet made them gain weight on cruises, that that wasn't it at all. She explained that the true explanation was that the salt atmosphere onboard tended to shrink your clothes. At which one woman on the bus raised her hand and asked "how come it ALSO shrinks the ones that I left home in the closet?!?! :D

I start thinking about what I may wear months ahead and start laying out clothes, etc maybe a month out. It takes me 2 solid days to gather and pack. I sooooo overpack. I bring maybe 20 pair of shoes for a 10 day cruise, and a swimsuit per day. i love to dress up, so I wear different shoes with every outfit.

My poor husband! For Hawaii stay 3 days, cruise 11 days, I packed three large pieces of luggage! Yikes!! If your DH complains, tell him he could have to haul all of my stuff!

Now that our daughter's away at school, I use her room as my staging area, and that might start as early as a month out. The suitcases will be open on her bed, but not packed. It's just a place for me to start my packing piles.

Packing for me is half the fun. :)

I start thinking about what I may wear months ahead and start laying out clothes, etc maybe a month out. It takes me 2 solid days to gather and pack. I sooooo overpack. I bring maybe 20 pair of shoes for a 10 day cruise, and a swimsuit per day. i love to dress up, so I wear different shoes with every outfit.

My poor husband! For Hawaii stay 3 days, cruise 11 days, I packed three large pieces of luggage! Yikes!! If your DH complains, tell him he could have to haul all of my stuff!

I would be from the camp of, you packed it now you carry it!:D:D:D

Depends if I'm leaving in the morning or evening. If I leave in the morning, I pack the day before. If I leave in the evening, I pack that day.

But, I use the extra bedroom like this:

Now that our daughter's away at school, I use her room as my staging area, and that might start as early as a month out. The suitcases will be open on her bed, but not packed. It's just a place for me to start my packing piles.

Packing for me is half the fun. :)

I'll start to collect stuff I will need, but don't need now, such as sunscreen, hat, warm weather clothes. I don't actually pack until I have everything collected and can see it all at once. I also pack pretty light, so it's just a matter of a quick checklist, and shove it all in.

My DW sounds similar to you! Well, maybe not quite 20 pair for 10 days, but quite a few! Since she enjoys dressing up so much, and I truly enjoy how lovely and sexy she looks when she does - I don't say much about the amount of luggage. :)