Eggs Benedict?

wezie

All of the cruises I have been on have it as a standard daily item on the menu. Recently some have mentioned they don't appear on the menu the last day but others have said they simply just order it and get it without problem.

You can get them but they are VERY hit or miss (mostly miss). On the last 2 cruises that we have been on they were either over cooked or raw (runny whites) in the middle. I think I may have had one that was acceptable on both cruises (Solid egg white with a deep yellow "runny" yolk).

You can get them but they are VERY hit or miss (mostly miss). On the last 2 cruises that we have been on they were either over cooked or raw (runny whites) in the middle. I think I may have had one that was acceptable on both cruises (Solid egg white with a deep yellow "runny" yolk).

On the Oasis this year the eggs benedict was inedible. Truly awful. Which is sad, as it is one of the things I always look forward to on a cruise. I ended up eating at Johnny Rockets most mornings, as the basic eggs bacon hashbrowns toast is very solid.

jc

My mother in law had it every morning in portofinos on our Explorer cruise. She said it was delicious every time. Hopefully it stays that way, it's the one thing she's looking forward to again.

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Oasis this year the eggs benedict was inedible. Truly awful. Which is sad, as it is one of the things I always look forward to on a cruise.

Did you discuss this with your waiter/head waiter? What did they say?

Aloha,

John

With an occasional hiccup, our Eggs Benedict experience on most ships has been good. Years ago, Monarch insisted the eggs had to be cooked to a certain temperature, and they came out like ping pong balls, but that was short-lived. They were soon back to the soft yoke. :)

This is one thing I wish Royal would steal from Celebrity -- the Eggs Benedict station that they had at the buffet on Silhouette was incredible. Just outstanding. I'm an omelet loyalist (also a sore spot for this Oasis Class fan...) but I was at the Eggs Benedict station many mornings on Silhouette.

concur. last cruise I was able to eat in Chops for breakfast as a suite perk. the eggs benedict was inedible( but the menu items were very well prepared) and I would say about half the time in the MDR they were sub par. oddly enough the best ones I ever had was via room service.

My mother in law had it every morning in portofinos on our Explorer cruise. She said it was delicious every time. Hopefully it stays that way, it's the one thing she's looking forward to again.

~Jacqui~ Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably because Portofino's uses its own kitchen and not the MDR kitche

Sigh. LOVE eggs Benny but hubby loves the Jammer more. He is built like a string bean. He is totally addicted to the carved ham at the Jammer. If he wasn't so silly I would be embarrassed.

He goes to one side and gets a few slabs of ham. Next he helps me with my fruit, yogurt and juice. Then quietly he heads to the OTHER side where the carver doesn't know him and gets a second small mountain!

Once, on the Beilliance, the carvers changed stations and he remembered Jim. I told him they didn't care but Jim was still red faced.......with his second plate of ham.

Sigh. LOVE eggs Benny but hubby loves the Jammer more. He is built like a string bean. He is totally addicted to the carved ham at the Jammer. If he wasn't so silly I would be embarrassed.

He goes to one side and gets a few slabs of ham. Next he helps me with my fruit, yogurt and juice. Then quietly he heads to the OTHER side where the carver doesn't know him and gets a second small mountain!

Once, on the Beilliance, the carvers changed stations and he remembered Jim. I told him they didn't care but Jim was still red faced.......with his second plate of ham.

If that's his only "vice," I think you're in good shape. :)

Did you discuss this with your waiter/head waiter? What did they say?

Aloha,

John

Nope, did it one time on the cruise. It was keeping me off the flowrider, but I did stop at JRs after the advanced standup later.

I don't think the servers had a thing to do with the awful taste. They just serve it. I really don't have time while on vacation to seek the head waiter and to tell them they served dreadful stuff.

I will try it again next year and see if it improves if not, there are many other lovely options.

jc

If that's his only "vice," I think you're in good shape. :)

That and beer!

His first cruise.....Hubbard Glacier day. We were warm on our big aft facing balcony. He decided cruising was GREAT. I ordered a pot of tea for me and he ordered his beer. He was amazed they would bring beer to him. That moment he fell in love!

Edited by Donut23

That and beer!

His first cruise.....Hubbard Glacier day. We were warm on our big aft facing balcony. He decided cruising was GREAT. I ordered a pot of tea for me and he ordered his beer. He was amazed they would bring beer to him. That moment he fell in love!

Excellent! We all have that endearing first moment, lol! And then we never look back. :)